JUNE 10 – 17, 2017 | LA DOLCE VITA YOGA RETREAT IN ITALY (TUSCANY) with SAVONN WYLAND
Enjoy 7 nights – 8 Days of La Dolce Vita (“The Sweet Life”) in Tuscany, Italy – a destination that speaks for itself with its rich history, art + culture, idyllic villages, iconic landscapes, fabulous food so delicious in its simplicity, world class wines, friendly locals, and more.
We will be staying at Il Borghino, a Tuscan Estate and villa complex retreat center, consisting of 3 completely restored houses nestled in the hills of Tuscany, cradled between olive groves and vineyards with exquisite gardens and panoramic views over the historic town of Lucca looking towards Pisa and the sea. The accommodations include simple yet stylish rooms, a large salt-water swimming pool and Jacuzzi, an onsite yoga studio, wood burning pizza oven and Turkish Sauna.
The vibe of Il Borghino is relaxed, informal, and friendly and the goal of the place “is to provide everyone on the retreat an experience that blends healthy living with a perfect dose of Italian sweet life ~ La Dolce Vita~”
Your Yoga Holiday includes:
- Daily yoga classes taught by Savonn. No need to bring your own mat or props. The yoga studio has blocks, blankets, straps, mats and bolsters. We will have opportunities to practice both inside the yoga studio and outside on the terrace.
- Delicious meals including lots of farm to table produce, estate produced wine, olive oil, and herbs. Meals will be prepared by a local chef who makes deliciously fresh dishes based on what is in season and the region’s specialities. Food is sourced from local producers and wherever possible, that includes organic grains, fruit and vegetables. Also available will be homemade fresh fruit and vegetable juices and cleansing herbal teas using fresh herbs from the garden. Friday night is Pizza + Prosecco Night, with pizza coming out fresh from the wood burning oven. If needed, gluten free and other special dietary requirements options can be arranged.
- Stylish yet simple lodging. Options include both shared and single rooms with private baths, as well as private rooms with shared baths. See pricing below for room availability and prices. The rooms are large, simple and furnished tastefully in local Tuscan style, each with fabulous views from every window.
- Day long trip to Cinque Terre. We will spend a day in breath-taking Cinque Terre exploring the five coastal villages embedded in rocky cliffs along one of Italy’s most scenic stretches of Liguria. For those who are hikers, it is possible to spend a day walking and climbing between these beautiful villages and enjoy some spectacular scenery along the way. For others, you can still enjoy walking the more gentle trails, spend time swimming, exploring the villages or sampling some of the local delights
The retreat is open to students of all levels. Since there are so many things to do on this retreat, it is a great opportunity to bring along friends or family who may not be interested in the daily yoga practices but who would be inspired by the culture of Italy and the chance to unwind, explore, meet new people and join in the excursions and optional activities.
Full details about this retreat can found on Savonn’s website
Other Optional Activities:
There are also other choices of optional activities and excursions, designed to give you a taste of Tuscany and the local culture, without it feeling like a organized tour, inlcuding:.
- Excursion to nearby Lucca. Includes a bike tour around the ancient walls, a walking tour to explore the main attractions and a cafe break.
- Puccini Opera in Lucca – For the opera lovers, you can catch a Puccini Opera every night in Lucca. The concert starts at 7:15pm and lasts up to 1 hr.
- Optional Massages and Holistic Treatments – there are wonderful local therapists who will be available throughout the retreat for various massages and other treatments.
About Savonn Wyland
Savonn’s approach to teaching is to provide skillful and detailed instruction, non-dogmatic and grounded inspiration, along with mindful intention and awareness. She weaves in many different styles and approaches to her creative sequencing and theme based classes.
Savonn recognizes the importance of an integrated approach to health and well being. She believes that yoga and other meditative and expressive arts are a great complement to athletic, professional and creative pursuits.
Her classes, workshops and retreats offer an opportunity to tap into the transformational energy present when a group comes together to practice without losing the power of personal inquiry and expression. Her one-on-one sessions help to better tailor a personal practice, to address individual concerns, modifications and questions, and to make sure the practice stays safe, nurturing and fun.
Savonn has been teaching yoga and other healing arts for over 17 years and has owned and run yoga studios for the past 14 years. Savonn is the founder and co-director of Bernal Yoga in San Francisco, CA and Sellwood Yoga in Portland, OR. Together with Bill, her brother, she oversees the growth, development and vision of the studios through their company Align Integrative Wellness, LLC. Savonn and Bill also created and lead the Sellwood Yoga Align Teacher Training Program.
Savonn holds Yoga Teaching Certificates in “Flow/Vinyasa” from the White Lotus Foundation, “Pre and Post Natal Yoga” from the Seattle Holistic Center, “Yin/Yang” yoga from Sarah Powers and Paul Grilley and completed an in depth training in “Therapeutic Yoga” from the Yoga Garden of San Anselmo.
She is a certified MELT Method “Hand and Foot Instructor” as well as a MELT Method “Level One Instructor”.
You can find more information about Savonn on her website www.sellwoodyoga.com
Room Type 1 – Shared Room + Private Bathroom (2 twin beds that can also be combined to make a bigger shared bed, 2 people per room, each room has a private bathroom.): $1990 (USD) per person ( 5 rooms, 10 spaces)
Room Type 2 – Shared Room For a Couple + Private Bathroom (1 double bed, 2 people per room, has private bathroom): $1990 (USD) per person ( 2 rooms, 4 spaces)
Room Type 3 – Private Room + Private Bathroom (1 single bed, 1 person per room, has private bathroom): $2290 (USD) per person ( 2 rooms, 2 spaces)
Room Type 4 – Deluxe Private Room + Shared Bathroom (1 double bed, 1 person per room with shared hallway bathroom): $2290 (USD) per person (2 rooms, 2 spaces)
A $500 (USD) DEPOSIT reserves your spot, please indicate what type of room you would like. Once we receive your reservation, we will email you a confirmation along with more trip details.
Your remaining balance is due by April 1, 2017.
- 7 nights’ accommodation + all linen + towels + laundry facilities;
- Daily yoga classes with Savonn;
- 3 delicious meals per day (except for one dinner out and one lunch out on for the excursion day to Cinque Terre);
- unlimited fruit, water, and herbal tea throughout the day;
- local wine at dinner (1/2 bottle per person, per night max);
- use of the salt water swimming pool, Jacuzzi and Turkish Sauna;
- Cinque Terre excursion;
- Italian cooking class;
- WiFi (available in the common room only);
- transfers to and from Lucca train or bus station to Il Borghino at the start and finish of the retreat (there will be one scheduled pick up and drop off only-any transfers outside of this are not included).
Email Savonn for more information about booking: email@example.com
What’s Not Included?
- Travel insurance
- Airport transfers
- Optional extra excursions other than those specifically indicated as included in the price
- Any meals outside of Il Borghino
- Optional Massages and Healing Arts Therapies
- Other travel related expenses
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
Both Saturdays (June 11 and 18) are travel days. Our check in on 6/11 starts at 4pm and our check out on 6/18 is by 9:30am. We will have an evening practice on 6/11 from 5:30-7:00pm, followed by dinner. On 6/18 we will have a morning practice from 7-8:30am, followed by breakfast.
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino at 15:45pm. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.