JUNE 19 – 26, 2021 | THE ART OF RENEWAL: RETREAT IN TUSCANY with MARIKO HIRAKAWA
Yoga is far more than a workout. It’s nothing short of an inner revolution. It’s a profound perspective that allows you to be your most vibrant, effective, authentic self.
Imagine a week of total immersion in the idyllic hills of Tuscany. Unwind from the incessant demands of life in the 21st century, and embark on this blissful and deeply rejuvenating the Tuscan sun!
Join Mariko Hirakawa, Yoga-Ayurveda expert with over 23 years of teaching experience, and author of the forthcoming book, The Yoga-Ayurveda Book of Anti-Aging Secrets, for an unforgettable, transformational retreat that will leave you deeply nourished and rejuvenated on all levels.
Each morning we’ll use creative Fluid Vinyasa Yoga to unblock the natural Life current through the physical and subtle bodies, exploring the sequences, transitional movements and asanas that awaken, heal, and activate us. After physical practice will learn to hold the high-frequency energy we’ve released through the supportive energy of group meditation.
The days we are not out on excursions (and we have some fantastic adventures planned!), we’ll relax with Mariko’s signature Restorative Aroma Bliss Yoga which combines the deeply rejuvenating benefits of Restorative Yoga with the magic of deliciously potent essential oils. Wise people know that taking time out to relax, reset and recharge in a supportive environment is one of the greatest investments one can make in life. Because often, we don’t realize how depleted and worn out we are until we step out of the hectic rhythm of our day to day life!
There’s something about stepping out of your ordinary surroundings and into great beauty that renews us on every level. It heightens our receptivity to new insights, paradigm shifts, and ideas that can lead to quantum leaps.
The Art of Renewal Retreat in Tuscany provides the perfect environment to nourish ourselves on every level – physically, emotionally, mentally, artistically, socially, and of course, spiritually.
How do I know if this trip is right for me?
• If you’re longing for an infusion of inspiration in your life
• You love combining Yoga and Travel.
• Health and Well-being on every level are important to you.
• If you need clarity in your life and the direction you are headed in life, work or relationships.
• If you feel the need to recharge and reconnect with Inner Guidance.
• Are on a journey of self-healing, physically, mentally & emotionally.
• If you feel called to connect with the magic and beauty of Tuscany.
• You love to indulge in the finer things in life – gorgeous healthy food, quality wine, the arts, and great company!
Our retreat home for the week will be Il Borghino, a beautiful estate that has been restored to provide elegant comfortable living in authentic Tuscan style. Wood beamed ceilings, stone, terracotta, marble – each bedroom has a gorgeous view of the Tuscan countryside. The estate is booked solely for our group of travelers and includes an outdoor salt-water pool, large communal living areas, a steam room and much more.
We have access to a fully-equipped yoga studio with Manduka mats, bolsters, blankets and straps as well as a stunning outdoor yoga shala set amongst vineyards and olive trees. With incredible views to the surrounding country side and the valley below, this is the perfect space to practice our sunset restorative yoga sessions.
Other Optional Excursions (not included)
- Bike & Walking Tour of Lucca
- Cooking Class
- Wine Tasting Excursion
- Puccini Opera in Lucca
- Massages and Holistic Treatments
- Italian Language Lessons
- Shopping Tour
- Explore Lucca on your own
About Mariko (E-RYT)
Mariko Hirakawa is a Yoga-Ayurveda Expert with over 20 years of teaching experience. A former professional dancer as well as an Ayurvedic physician trained in India, she combines scientific knowledge with an intuitive understanding of the body.
Mariko is the innovator of Tridoshic Yoga™, a dynamic synthesis of Yoga and Ayurveda. Based on the original teachings of the Himalayn Sages, Tridoshic Yoga™ offers an intelligent practice which serves both the fitness and therapeutic needs of the practitioner.
Mariko has been travelling to India every year since 1999 to study Yoga, Ayurveda and allied disciplines with renowned masters in their field.
In 2003, the experience of working with numerous terminally ill patients caused her to apply for and win a full scholarship to study Ayurveda, the ancient Indian healing science in one of the top Ayurvedic universities in India.
Proficient in Hindi and Sanskrit, she is one of the very few in the West to have completed the rigorous 5 ½ year (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery) degree program at an internationally recognized Ayurvedic university in India.
As a Yoga instructor, Mariko’s teaching style is a blend of Classical Hatha and Vinyasa, with strong influences from the Iyengar, Ashtanga Vinyasa, and Anusara styles. Drawing on her extensive studies in the West as well as in India, she offers an approach to the practice which honors the depth of its spiritual context while maintaining a strong emphasis on correct physical alignment.
Mariko is based in New York City and conducts retreats, workshops and classes around the world, and runs a private Ayurvedic practice in New York.
More details about Mariko on www.visionaryyoga.com
- Morning and evening yoga and meditation
- 7 nights accommodations including all linen and towels
- 3 fresh and locally sourced vegetarian meals daily (except for one lunch out and one dinner out).
- Local wine at dinner, 1/2 bottle per person, per night
- Unlimited fruit, water, and herbal tea throughout the day
- Freshly pressed detox fruit and vegetable juice every morning
- Last night celebratory dinner with Prosecco and pizza using the wood-fired pizza oven at Il Borghino
- Transfer from/to Lucca to/from the retreat centre on the day of arrival and departure (Note: one scheduled pick-up and drop-off only. Transfers outside of the scheduled times can be arranged for an additional fee.)
- Use of outdoor salt-water pool and common areas
- Assistance and advice from retreat concierge to arrange optional excursions
- Laundry facilities in each house, hair dryers and pool towels
- Free Wi-Fi
- Tourist tax
What’s Not Included?
- Travel insurance
- Optional in-house massages and healing therapies
- Ground transportation outside the scheduled pick-up on arrival day and drop-off on departure day*
- One lunch, one dinner, and any other additional meals
- Optional activities other than those specified as included in the retreat price
- Other travel-related expenses
* Transfers outside the scheduled pick-up or drop-off can be arranged for an additional fee
Retreat Prices, per person
Room Type 1: $$$$ USD per person
Twin Room with Shared Bathroom (2 rooms with two twin beds share 1 bath) 2 people per room
Room Type 2: $$$$ USD per person
Twin Room with Private Bathroom (two single beds) 2 people per room
Room Type 3: $$$$ USD per person
Double room with Private Bathroom (double bed) 2 people per room
Room Type 4: $$$$ USD per person
Single Room with Private Bath 1 person per room
Terms and Conditions
Please note that deposits are non-refundable. Travel insurance is strongly recommended if you need to cancel for any reason.
If you have any questions about this retreat, please click on the button “Reserve Your Place” or contact Mariko at firstname.lastname@example.org
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino at 3:45pm. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to email@example.com as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.