JUNE 1 – 8, 2019 | TUSCANY YOGA RETREAT with LILLIAN GRAJEDA + LEXI MUCCI
The way to “happily ever after” is by choosing a happy life! Everyday – it’s a choice you can consciously make.
Join Lillian + Lexi for a week of yoga and Pilates, delicious regional cuisine, meaningful connection and living the good life in the Tuscan countryside. Your retreat includes daily yoga and Pilates practices, as well as information on detox.
We will begin each day with meditation (optional) followed by an all levels morning practice and conclude most days with gentle restorative practice. Massages and holistic treatments are available in-house during your retreat to help relax, unwind, release tensions and improve well-being.
Yoga + Pilates
We have access to a fully-equipped yoga studio with Manduka mats, bolsters, blankets and straps as well as a stunning outdoor yoga shala set amongst vineyards and olive trees. With incredible views to the surrounding country side and the valley below, this is the perfect space to practice our sunset restorative yoga sessions.
Option for private yoga, Pilates, Thai- yoga body work and Detox sessions will be available and scheduled on day of arrival.
Our retreat home for the week will be Il Borghino, a beautiful estate that has been restored to provide elegant comfortable living in authentic Tuscan style. Wood beamed ceilings, stone, terracotta, marble – each bedroom has a gorgeous view of the Tuscan countryside. The estate is booked solely for our group of travelers and includes an outdoor salt-water pool, large communal living areas, a steam room and much more.
Twice daily yoga, delicious vegetarian meals served alfresco on the terrace, a fresh vegetable/fruit juice with breakfast and wine with dinner. All meals are included except for one lunch and one dinner out where you are free to explore on your own or take part in one of the optional excursions. Our final night will be filled with a celebratory pizza and prosecco dinner together.
Below is a sample of the optional excursions and activities available during your retreat – you can choose to be as active or relaxed as you desire.
- A guided bike and walking cultural tour of Lucca with a local guide – informative + fun!
- A wine tasting excursion: a scenic 3 km walk to a beautiful local winery followed by an interesting tour and tasting
- Puccini Opera in Lucca; for the opera lovers, this is a 1 hour taste of Puccini in a beautiful church
- Cooking class – learn from the best with Maria Angela, the most wonderful local cook who dishes up all our meals during the retreat
- Learn Italian with an experienced Italian teacher
About Lillian Grajeda
Lillian’s journey to yoga started after the birth of her 3rd child. Having spent hours in the gym in her 20’s, Lillian needed something more from her workout routine. She turned to Yoga and found a true connection to herself as well as a new career.
Study + Experience
Lillian completed her first 100 hours in Venice Beach with Shiva Rea, then went on to study over 800 hours with Rodney Yee and Colleen Saidman Yee. Her love of anatomy, alignment and sequencing is a continued source of inspiration and inquiry.
Lillian knows the way to “Happily ever after” is by choosing a happy life! Everyday-it’s a choice. No matter what the circumstance happiness is just a (happy) thought away. Lillian likes to focus on her family, wellness career and maintenance of a clean body, which allow her to stay in alignment with her purpose of sharing her passion-self love.
More details about Lillian on www.lillyyogaretreats.com
- 2 Daily Yoga Practices with Lillian + Lexi including use of yoga room, yoga mats, blocks, blankets, belts, and bolsters, plus additional yoga mats for use outdoors
- 7 nights’ accommodation at villa, linens and towels
- 3 delicious vegetarian meals daily, except for one lunch out on Wednesday and one dinner out on a night to be decided.
- Fresh detox fruit / vegetable juice at breakfast
- Local wine at dinner (1/2 bottle per person, per night)
- Unlimited fruit, water, and herbal tea throughout the day.
- Transfer from/to Lucca to/from the retreat centre on the day of arrival and departure (one scheduled pick-up and drop-off only).
- Outdoor salt-water pool and large communal living areas
- Use of the steam room / sauna (first session free, thereafter €70 per session)
- Pool Towels, Hair dryers and laundry facilities
- Free Wi-fi
- Tourist tax
What’s Not Included?
- Airfare from/to your home city
- Travel insurance
- Ground transportation outside the scheduled pick-up on arrival day and drop-off on departure day *
- One lunch, one dinner
- Optional activities other than those specified as included in the retreat price
- Other travel-related expenses
* Transfers outside the scheduled pick-up or drop-off can be arranged for an additional fee
Retreat Prices, per person
Pricing includes 7 nights, all taxes, transfers from Lucca and all meals excluding one lunch and one dinner out.
Room Type 1 – Twin room + shared hallway bathroom. (2 guests per room) $2100 USD per person.
Room Type 2 – Twin room + private bathroom (2 guests per room).
$2395 USD per person
Room Type 3 – Double / Queen bed + private bathroom. (2 guests per room – best suited to a couple). $2500 USD per person.
Room Type 4 – Private Room + Private Bathroom. (1 guest per room). $2999 USD per person
Terms and Conditions
A NONREFUNDABLE $500 USD Deposit will secure your spot with a payment plan optional.
Please indicate what type of room you would like. Once we receive your reservation, we will email you a confirmation along with more trip details. .
For more information, click on the button “Reserve Your Place” or contact Lillian at Lillyyoga@yahoo.com
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino at 3:45pm. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.