JUNE 30 – JULY 7, 2018 | TUSCANY YOGA ESCAPE with JENN WOOTEN + ANGIE KNIGHT
One Yoga Global is a community of seekers, teachers, adventurers, thought leaders, change-makers, friends, yoga students and everyday people with a heartfelt desire to travel, learn, live deeply, and become more conscious global citizens.
If you’re ready to change your perspective, refuel your tank, meet a tribe of like-minded folk, and be inspired beyond your imagination – you’ve landed in the right place.
Join Jenn Wooten and Angie Knight for a week of “La Dolce Vita!” in one of Tuscany’s most charming Renaissance regions. Just 15 minutes from the medieval town of Lucca, our secluded hilltop retreat center is our own personal “small village” overlooking forests, vineyards, olive groves and mountains.
We’ll have exclusive use of 3 separate houses with rooms furnished in local Tuscan style and picturesque scenes from every window. Like all small villages, we have a communal area with a large outdoor terrace and panoramic views for alfresco dining. We’ll have use of several indoor and outdoor yoga spaces, a salt-water swimming pool, and even a Turkish sauna! Vegetarian group meals will be prepared by our own private chef featuring regional specialties and using local organic ingredients where possible
The charming town of Lucca is nestled in a lush valley just northwest of Florence and about 35 minutes fro Pisa airport. Its fascinating medieval architecture connects visitors to its rich layers of history, enchanting legends and tales. The Tuscany region is a perfectly magical backdrop for an immersive cultural and yoga experience. Please reserve soon as numbers are limited.
What to expect
Your retreat begins in Lucca, Italy where we will meet and transport the group to Il Borghino, your home for the week. A supportive yoga class will be followed by a chef prepared welcome dinner overlooking the luxurious pool and gardens.
Your next days will inlcude:
- Daily classes with Jenn and Angie
- Bike and walking tour of the colorful city of Lucca with one of the locals
- Evening out in Lucca where will experience one hour of enchanting Puccini opera (Lucca is the proud birthplace of Puccini!)
- Visit to a bio-dynamic local winery on foot and enjoy a dégustation of their local wines. The estate also produces olive oil, honey and pasta.
- Spectacular day trip to the stunning coast of Cinque Terre on the Italian Riviera. For those who are hikers, it is possible to spend a day walking and climbing between these beautiful villages and enjoy some spectacular scenery along the way. For others, you can still enjoy walking the more gentle trails, spend time swimming, exploring the villages or sampling some of the local delights.
Free Time + Optional Activities
During your free time you may choose to just relax and reflect, schedule a massage, learn to make homemade gnocchi at the villa, explore the medieval architecture of Lucca, sip coffee in the Piazza or venture to nearby Florence just an hour away!
About Jenn Wooten
Jenn has been teaching yoga for thirteen years going. She has an academic background in anatomy and physiology which informs her understanding of alignment and yoga as a therapeutic tool. Her gift as a teacher is her ability to connect somatically and emotionally with her students to connect with the wisdom of their own bodies. She is regarded as a teacher’s teacher and loves teaching students how to practice in a way that is accessible and effective to strengthen the body, ground the nervous system and open hearts and minds. Her teaching style is loving, grounded, challenging and as irreverent as it is spiritual. She teaches teacher trainings, retreats and workshops both locally and internationally. She continues to discover herself and the world around by rooting deeply into family and her practice while uncovering the mystery and magic that come from showing up to life as it is.
About Angie Knight
Angie has studied yoga, shamanism, and other healing arts for over 16 years. She has taught thousands of public and private yoga classes and leads workshops, mentorships, trainings and retreats, both nationally and internationally. She has studied various yoga lineages, but her main teacher has been her own practice, personal experience and life itself. She considers herself a student of life and has learned to embrace what is happening in the moment as the ultimate guide to awakened living. Her teaching is loving, compassionate, and empowering and she teaches from a place of connection rather than authority.
