April 28 – May 5, 2018 | Yoga Escape in Tuscany with Alex Cohen
Find relaxation and renewal at our Tuscany getaway. We go beyond yoga and wellness. We offer a state of well-being that uplifts your spirit and sparks change in your life in an environment of natural beauty, and Italian cultural warmth. Decompress, take a deep breath and truly focus on yourself. Our group trips bring together unforgettable journeys and memories to last a life time!
Begin a one-week journey of yoga, enhanced with Tuscany’s natural beauty. Join us in Tuscany – where the people, the land, the architecture, the food, the wine, and the natural beauty; stay with you long after your holiday has ended.
Arrival – transfer from Lucca to our villa. Welcome gathering with Alex Cohen and Eva Stelzer. Join us for a gentle stretch and meditation.
Morning Yoga followed by a healthy breakfast. The remainder of the morning is yours to enjoy a massage, sit by the pool, enjoy a nature walk with Alex and Eva, or try a holistic treatment. After a delicious lunch, we come together again in the afternoon for yoga with Alex. In the evening, we take taxis into Lucca for an evening out on the town to experience Puccini Opera (Lucca is the birthplace of Puccini) followed by dinner out.
Morning Yoga – strength and tone – followed by a healthy breakfast.After breakfast join us for walk in the Tuscan hills to a local winery where we’ll enjoy a wine tour and wine tasting. We return to the villa for lunch and come together in the afternoon again for yoga and meditation.
Morning Yoga – strength and tone – followed by a healthy breakfast. For those who are interested we suggest taking an optional bike and walking tour of Lucca with one of the locals, returning to the villa for a later lunch at 2:00pm. The afternoon is free to enjoy before afternoon yoga and meditation.
Breakfast is early today at 6:30ambefore we board our private van at 7:00am to take us for a full day excursion to the Cinque Terre. We will hike the towns, lunch overlooking the Ligurian sea, practice yoga in a refreshing new environment. Walk along the well-groomed and renowned paths of the Via dell’Amore (The Path of Love). The scenic route hugs the coastline and leads to cliff side Manarola. Traverse the centuries-old terraces cultivated with grapevines and olive trees to the hamlet of Volastra. Descend gradually into quiet Corniglia built high on rock formations that rise from the sea. After lunch, try an ice cream at the Gelateria in Corniglia before taking the train back to Monterosso. Included, bus transfers, guided hike, yoga. We leave Cinque Terre at 4:00pm and return to the villa for an early dinner and an after dinner gathering with our our yoga teacher.
Morning Yoga – strength and tone – followed by a healthy breakfast. Today is a free day to enjoy one of the many optional activities such as a Cooking class. We enjoy lunch together at the villa and then more free time for optional massages and relaxing before yoga and meditation and our last night celebratory Pizza and Prosecco party. We have our own wood-fired pizza oven and personal pizza chefs!
Morning Yoga – strength and tone – followed by a healthy breakfast. Transfer to Lucca at 09:30 for onward travel plans.
In addition to its picturesque locale in the hills above Lucca, our villa Il Borghino boasts comfortable lodging in four beautifully-renovated buildings, an outdoor salt-water pool, and delicious meals of farm-to-table vegetarian Tuscan cuisine — complete with local olive oil and wine. We have access to a fully-equipped yoga studio, as well as multiple outdoor spaces should we prefer to practice overlooking the valley below.
There are many optional excursions to choose from when you’re not relaxing on site. Enjoy a walking/biking tour of the enchanting village of Lucca, an afternoon soaking up the healing waters in a thermal spa, an evening in the quaint artist village of Pietrasanta, a relaxing massage or spa treatment or a cooking class.
About Alexander Cohen
Born in Venezuela, Alex is a recognized fitness instructor and personal trainer who has a unique ability to integrate mind, body and spirit in his work. He is an accredited Pilates and Yoga instructor, a massage therapist and a certified personal trainer from the National Strength and Condition Association (NSCA).
Training & Qualifications
Alex graduated from the Institute of Integrative Nutrition (IIN) becoming a Holistic Health Coach. Through his versatility and creativity Alex has developed different fitness programs like BSFS workout, Cardio F.M., Stability Core Motion and most recently South Beach Pilates which has been presented in Seminars in Europe and South America. In addition he has trained with senior Iygengar yoga teachers. He believes that the three elements of success are the “3 P’s”: Passion, Perseverance and Patience. His personal mission is to positively influence people’s lives through fitness and wellness.
Retreat Prices, per person
Room Type 1 – Twin share room (two single beds) with shared hallway bathroom = €2550.
Room Type 2 – Twin share room (two single beds) with private bathroom = €2700.
Single room availability is limited and a single supplement applies.
Contact Eva Stelzer for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 7 nights’ accommodation at villa, linens and towels
- 7 delicious breakfasts, 6 lunches, 6 dinners all vegetarian
- Local wine at dinner (1/2 bottle per person, per night)
- Unlimited fruit, water, and herbal tea throughout the day.
- Freshly pressed fruit/vegetable juice every morning
- Transfer from/to Lucca to/from the retreat centre on the day of arrival and departure (one scheduled pick-up and drop-off only)
- Morning yoga every day, afternoon yoga or meditation classes most days, with some evening meditation classes.
- Use of yoga room, yoga mats, blocks, blankets, belts, and bolsters, plus additional yoga mats for use outdoors
- Wine tasting to a local winery
- Day trip to Cinque Terre
- Use of outdoor salt-water pool and common areas
- Use of steam room / sauna (first session free, thereafter €70 per session)
- Pool Towels, Hairdryers, use of laundry facilities
- Tourist tax
What’s Not Included?
- Airfare and travel to our meeting place in Lucca*
- Airport transfers
- Travel insurance
- One lunch, one dinner eaten out
- Optional activities other than those specified as included in the retreat price
- Optional Spa and Massage Treatments
- Entry to the Via del Amore in the Cinque Terre
- Gratuities for our guides, drivers and hosts
- Other travel-related expenses
* Transfers outside the scheduled pick-up or drop-off can be arranged for an additional fee
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino at 3:45pm. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to email@example.com as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.