JUNE 4 – 11, 2022 | LA DOLCE VITA ITALY YOGA RETREAT – with ANGIE KNIGHT
Join Angie for a deeply nourishing and FUN retreat and experience La Dolce Vita in the heart of Tuscany with this 7-day yoga retreat experience of a lifetime!
Indulge your senses with wine tastings, wood-fired pizzas and other chef-prepared Italian meals. Practice yoga al fresco with views overlooking the hills and olive groves, or in a stunning indoor room with glass windows looking into the swimming pool. Lounge by the saltwater swimming pool, and enjoy the panoramic views from the gorgeous outdoor terrace.
Your secluded retreat center is nestled on a hilltop, offering breathtaking views of forests, vineyards, and mountains in the distance. Literally meaning “small village”, Il Borghino was designed to maintain the original character of the village while still being both comfortable and modern. A large communal area is the hub of the retreat centre: a place for retreat guests to gather during the day, enjoy meals together, share experiences and of course, practice daily yoga. The centre is ideally located 15 minutes from Lucca, 35 minutes from Pisa, 1.5 hrs from Florence and 1.5 hrs from the breathtaking Cinque Terre region, making it the perfect base to explore Tuscany and Liguria.
Angie has studied yoga, meditation, shamanism, and other healing arts for over 18 years. She has taught over ten thousand public and private yoga classes. She leads retreats, inspirational seminars, yoga teacher trainings, and mentorships, both in the US and abroad. Her teaching is light hearted and fun yet she is down to earth and connects deeply with her students and life. Her teaching style is humorous, empowering, compassionate, and loving.
- Day trip to the breath-taking Cinque Terre region consisting of 5 coastal villages embedded in rocky cliffs along one of Italy’s most scenic stretches of Liguria. (Lunch in town not included.) You can hike the trail with Angie or take a train to the villages and spend the day exploring.
- Wine tasting excursion along the beautiful “Strade del Vino” (the wine road) to a local winery nestled among scenic, winding roads flanked by olive groves and vineyards.
- Bike and walking cultural tour in nearby Lucca to discover its fascinating medieval walls, ancient architecture and elegant palazzos. See some of its works of art, sample some of the best gelato in the world or stop at one of the local cafés to enjoy a macchiato!
- Round-trip transportation for a fancy evening dinner on the town.
About Angie Knight
Angie Knight has studied yoga, meditation, shamanism, and other healing arts for 20 years. She has taught over ten thousand public and private yoga classes and leads teacher trainings, mentorships, inspirational seminars, and retreats, both nationally and internationally. She has studied various yoga lineages, but her main teacher has been her own practice, personal experience and life itself. She considers herself a student of life and has learned to embrace what is happening in the moment as the ultimate guide to living.
Her teaching is light hearted and fun yet she is down to earth and connects deeply with her students and life. Her teaching style is funny, empowering, inspiring, compassionate, and loving. She teaches from a place of connection rather than authority. For years, she has supported and coached others to transform their pain into their power, trust their own inner guidance, and live an authentic life. She has a gift for combining yoga and healing to facilitate transformation in her students, helping them remember their inherent wholeness and discover what makes them come alive.
More details about Angie on www.angieknightyoga.com
- 7 nights’ accommodation at villa, linens and towels
- 3 delicious vegetarian meals daily (minus one lunch and one dinner when we head out to explore)
- Fresh detox fruit / vegetable juice at breakfast
- Local wine at dinner (1/2 bottle per person, per night)
- Unlimited fruit, water, and herbal tea throughout the day.
- Transfer from/to Lucca to/from the retreat centre on the day of arrival and departure (one scheduled pick-up and drop-off only). Transfers outside of the scheduled pick-up and drop off are not included.
- Pool Towels, Hair dryers and use of laundry facilities
- WIFI Internet access is available.
- Washing facilities are available in each house for use by retreat guests.
- Excursions include a trip to the breathtaking seaside villages of Cinque Terre, bike ride around nearby medieval village of Lucca, and a wine tasting at a beautiful local winery.
What’s Not Included?
- Airfare from/to your home city
- Travel insurance
- Ground transportation outside the scheduled pick-up on arrival day and drop-off on departure day *
- One lunch and one dinner out when we are out out on excursions.
- Any other additional meals you choose to have outside the retreat centre.
- Massages and Optional activities other than those specified as included in the retreat price
- Other travel-related expenses
* Transfers outside the scheduled pick-up or drop-off can be arranged for an additional fee
Retreat Prices, per person
Il Borghino is comprised of three separate houses. The rooms are large, simple and furnished tastefully in local Tuscan style, each with fabulous views from every window. Each house is fully self-contained and offers every facility to meet the needs and privacy of retreat guests. Tea and coffee making facilities are also available in each house for use by retreat guests outside meal times.
Twin share room with shared hallway bathroom – $2595 USD per person.
2 people per room / 2 single beds / shared bathroom
Twin share room with private bathroom – $2795 USD per person.
2 people per room / 2 single beds / private bathroom
Twin share room with queen size bed + private bathroom – $2795 USD per person.
2 people per room / Queen-size bed / private bathroom
Single room with double bed and private bathroom – $3395 USD per person.
1 person per room / double bed / private bathroom
Please note that some private bathrooms are ensuite while others are located just outside the room.
THIS RETREAT IS LIMITED TO 18 PARTICIPANTS. REGISTER TODAY!
For more information, click on the button “Reserve Your Place” .
Terms and Conditions
EARLY REGISTRATION: Enroll by January 6, 2020 and receive $200 off.
A deposit of $499 is required to reserve your room. This amount will be deducted from the total retreat cost. If your room will be DOUBLE OCCUPANCY, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to give us the name and contact info of your roommate, and we will invoice them. We will also be happy to match you with a roommate.
We can issue refunds minus the deposit amount ($499) before March 1, 2020. NO REFUNDS AFTER March 1st. If you need to cancel your trip, you may transfer your deposit to another person, so long as you notify email@example.com no less than 21 days in advance.
Due to the arrangements made with the retreat destination, we can offer no exceptions on this policy.
It is highly recommended that you consider purchasing Travel Insurance. Purchasing travel insurance through companies like TRAVEL GUARD protects your investment in case you need to cancel (including “cancel for any reason” coverage), as well as coverage for expenses incurred due to weather & travel delays, personal property loss, and emergency medical services needed during your trip. Please review policies carefully to choose the coverage you need.
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino at 3:45pm. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.