SEPTEMBER 17 – 24, 2022 | RELAX + REJUVENATE RETREAT with KELLY UPSON + MARY HARGRAVES
When we practice awareness and a healthy relationship with ourselves, it extends out into our relationships, job, lifestyle, and how we engage with the world.
Join Mary Hargraves and Kelly Upson for a yoga holiday in Italy and connect to all parts of your self: mental, emotional and spiritual body as well as your physical body. By nurturing these relationships within your whole self, you will find the “being” part of being human.
Yoga + Meditation Practice
Mary and Kelly follow the ancient tradition of body/breath awareness in each pose. Their passion for the practice of yoga is based on gentle, healing poses,
safely leading each student into their expression of pose by honoring and trusting
their own body’s wisdom.
Classes are suited for Every Body in a non-competitive environment where the vibe is gentle, compassionate, supportive and fun.
In addition to asana practice, we offer a variety of other unique wellness modalities including Tai Chi, Qi Gong, Reiki, Positional Therapy, Mala Making for use in Meditation Practice, Restorative, Yin and Yoga Nidra.
We have access to a fully-equipped yoga studio with Manduka mats, bolsters, blankets and straps as well as a stunning outdoor yoga shala set amongst vineyards and olive trees. With incredible views to the surrounding country side and the valley below, this is the perfect space to practice our sunrise or sunset yoga sessions (weather permitting).
What’s a typical day like during your Italy Yoga Retreat?
Our days are filled with twice daily yoga practice and meditation. After an energizing morning practice, indulge in a delicious nutritious breakfast followed by free time to enjoy a spa treatment or partake in one of the many optional activities. Following lunch, we will come together again for an afternoon yoga stretch to relax the body, followed by a freshly made regional meal served with local wine. (weather permitting). One 30 minute Reiki session is also included in your retreat price.
Our final night will be filled with a celebratory pizza and prosecco dinner together. Meals are included except one lunch and dinner out while out.
There is plenty of free time in which you may choose to participate in other optional other activities, spa treatments or do nothing but soak up life at Il Borghino. Optional activities include an authentic Italian cooking class, a guided bike and walking cultural tour of Lucca, a wine and olive oil tasting excursion, Italian language lessons, a day trip to the Cinque Terre, Puccini opera in Lucca, a thermal spa visit and much more. You can choose to be as active or relaxed as you like!
7:00-8:00 am: Tea, coffee & fresh fruit for early risers
8:00-9:30am: Yoga & meditation
10:30am-1:30pm: Free time to relax, explore, spa time
2:30-4:00pm: Free time, optional excursion or workshop
4:00-5:30pm: Restorative Yoga/Yoga Nidra
Our retreat home for the week will be Il Borghino, a beautiful estate that has been restored to provide elegant comfortable living in authentic Tuscan style. Wood beamed ceilings, stone, terracotta, marble – each bedroom has a gorgeous view of the Tuscan countryside. The estate is booked solely for our group of travelers and includes an outdoor salt-water pool, large communal living areas, a steam room and much more.
About Mary Hargraves (500 hour RYT)
- 500 hour from Kripalu Yoga and Wellness and is currently in study for the 1000 hour certification at Kripalu
- Co-owner and facilitator of Vishuddha Yoga Teacher Training, a 200 hour certification yoga teacher training program approved through Yoga Alliance
- Yoga of the Heart- For individuals recovering from Heart & Breast Surgery
- Integrated Positional Therapy, using muscle release, strain counter strain and yoga posture to relieve pain
- Reiki Usui System of Natural Healing I & II
- Mary has instructed over 2000 hours of yoga
About Kelly Upson (RYT 200)
Kelly believes in total body wellness. Through the practice of self-care, yoga and Reiki therapy, we are better able to reveal the secrets of balance, harmony and the release of energy for healing of body and mind.
- 200 hour from Vishuddha YTT and is currently in study for the 500 hour certification at Kripalu
- Restorative Therapeutic Yoga
- Yoga Nidra Facilitator
- Usui Reiki Level I, II & Master Level, Crystal Reiki Master
- Sanskrit Studies with Manorama
- Yoga’s Therapeutic Wisdom Training with Doug Keller
- Innovative Teaching Methodology & Sequencing Aligned Anatomy with Amy Ippoliti
More details about Kelly on www.kellyupsonyoga.com
- Twice daily yoga and meditation practices including use of yoga room, yoga mats, blocks, blankets, belts, and bolsters, plus additional yoga mats for use outdoors
- 1 x 30 minute reiki session per person
- 7 nights’ accommodation at villa, linens and towels
- 3 delicious vegetarian meals daily, except for one lunch out on Wednesday and one dinner out on a day to be decided.
- Fresh detox fruit / vegetable juice at breakfast
- Local wine at dinner (1/2 bottle per person, per night)
- Unlimited fruit, water, and herbal tea throughout the day.
- Assistance and advice in arranging optional excursions to local attractions and nearby town
- Transfer from/to Lucca to/from the retreat centre on the day of arrival and departure (one scheduled pick-up and drop-off only).
- Outdoor salt-water pool and large communal living areas
- Use of the steam room / sauna (first session free, thereafter €70 per session)
- Pool Towels, Hair dryers and laundry facilities
- Free Wi-fi
- Tourist tax
What’s Not Included?
- Airfare from/to your home city
- Travel insurance
- Ground transportation outside the scheduled pick-up on arrival day and drop-off on departure day *
- One lunch, one dinner, and any other additional meals
- Optional activities other than those specified as included in the retreat price
- Other travel-related expenses
* Transfers outside the scheduled pick-up or drop-off can be arranged for an additional fee
Retreat Prices, per person
Room Type 1 – Twin room + shared hallway bathroom. (2 guests per room / 2 rooms available) $1950 (USD) per person
Room Type 2 – Twin room (two single beds) + private bathroom (2 guests per room / 5 rooms available) This room can be converted to King Bed for a couple $2500 (USD) per person
Room Type 2 – Twin room (double bed) + private bathroom (2 guests per room / 2 rooms available) This room can be converted to King Bed for a couple $2500 (USD) per person
Room Type 3 – Single Room + Private Bathroom. (1 guest per room / 2 rooms available). $3200 (USD) per person
Terms and Conditions
$500 USD deposit to reserve your place.
Initial deposit is non-refundable. Please obtain travel insurance should your health prevent you from participating.
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino at 3:45pm. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to email@example.com as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.