APRIL 8 – 15, 2023 | CREATIVE RETREAT “LA GIOIA A LUCCA” with TRICIA HEATON
Explore your artistic talents amongst the beauty of Tuscany. This creative retreat for women will celebrate the joys of Lucca and the surrounding areas.
Magical moments at the villa will include our Italian book club discussions, photography, social media workshops, cooking class, journaling, and more! We will take to the road for plein air watercolor at a nearby villa, sculpture and quarry visits, and swimming in the Mediterranean. Custom needlepoint canvases designs will delight stitchers as we build a bond of sisterhood in the gorgeous Italian countryside. Brought to you by Tricia Heaton of The Island Hopper.
Our unique retreat home for the week will be Villa Tramonte – which boasts comfortable lodging in fully restored 18th century estate, an outdoor pool, and delicious meals of farm-to-table vegetarian Tuscan cuisine — complete with local olive oil and wine. We have access to a fully-equipped yoga studio, as well as multiple outdoor spaces should we prefer to practice overlooking the valley below.
This retreat has been designed for you to experience a lot with great ease and with plenty of wide, open spaces in the itinerary to relax and/or explore on your own or with others. Your investment practically covers everything!
You can find the full retreat details here
About Tricia Heaton
Tricia Heaton is a needlepointing, party throwing, traveling, bookworm. An eternal optimist who sees beauty in everything, she most often has a camera in hand or at the bottom of her purse covered in M&Ms. A love of all things design related began as a small girl who was obsessed with the set of Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood of Make-Believe and a beloved custom dollhouse inherited from her mother. As the youngest child in a family of sailors, Tricia grew adept at bringing toys and books with her for long hours of sailing on Long Island sound on her family’s Pearson 36, Chocorua.
Tricia began island hopping during her first summer of life as she joined her parents, brother Henry, and sister Puddy on their annual summer vacation to Martha’s Vineyard. She has since returned to this dearly loved island and others, up and down the eastern seaboard, most summers of her life.
Transport Options – Getting to and from the retreat centre
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in at the retreat center is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:45pm, to coincide with the group transfer to the retreat centre at 16:00 There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to email@example.com as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to the retreat center.
- Check-out from the retreat center is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.