JULY 16 – 23, 2022 | YOGA UNDER THE TUSCAN SUN – with JEN BERRES + MISTY HOMMERDING
Allow the magical essence of Tuscany to envelop you during this week-long yoga retreat.
“La dolce vita” is a delightful Italian phrase that means “the sweet life.” And after the chaos of the last couple of years we have all had, we want you to re-connect to the sweetness of life in one of the most magical places on earth… Tuscany!
This week week-long retreat will be an immersive, one-of-a-kind experience led by yoga instructors Jen Berres and Misty Hommerding.
Inhale each day with…
- Views of a sun-kissed countryside.
- Healing, peace, and connection.
- Self-discovery and empowerment.
- Adventure and new friends!
Retreat guests will have a daily schedule that includes morning meditation + pranayama, two yoga classes (morning and afternoon), 3 delicious vegetarian meals, and time during the day to either explore or relax. In addition, we have some fun planned activities: a wine tasting at a local vineyard, hands-on cooking class, bike/walking tour of Lucca, and night out in the Pietrasanta Artist village.
Participants must be 18+ to attend.
Our retreat villa, Il Borghino Estate, is nestled in the picturesque rolling hills that overlook Lucca. This Tuscan town is known for its well preserved Renaissance walls that encircle the historic city center. Il Borghino is designed to offer
a tranquil yet invigorating experience for retreat seekers around the globe. We have access to a fully-equipped yoga studio, as well as multiple outdoor spaces overlooking the serene countryside.
The retreat menu is farm-to-table vegetarian with a local cook who prepares deliciously fresh meals based on what is in season and the region’s specialties.
This retreat is open to all levels ~ no previous experience necessary. We offer daily meditation and 2 yoga practices (one active, one gentle). Yoga will be practiced outside by the pool, in the shala among the vineyards or in the indoor yoga studio. There is nothing quite like Sunrise & Sunset sessions where you can fully savor the serenity of the Tuscan countryside.
As well as all the yoga on offer, included in your retreat are a number of activities:
- A 4-hour excursion (on foot!) to a beautiful local winery including a tour and tasting
- A 3+ hour informal guided tour (walking) of Lucca including a bike ride around the walls of Lucca to explore the main attractions and refreshment stop
- A cooking class at the Villa with a local chef
- An evening adventure in the colorful artist village of Pietrasanta where you’ll find a thriving art center full of galleries, shops, and restaurants spilling onto the pavement
Participate as much or as little as you wish. This is your time, allowing space for reflection, anticipation, and magical shifts in perception as we embark on this journey together. Bring joy back into your life with the combination of new surroundings, new friends, great food and like-minded participants
Jen is a former professional dancer, who transitioned her passion for movement and wellness into the study of Yoga over 10 years ago.
Jen owns Jenstar Movement Studio in Green Bay, Wisconsin (USA) where she teaches both alignment-based Vinyasa flow and energizing barre classes. Her gift as an instructor reminds people on the mat that even when life is messy, they can still show up and make a difference for themselves and others. Jen’s zest and passion for life inspires people to step out of their comfort zone and discover what is possible. In her free time, you can find Jen spending time with her friends, family or fur-babies, traveling to a new destination, or at the cottage fishing or
paddle-boarding on the lake!
More details about Jen at jenstaryoga.com
Misty began her yoga practice in 2012 after suffering numerous sports related injuries as well as a serious car accident that left her unable to train like she once had. What started as a way to stay active and fit, quickly transformed into a way of living. Misty began teaching at Jenstar Yoga after obtaining her yoga
certification in 2016 and continues to teach at Jenstar while living in California. She enjoys teaching a mix of both Vinyasa flow as well as restorative yoga classes and believes that finding balance is key. In her free time, Misty enjoys hiking, hanging out with her husband and dog, and traveling to explore new places.
More details about Jen at jenstaryoga.com
- 7 nights at Il Borghino, including linens, towels, and free WiFi
- Transfer to/from Lucca to/from the retreat on the day of arrival and departure. There will only be one scheduled pick-up and drop-off.
- Daily meditation and two yoga practices (Vinyasa + Restorative) indoor and outdoor spaces.
- Three delicious, chef-prepared vegetarian meals per day, except for one lunch and one dinner out during planned excursions.
- Unlimited fruit, water, and herbal tea throughout the day.
- Local wine at dinner (½ bottle per person)
- 4-hour excursion to a local winery, with a tour and tasting.
- 3+hour guided walking and biking tour of Lucca. This includes a bike ride around the historic walls of Lucca and an exploration of the main attractions, and a stop for refreshments.
- A hands-on cooking class with a local chef.
- An evening adventure to Pietrasanta Artist Village, where you’ll discover a thriving art center full of galleries, shops, and restaurants.
- Access to the outdoor salt water pool and large commons area
- Celebratory pizza and Prosecco dinner from the wood-fired pizza oven on our last night
What’s Not Included?
- Airfare (option to work with our travel agent to book either your own personal itinerary or travel with some of the group leaving from WI).
- Travel insurance
- Ground transportation outside the scheduled pick-up on arrival day and drop-off on departure day *
- Gratuities and tips
- One lunch and one dinner out on planned excursions
- Any other additional meals you choose to have outside the retreat centre.
- Massage Therapy (therapist will come on-site)
- Optional activities other than those specified as included in the retreat price.
- Any additional insurance or COVID protocols required to travel from the USA to Italy and back. **Subject to change. Currently you have to be either vaccinated or test negative 48hrs before traveling both coming and going to Italy. Much of Europe is using the “vaccine passport” to dine, go to concerts, events etc. If you are not vaccinated you might not be able to participate in some of the activities depending upon the requirements at the time.
* Transfers outside the scheduled pick-up or drop-off can be arranged for an additional fee
Retreat Prices, per person
Room Type A – Shared twin room + shared hallway bathroom. (2 people per room) $2,300 (USD) per person.
Room Type B – Shared twin Room + Private bathroom. 2 single beds, (2 people per room) $2,500 (USD) per person.
Room Type C – Shared Double Room + Private Bathroom. 1 double bed, (2 people per room) $2,500 (USD) per person.
Room Type D – Single Room + Private Bathroom. 2 rooms / 2 places. 1 single bed (1 person per room) $3,100 (USD) per person.
For all inquiries email Jen@jenstaryoga.com. In your email, please indicate what type of room you would like and be specific if you are traveling with someone and wish to room together. Let us know if you want to work with our travel agent and we will get you in touch. Once your room is confirmed you will have 24hrs to make a $500 (USD) NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT which is required to hold your spot.
*Receive $100 off if you pay in full at time of booking.
Payment methods: We accept cash, check, or PayPal.
PayPal link: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/jenstaryoga
Please be sure you will be able to attend our retreat before you submit your deposit.*All deposits are non-refundable, non-transferable, and not redeemable for account credit. Payment is due in full 90 days before retreat. If you cancel before the 90-day mark, you will be issued a refund, less your $500 non-refundable deposit and a 6% transaction fee. After the 90 days, no refunds will be given unless either USA or Italy closes their borders and we are unable go.
Trip insurance is strongly recommended to protect your retreat investment if you need to cancel. Due to our commitment with the Retreat Center and their policies, we cannot offer any refunds, transfers, or credits for cancellations for any reason (including legitimate ones like illness, injury, family deaths or emergencies) within 90 days of the retreat start. There will also be no refunds or credit for failure to complete the retreat.
For more information, click on the button “Reserve Your Place” or contact Jen on firstname.lastname@example.org
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino at 3:45pm. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to email@example.com as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.