AUGUST 22 – 29, 2020 | TUSCANY YOGA RETREAT with ANNA BEK
“Be an explorer to discover what your medicine looks like”
A blissful retreat in the heart of Tuscany, nestled high in the hills of Lucca, with stunning sunrise and sunset views overlooking forests and mountains.
Join Anna Bek for 7 nourishing days and immerse yourself in daily yoga, meditation, healing treatments, farm-to-table meals and excursions to some beautiful places in Tuscany.
Often our lives are so busy we cannot make or curate the experience we want for ourselves. I like to offer a way for you to feel embedded in the culture yet with a true sense of feeling looked after and supported in your yoga immersion. We’ve done the leg work, the curation, the vetting process, the thinking and planning. All you need to do is to surrender to the experience and drop into yourself. My wish is for you to walk away feeling light, healthy, happy, with a greater connection to yourself and to the island we call home
Drop into your practice with morning and evening group classes of yin yoga, hatha yoga, and vinyasa flow yoga to help open the body, find flow by linking breath with movement, and tame the mind to guide you deeper into meditation. Together we will explore our edges, working through the things that we yearn to let go of so we can create the space in our lives to call in those things we wish to see and attract.
Yoga will be practiced outside by the pool, in the shala among the vineyards or in the indoor yoga studio. There is nothing quite like sunrise and sunset sessions where you can fully savor the serenity of the Tuscan countryside.
Our retreat home for the week will be Il Borghino – which boasts comfortable lodging in four beautifully-renovated buildings, an outdoor salt-water pool, and delicious meals of farm-to-table vegetarian Tuscan cuisine — complete with local olive oil and wine. We have access to a fully-equipped yoga studio, as well as multiple outdoor spaces should we prefer to practice overlooking the valley below.
The Optional Activities
As well as all the yoga, below are a few trips and activities available if you should wish to venture out and explore the incredible surroundings or stay in and work on your Italian skills and your well-being!
- a bike and walking tour of Lucca with a local guide;informative fun!
- wine tasting excursion: a scenic 3 km walk to a beautiful local winery followed by an interesting tour and tasting
- Puccini Opera in Lucca; for the opera lovers, this is a 1 hour taste of Puccini in stunning surroundings
- Visit to a thermal spa; bathe in healing waters, enjoy Turkish steam rooms and sauna. Leave feeling completely relaxed
- Cooking class – learn from the best with Maria Angela, the most wonderful local cook who dishes up all our meals during the retreat
- Learn Italian with an experienced Italian teacher
- Explore Lucca on your own – taxis can be arranged for minimal charge so you can experience Lucca when you wish
- Massages and spa treatments; you are most definitely in for a treat with some really incredible local therapist who will be on hand throughout the retreat to offer various treatments.
About Anna Bek
Anchoring you in the present.
Anna teaches yoga as a lifestyle of creating rituals of self-care that bring us strength, openness, and clarity. Through sacred movement, retreats to inspiring destinations, and sonic journeys, each session with her is uniquely crafted and intended to connect like-minded souls.
Anna dreams of helping people to reclaim their natural rhythm through various styles of movement, self-care, breathwork, chanting, meditation, nutrition, and sound. Her retreats are curated with much love and intention to provide a safe container for people to explore new perspectives and to reconnect to themselves.
More details about Anna on www.annabek.com
- 2 Yoga sessions every day including use of yoga mats, blocks, blankets, belts, and bolsters, plus additional yoga mats for use outdoors
- 7 nights’ accommodation at villa, linens and towels
- 3 delicious vegetarian meals daily (minus one lunch and one dinner when we head out to explore)
- Fresh detox fruit / vegetable juice at breakfast
- Local wine at dinner (1/2 bottle per person, per night)
- Unlimited fruit, water, and herbal tea throughout the day.
- Transfer from/to Lucca to/from the retreat centre on the day of arrival and departure (one scheduled pick-up and drop-off only). Transfers outside of the scheduled pick-up and drop off are not included.
- Outdoor salt-water pool and large communal areas
- Steam room / sauna (first session complimentary, thereafter €70 per session)
- Pool Towels, Hair dryers and use of laundry facilities
- Free Wi-fi
- Tourist tax
What’s Not Included?
- Airfare from/to your home city
- Travel insurance
- Ground transportation outside the scheduled pick-up on arrival day and drop-off on departure day *
- One lunch and one dinner out when we are out out on excursions.
- Any other additional meals you choose to have outside the retreat centre.
- Massages and Optional activities other than those specified as included in the retreat price
- Other travel-related expenses
* Transfers outside the scheduled pick-up or drop-off can be arranged for an additional fee
Retreat Prices, per person
Room Type 1 – Twin room + shared hallway bathroom. twin beds / 2 people per room. € (EUR) per person
Room Type 2 – Twin Room + Private bathroom. twin beds / 2 people per room. € (EUR) per person
Room Type 3 – Twin Room + Private Bathroom. double bed / 2 people per room. € (EUR) per person
Room Type 4 – Single Room + Private Bathroom. single bed / 1 person per room. € (EUR) per person
Terms and Conditions
Initial Deposit: € (EUR) per person – due on booking to confirm your room*
Spaces are very limited and accommodation will be assigned on a first come, first served basis.
All prices listed are per person and assume double occupancy (except for the single room). If you would like to turn a twin or double room into a single room so that you can have it for yourself (the beds will make a king size bed) please add the single supplement fee of €500 (EUR) per person for rooms with a private bathroom and and €300 (EUR) per person for rooms with a shared hallway bathroom.
For more information, click on the button “Reserve Your Place” or contact Anna at firstname.lastname@example.org
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino at 3:45pm. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to email@example.com as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.