OCTOBER 20 – 27, 2018 | TUSCANY YOGA, WINE TASTING + CINQUE TERRE with CHERYL SHILLINGTON
Discover Your SELF ~::~ Inspire Your SPIRIT ~::~ Elevate Your MOOD ~::~ Foster CLARITY
October provides the opportunity to see and enjoy Tuscany like no other month allows. Fall is the time of harvest; Mushrooms, chestnuts, truffles, olives, mmm….our farm to table meals will be that much more delicious!
Not to mention the harvesting of the grapes. The Tuscans area has over 60 different varieties of grapes – imagine a walking to the local vineyard to sample some of their selections. On our walks and day trips we will be surrounded by thousand of colours and sounds – a feast for our senses.
What does our week look like?
Sat Oct 20 – arrival and pick up at train station in Lucca at 3:45 pm. If you can’t make this arrival time, please let Yoga in Italy know. Arrival time must be no earlier than 4 pm. You will unpack, look around and prepare for a gentle class to unwind around 4:30 pm. Welcome Dinner is served at 7 pm.
Sunday Oct 21 – 7:30 am morning yoga, 9:00 am breakfast, 10 am free time (book massage, holistic treatment, take a nature walk), 1:30 lunch, 2:30 free time, 4:30 yoga before we head into town. Dinner out this night to explore Pietrasanta in the evening. This night dinner is not included as it gives each person an opportunity to wander Pietrasanta, explore and stop and eat wherever your heart desires. We will have an established pick-up and departure time to return to Il Borghino.
Monday Oct 22 – 7:30 am yoga, 9:00 am breakfast, 10:00 am guided walking/biking in Lucca (3-4 hours), 1:30 lunch, 2:30 free time, 5:30 yoga, 7:30 Dinner
Tuesday Oct 23 – 7:30 am yoga, 9:00 am breakfast, 10:00 am walk to local winery (3 km each way – tour and tasting – 4 hours). 1:30 lunch, 2:30 free time, 5:30 yoga, 7:30 dinner. Rest up big day tomorrow.
Wednesday Oct 24 – 6:30 early morning snack, 7 am departure for cinque terre day trip, Lunch out (please bring money and eat nd explore at your leisure), 5:00 pm return to estate, 7 pm arrive at villa, 7:30 dinner. Sleep well!
Thursday Oct 25 – 7:30 yoga, 9:00 am breakfast, 10:30 am Cooking class or free time , 1:30 lunch, 2:30 free time, 5:30 yoga, 7:30 dinner
Friday Oct 26 – repeat yesterday – Farewell dinner of Pizza and Prosecco.
Saturday Oct 27 – 8 am farewell breakfast, 9:30 transfer to Lucca train station.
Small group to ensure your are taken care of. Cheryl has lead many sold out retreats. Travel with a veteran retreat leader. You are in GREAT hands. What are you waiting for?
Our retreat home for the week will be Il Borghino, a beautiful estate that has been restored to provide elegant comfortable living in authentic Tuscan style. Wood beamed ceilings, stone, terracotta, marble – each bedroom has a gorgeous view of the Tuscan countryside. The estate is booked solely for our group of travelers and includes an outdoor salt-water pool, large communal living areas, a steam room and much more.
Mmm…the sweet life is calling!
About Cheryl Shillington
Cheryl is the owner and primary instructor of Yoga Glow Studio. She is a graduate of both the University of Western Ontario and Windsor University and has a degree in Social Work. She obtained her first 500 hour yoga teacher training in 2006 after nearly 9 years of personal practice. Later, in 2012 she received permission directly from Swami Vivekananda Saraswati to lead students in practice. She is honored to share her 20+ years of experience with her students. She is insightful and combines her knowledge of yoga, social work and rehab; inspiring students on their path.
Study + Experience
Cheryl has studied and practiced Mindfulness, Ashtanga, Sivananda & Agama and weaves these into her classes.
Beyond the studio, she leads retreats internationally and teaches mindfulness courses. She takes her classes out into the community presenting at wellness workshops and community events.
Cheryl recognizes that each body brings a unique story to the mat. She often works with people individually to address their unique needs. Yoga can be adapted for any body. Postures are only one part of the practice. The full practice combines 8 limbs including moral & ethical guidelines, postures, breath work, mastery over the external influences, concentration and meditation leading to transcendence. Practice opens a doorway, allowing you to experience a deeper connection with yourself. She hopes that your sadhana (your practice) creates an awareness that what you are looking for is already inside of you.
More details about Cheryl www.yogaglowstudio.com
- 2 Daily Yoga Practices with Cheryl including use of yoga room, yoga mats, blocks, blankets, belts, and bolsters, plus additional yoga mats for use outdoors
- 7 nights’ accommodation at villa, linens and towels
- 3 delicious vegetarian meals daily, except for one lunch out on Wednesday in the Cinque Terre and one dinner out in Pietrasanta on a day to be decided.
- Day Trip to Cinque Terre UNESCO world heritage site (full day)
- Wine tasting and walking excursion to winery (3-4 hours)
- An authentic Italian Cooking class (2 – 3 hrs)
- A night exploring at Piestrasanta, a lively artist village (please bring money for food)
- Bike and Walking tour of Lucca, a medieval walled town (3-4 hours)
- Fresh detox fruit / vegetable juice at breakfast
- Local wine at dinner (1/2 bottle per person, per night)
- Unlimited fruit, water, and herbal tea throughout the day.
- Transfer from/to Lucca to/from the retreat centre on the day of arrival and departure (one scheduled pick-up and drop-off only).
- Outdoor salt-water pool and large communal living areas
- Use of the steam room / sauna (first session free, thereafter €70 per session)
- Pool Towels, Hair dryers and laundry facilities
- Free Wi-fi
- Tourist tax
What’s Not Included?
- Airfare from/to your home city
- Travel insurance
- Ground transportation outside the scheduled pick-up on arrival day and drop-off on departure day *
- One lunch, one dinner, and any other additional meals
- Optional activities other than those specified as included in the retreat price
- Other travel-related expenses
* Transfers outside the scheduled pick-up or drop-off can be arranged for an additional fee
Retreat Prices, per person
Shared Room with 2 single beds + private bathroom (2 guests per room).
€2125 (EUR) per person
Shared Room with Queen Bed + private bathroom – (2 guests per room – best suited to a couple).
€2125 (EUR) per person.
50 percent due at booking (all refundable should the retreat not run). Must be held with a credit card.
Refer a friend who books and you receive 100 Euro off of final payment.
Refer a second person, receive another 50 Euro off.
Final payment due Sept 15, 2018
For more information, click on the button “Reserve Your Place” or contact Cheryl at firstname.lastname@example.org
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino at 3:45pm. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to email@example.com as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.