For all the yogis who know me well, you know that Tuscany holds a little piece of my heart. It is the one place I would go back to year after year, it is the one place where as soon as I step off the plane I feel like I’m home.
Scintilla: a tiny trace or spark of a specified quality or feeling.
For me personally, I find the best place to find your true spark is in Italy. Specifically, in beautiful, magical, tranquil, perfect Tuscany. The gardens, the views, the people, the food, their culture, the nature, the scents…Tuscany is breathtaking. I always leave rejuvenated, with a spring in my step, a twinkle in my eye and a bit of scintilla…sparkle…pure happiness. And this is something so magical you shouldn’t keep it to yourself… I want to share this with you!
Join me in Tuscany in September to find your “Scintilla”
Our retreat home for the week will be Il Borghino – which boasts comfortable lodging in four beautifully-renovated buildings, an outdoor salt-water pool, and delicious meals of farm-to-table vegetarian Tuscan cuisine — complete with local olive oil and wine. We have access to a fully-equipped yoga studio, as well as multiple outdoor spaces should we prefer to practice overlooking the valley below.
Wake up to yummy Primal/Vinyasa Yoga every morning, attend fun workshops most afternoons and enjoy smooth & stretchy flows, meditation or restorative in the evenings; there is plenty on offer with an optional 19 hours of yoga available to you! Yoga will be practiced outside by the pool, in the shala among the vineyards or in the indoor yoga studio. There is nothing quite like Sunrise & Sunset sessions where you can fully savour the serenity of the Tuscan countryside.
The Optional Activities
As well as all the yoga on offer there are plenty of things going on in Italy to help find your special ‘Scintilla’. Below are a few trips and activities available if you should wish to venture out and explore the incredible surroundings or stay in and work on your Italian skills and your well-being!
- a bike and walking tour of Lucca with a local guide;informative fun!
- wine tasting excursion: a scenic 3km walk to a beautiful local winery followed by an interesting tour and tasting
- Puccini Opera in Lucca; for the opera lovers, this is a 1 hour taste of Puccini in stunning suroundings
- Visit to a thermal spa; bathe in healing waters, enjoy Turkish steam rooms and sauna. Leave feeling completely relaxed
- Cooking class – learn from the best with Maria Angela, the most wonderful local cook who dishes up all our meals during the retreat
- Learn Italian with an experienced Italian teacher
- Explore Lucca on your own – taxis can be arranged for minimal charge so you can experience Lucca when you wish
- Massages and spa treatments; you are most definitely in for a treat with some really incredible local therapist whoi will be on hand through ouyt the retreat to offer various treatments