AUGUST 17 – 24, 2019 | YOGA UNDER THE TUSCAN SUN with JULIET CASSO, STACIE FINUCAN
“Keep walking, though there is no place to get to, don’t try to see through the distances, that’s not for human beings. Move within, but don’t move the way fear makes you move.” – Rumi
Join Stacie Finucan, Juliet Casso + RaeAnne Roseman for an excursion into the heart of Tuscany!
Our beautiful retreat center set in the idyllic Tuscan countryside. Literally meaning “small village”, Il Borghino offers a secluded retreat center set in a hill top position with magnificent views overlooking forests, vineyards, olive groves and mountains in the distance. Built with wood beamed ceilings, stone, terracotta and marble – each bedroom has a gorgeous view of the Tuscan countryside. The estate is booked solely for our group of travelers and includes an outdoor salt-water pool, large communal living areas, a steam room and much more.
During this magical week, you will be rejuvenated and re-charged with invigorating all-levels Vinyasa Flow and Yin Yoga classes, delectable meals, and plenty of Tuscan sunshine. Together we will take in the sights with wine tasting, a dinner out on the town, and options for excursions: a night at the opera, day tours of the scenic coast and medieval villages, and more! For our adventurers who enjoy being solo, you will have as much free-time as your heart desires to lounge by the pool, journal, and explore on your own.
Come with us to experience a week of yoga, adventure, wine, laughter, and relaxation in Italy… La Dolce Vita!
We have access to a fully-equipped yoga studio with Manduka mats, bolsters, blankets and straps as well as a stunning outdoor yoga shala set amongst vineyards and olive trees. With incredible views to the surrounding country side and the valley below, this is the perfect space to practice our sunset restorative yoga sessions.
- 7 nights accommodation at Il Borghino
- 3 delicious meals per day (*except for 1 dinner and 1 lunch)
- Wine Tasting Excursion
- Daily all-levels yoga classes (morning and afternoon classes daily)
- Daily meditation
- Inversion & Partner Yoga Workshop
About Stacie Finucan
Stacie has been a passionate and full-time yoga teacher since 2004 when she graduated from the Bikram Yoga College of India teacher training. Along with her family, Stacie opened Solar Yoga in Longmont, CO in 2006 and embarked on the journey of being a studio owner, manager, teacher trainer, and TEACHER!
Study + Experience
Stacie is most inspired by Baron Baptiste, with whom she has trained 500 hours and is certified by and assists. Any class you take with Stacie, no matter the class style or postures taught, will be full of inspiration, insight, laughter, sweat & tears, and all students will leave her class feeling that it was created just for them.
Stacie’s classes are filled with lessons learned from so many wonderful teachers, and lessons learned from everyday life. Stacie begins each yoga class with the joy and eagerness that comes from knowing that something great could happen, and probably will! You will be challenged to reach your greatest potential on all levels: physical, mental, and emotional. Come prepared to sweat, laugh, breathe, and find a stillness deep within yourself… and Stacie will come prepared to do the same! More details about Stacie www.odysseyyoga.com
About Juliet Casso
She signed up for a silent meditation retreat, and one morning, the monk she was studying under, asked if she would lead the rest of the students in a short 30 minute yoga practice. She explained that she was not a yoga teacher, but he insisted. After this impromptu class, Juliet was overwhelmed with the positive responses from the students. From that moment, she knew teaching yoga was her calling.
Study + Experience
Juliet receives her 200 hour yoga certification in Longmont, CO, and has been teaching, sharing, practicing and loving every second of it ever since. She loves to challenge her students, while allowing them to go where their practice takes them.. giving them the freedom to fully embrace what their bodies are wanting in each moment.
Outside of yoga, Juliet loves to play with crystals, hike, explore, learn and hang out with her crazy kids. More details about Juliet on www.jemyoga.me
- Daily Yoga + Meditation Practices including use of yoga room, yoga mats, blocks, blankets, belts, and bolsters, plus additional yoga mats for use outdoors
- Inversion + Partner Workshop
- 7 nights’ accommodation at villa, linens and towels
- 3 delicious vegetarian meals daily, except for one lunch out on Wednesday and one dinner out on a day to be decided.
- Wine tasting and walking excursion to winery (3-4 hours)
- Fresh detox fruit / vegetable juice at breakfast
- Local wine at dinner (1/2 bottle per person, per night)
- Unlimited fruit, water, and herbal tea throughout the day.
- Transfer from/to Lucca to/from the retreat centre on the day of arrival and departure (one scheduled pick-up and drop-off only).
- Outdoor salt-water pool and large communal living areas
- Use of the steam room / sauna (first session free, thereafter €70 per session)
- Pool Towels, Hair dryers and laundry facilities
- Free Wi-fi
- Tourist tax
What’s Not Included?
- Airfare from/to your home city
- Travel insurance
- Ground transportation outside the scheduled pick-up on arrival day and drop-off on departure day *
- One lunch, one dinner, and any other additional meals
- Optional activities other than those specified as included in the retreat price
- Other travel-related expenses
* Transfers outside the scheduled pick-up or drop-off can be arranged for an additional fee
Retreat Prices, per person
Room Type 1 – Twin room + shared hallway bathroom. (2 guests per room) $2150 USD per person.
Room Type 2 – Twin room + private bathroom (2 guests per room) $2650 USD per person.
Room Type 3 – Double bed + private bathroom. (2 guests per room – best suited to a couple) . $2950 USD per person.
Room Type 4 – Private Room (single bed)+ Private Bathroom. (1 guest per room). $3150 USD per person
For more information, click on the button “Reserve Your Place” or contact Juliet at firstname.lastname@example.org
Initial deposit is non-refundable. Travel insurance is highly recommended.
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino at 3:45pm. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to email@example.com as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.