A blissful retreat in the heart of Tuscany, nestled high in the hills of Lucca, with stunning sunrise and sunset views overlooking forests and mountains.
Join Anna Bek for 7 nourishing days and immerse yourself in daily yoga, meditation, healing treatments, farm-to-table meals and excursions to some beautiful places in Tuscany.
Often our lives are so busy we cannot make or curate the experience we want for ourselves. I like to offer a way for you to feel embedded in the culture yet with a true sense of feeling looked after and supported in your yoga immersion. We’ve done the leg work, the curation, the vetting process, the thinking and planning. All you need to do is to surrender to the experience and drop into yourself. My wish is for you to walk away feeling light, healthy, happy, with a greater connection to yourself and to the island we call home
Drop into your practice with morning and evening group classes of yin yoga, hatha yoga, and vinyasa flow yoga to help open the body, find flow by linking breath with movement, and tame the mind to guide you deeper into meditation. Together we will explore our edges, working through the things that we yearn to let go of so we can create the space in our lives to call in those things we wish to see and attract.
Yoga will be practiced outside by the pool, in the shala among the vineyards or in the indoor yoga studio. There is nothing quite like sunrise and sunset sessions where you can fully savor the serenity of the Tuscan countryside.
Our retreat home for the week will be Il Borghino – which boasts comfortable lodging in four beautifully-renovated buildings, an outdoor salt-water pool, and delicious meals of farm-to-table vegetarian Tuscan cuisine — complete with local olive oil and wine. We have access to a fully-equipped yoga studio, as well as multiple outdoor spaces should we prefer to practice overlooking the valley below.
The Optional Activities
As well as all the yoga, below are a few trips and activities available if you should wish to venture out and explore the incredible surroundings or stay in and work on your Italian skills and your well-being!
- a bike and walking tour of Lucca with a local guide;informative fun!
- wine tasting excursion: a scenic 3 km walk to a beautiful local winery followed by an interesting tour and tasting
- Puccini Opera in Lucca; for the opera lovers, this is a 1 hour taste of Puccini in stunning surroundings
- Visit to a thermal spa; bathe in healing waters, enjoy Turkish steam rooms and sauna. Leave feeling completely relaxed
- Cooking class – learn from the best with Maria Angela, the most wonderful local cook who dishes up all our meals during the retreat
- Learn Italian with an experienced Italian teacher
- Explore Lucca on your own – taxis can be arranged for minimal charge so you can experience Lucca when you wish
- Massages and spa treatments; you are most definitely in for a treat with some really incredible local therapist who will be on hand throughout the retreat to offer various treatments.