Angie’s teaching background is a mixture of Vinyasa Yoga, Ashtanga Yoga, Yin Yoga, Restorative Yoga, and Shamanic/Energy Healing. Her skill lies in combining yoga and healing to facilitate transformation in her students, helping them remember their inherent wholeness and discover what makes them come alive.
- 7 nights’ accommodation at villa, linens and towels
- Daily Yoga with Jenn and Angie including use of , yoga mats, blocks, blankets, belts, and bolsters, plus additional yoga mats for use outdoors
- 3 delicious vegetarian meals daily, except for one lunch out on Wednesday and one dinner out on a day to be decided. On these days, guests are free to explore on their own, choosing optional excursions or a night out in Lucca.
- An evening out in Lucca at the Puccini opera
- Day trip to Cinque Terre (hiking trail or by boat and walking)
- Local Winery Tour and wine tasting
- Guided bike and walking tour of Lucca
- Fresh detox fruit / vegetable juice at breakfast
- Local wine at dinner (1/2 bottle per person, per night)
- Unlimited fruit, water, and herbal tea throughout the day.
- Transfer from/to Lucca to/from the retreat centre on the day of arrival and departure (one scheduled pick-up and drop-off only). Transfers outside of the scheduled pick-up and drop off are not included.
- Outdoor salt-water pool and large common areas
- Steam room / sauna (first session free, thereafter €70 per session)
- Pool Towels, Hair dryers and use of laundry facilities
- Free Wi-fi
- Tourist tax
What’s Not Included?
- Airfare from/to your home city
- Travel insurance (highly recommended)
- Ground transportation outside the scheduled pick-up on arrival day and drop-off on departure day *
- One lunch, one dinner, and any other additional meals
- Optional activities other than those specified as included in the retreat price
- Other travel-related expenses
- Gratuities you might like to offer drivers and guide
* Transfers outside the scheduled pick-up or drop-off can be arranged for an additional fee
What to pack
- Yoga clothes
- Hiking/walking shoes
- Comfortable clothing
- A couple of nicer outfits for evenings out
- Bathing suit
- Sunscreen / insect repellent
- Adapters for electronics
Retreat Prices, per person
- Room Type 1 – Double Occupancy + shared hallway bathroom. 2 twin beds, 2 people per room, sharing one bathroom. 1 space still available. Cost: $2995 USD per person
- Room Type 2 – Double Occupancy + Private bathroom. 2 single beds, 2 people per room with private bathroom. 1 room still available. Cost: $3395 (USD) per person
- Room Type 3 – Double Occupancy + Private bathroom. 1 double bed, 2 people per room. 1 room still available. Cost: $3395 (USD) per person
- Room Type 4 – Single Occupancy + Private Room. 1 person per room. 1 room still available. Cost: $4195 (USD) per person
A $695 deposit will secure your space and we would be happy to match you with a roommate.
For details, contact Laura at email@example.com or click the button “Reserve Your Place”.
Deposits are non-refundable. Refund less deposit ($695) before March 1 . No refunds after March 1.
In case of cancellation, you may transfer your deposit or your reservation to another person as long as you notify One Yoga Global 30+ days in advance. In case of cancellation by One Yoga Global, you will receive a full refund of all funds received by One Yoga Global. Due to arrangements made with our vacation hosts, there can be no exceptions to this policy. Participants will be required to sign a liability waiver to participate on this trip.
If you place a deposit, the balance due will be set to charge in equal installments starting the month after deposit through March 1, 2018, unless other arrangements are made.
We HIGHLY recommend that you consider purchasing Travel Insurance. Travel insurance companies like TRAVEL GUARD offer policies that insure your investment in case you need to cancel (including “cancel for any reason” coverage), coverage for expenses incurred due to weather & travel delays, personal property loss and emergency travel medical. Please review policies carefully to choose the coverage you need.
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino at 3:45pm. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.