APRIL 20 – 27, 2019 | TUSCANY YOGA RETREAT with ALLISON ANDERSEN + SARAH MORGAN
Yoga is a holistic practice involving body, mind and spirit. A lot can be gained by attending regular yoga classes but there is so much more depth to yoga to discover.
Deep in the heart of Tuscany lies the historic hill town of Lucca. Home to Puccini, fine wines, olive groves and rich history, Lucca glows healthy and bright in the spring.
Join us for a week of yoga, community, great food and adventure in this warm and beautiful town! Our days are filled with an energizing yoga practice followed by a delicious nutritious breakfast, a late lunch, an afternoon yoga stretch to relax the body, followed by a freshly made regional meal served with local wine and al fresco dining (weather permitting).
Included in the price of this trip are a bicycle tour of Lucca and a walking and wine tasting. Our final night will be filled with a celebratory pizza and prosecco dinner together. Meals are included except one lunch and dinner out while out. Please note there is additional free time in which you may choose to participate in other optional other activities, spa treatments or do nothing but soak up life at Il Borghino.
Optional activities include an authentic Italian cooking class, Italian language lessons, a day trip to the Cinque Terre, Puccini opera in Lucca, a guided shipping excursion in Lucca, a termal spa visit and more.
• Barga Day Trip
• Cinque Terre Day Trip
• Puccini Opera
• Thermal Spa
• Massages and holistic treatments
• Day trips into Lucca
We have access to a fully-equipped yoga studio with Manduka mats, bolsters, blankets and straps as well as a stunning outdoor yoga shala set amongst vineyards and olive trees. With incredible views to the surrounding country side and the valley below, this is the perfect space to practice our sunset restorative yoga sessions.
Our retreat home for the week will be Il Borghino, a beautiful estate that has been restored to provide elegant comfortable living in authentic Tuscan style. Wood beamed ceilings, stone, terracotta, marble – each bedroom has a gorgeous view of the Tuscan countryside. The estate is booked solely for our group of travelers and includes an outdoor salt-water pool, large communal living areas, a steam room and much more.
Owner of Red Sun Yoga Studio in Winter Springs, Florida
Class styles I teach: Gentle Hatha, Hatha 1 and Yoga Nidra
My favorite yoga posture: Virabhadrasana II (Warrior II). It makes me feel strong, focused and grounded.
Fur babies: The small dog variety pack: long haired Chihuahua , long haired Dachshund and two Yorkshire Terrorists. And a ridiculously cool tuxedo cat: Kitty Andersen. They all just sort of found us and we just sort of said, ok, come on in.
My favorite Quote: “Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs are people who have come alive.” Howard Thurman
Why I yoga: For me, yoga encompasses so much more than the physical postures. I truly love the philosophy of yoga. It was my belief system long before I knew it had a name so when I came to yoga, it was like coming home.
More details about Allison on www.redsunyoga.com
- Daily Yoga Practices with Allison and Sarah including use of yoga room, yoga mats, blocks, blankets, belts, and bolsters, plus additional yoga mats for use outdoors
- 7 nights’ accommodation at villa, linens and towels
- 3 delicious vegetarian meals daily, except for one lunch out on Wednesday and one dinner out on a day to be decided.
- Wine tasting and walking excursion to winery (3-4 hours)
- Bike tour of Lucca, a medieval walled town (3-4 hours)
- Fresh detox fruit / vegetable juice at breakfast
- Local wine at dinner (1/2 bottle per person, per night)
- Unlimited fruit, water, and herbal tea throughout the day.
- Transfer from/to Lucca to/from the retreat centre on the day of arrival and departure (one scheduled pick-up and drop-off only).
- Outdoor salt-water pool and large communal living areas
- Use of the steam room / sauna (first session free, thereafter €70 per session)
- Pool Towels, Hair dryers and laundry facilities
- Free Wi-fi
- Tourist tax
What’s Not Included?
- Airfare from/to your home city
- Travel insurance
- Ground transportation outside the scheduled pick-up on arrival day and drop-off on departure day *
- One lunch, one dinner, and any other additional meals
- Optional activities other than those specified as included in the retreat price
- Other travel-related expenses
* Transfers outside the scheduled pick-up or drop-off can be arranged for an additional fee
Retreat Prices, per person
Room Type 1 – Twin room + shared hallway bathroom. (2 guests per room / 4 places available) $2100 (USD) per person
Room Type 2 – Twin room + private bathroom (2 guests per room / 6 places avaialble) This room can be converted to King Bed for a couple $2200 (USD) per person
Room Type 3 – Single Room + Private Bathroom. (1 guest per room / 2 places avaialble). $2500 (USD) per person
Terms and Conditions
$500 deposit to reserve your place. Final balance paid in full by January 30, 2019.
Payment Plan option: 9 equal payments due on the 30th of each month
beginning May 30, 2018
For more information, click on the button “Reserve Your Place” or contact Sarah or Allison at firstname.lastname@example.org
Initial deposit is non-refundable. Please obtain travel insurance should your health prevent you from participating.
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino at 3:45pm. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to email@example.com as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.