JULY 1 – 8, 2023 | ITALIAN YOGA AND WELLNESS RETREAT – with JULIE MEEK + ATHANAE LUCEV
Imagine daily nurturing yoga & mindfulness practice, in addition to farm-to-table alfresco feasting with fresh local produce and immersion into the Italian “la dolce vita” with a selection of authentic cultural + gourmet excursions and activities.
Join Julie + Athanae for a “wellness” immersion retreat with a focus on the practices that truly impact our health and well-being – moving our bodies, yoga, mindfulness and delicious food (and of course wine), all amidst the amazing history and culture of beautiful Tuscany!
Our unique retreat home for the week will be Villa Tramonte – which boasts comfortable lodging in fully restored 18th century estate, an outdoor pool, and delicious meals of farm-to-table vegetarian Tuscan cuisine — complete with local olive oil and wine. We have access to a fully-equipped yoga studio, as well as multiple outdoor spaces should we prefer to practice overlooking the valley below.
Typical Daily Program
Each day with begin with a rejuvenating and relaxing yoga class followed by energy giving juices and freshly prepared breakfast. During the day and evening we will enjoy a deep, authentic immersion into Italian culture, from Lucca’s spectacular art & architecture, to the rolling hills of Tuscany & the Mediterranean sea-side charm of Cinque Terre, to volcanic hot springs; fabulous wines and gastronomia (“the art of good eating”) throughout.
The Optional Activities
In addition to our magical stay at an authentic Tuscan home estate with landscaped gardens, outdoor pool, and a wood burning pizza oven, this wellness retreat has these amazing inclusions:
- 7 nights accommodation
- Homemade Tuscan vegetarian food and local wine for dinner
- Lucca tour with the fabulous Federico
- A day trip to the Cinque Terre
- A visit to Pietrasanta Artist Village
This retreat has been designed for you to experience a lot with great ease and with plenty of wide, open spaces in the itinerary to relax and/or explore on your own or with others. Your investment practically covers everything!
Who is this retreat for?
This retreat is OPEN TO ALL LEVELS of yoga, fitness, health and life experience. We look forward to taking this amazing journey and celebrating the practice of a healthy life with you.
About Julie Meek
Julie is passionate about creating wellness through high-performance health – and this is exactly what you will experience at one of Julie’s Wellness Retreats.
You can find more information about Julie on www.juliemeek.com.au
About Athanae Lucev
Athanae teaches Yoga and Pilates classes and retreats on the north-west coast of Tuscany and across the region, as well as in Perth and south-west WA.
Specialising in vinyasa (flow) and yin (restorative) yoga and mat Pilates with smart use of props, Athanae brings a joyful, informed, pragmatic and compassionate approach to her retreats and classes, which can be tailored to suit any age, group and level of ability. When not teaching, Athanae loves exploring new places (of which there are no shortage in Italy!), cooking, hiking and writing.
Study + Experience
Athanae completed 200-hour yoga teacher training through Power Living in Australia, mat pilates through STOTT Pilates; barre through Xtend Barre and Barre 2.0 in Perth. She also completed training in Circuit7, Fitball and myofascial release training through Xtend Barre and TRX through its accredited training providers. You can find more information about Ath on her website www.athanaelucev.com
- 7 nights accommodation (including linen and towels)
- Home made Tuscan vegetarian food created with love (3 meals/day except 1 x lunch when at Cinque Terre and 1 x dinner when at Pietrasanta Artist village) + local wine for dinner
- Healthy juice for breakfast, unlimited fruit, water and herbal teas throughout the day
- Last night celebratory dinner with Prosecco and pizza, fresh out of the wood-fired pizza oven
- Transfers to and from Lucca train or bus station to the retreat centre at the start and finish of the retreat. There will be one scheduled pick up and drop off only. Any transfers outside of this are not included.
- Use of the WIFI
- Laundry facilities for use by guests
What’s Not Included?
- Airfares (Suggested Airport Pisa)
- Travel insurance
- Airport Transfers
- Two meals out during excursions to Cinque Terre + Pietrasanta
- Other travel related expenses outside of the retreat
- Additional in-house treatments eg facials and massage
- Other optional excursions or activities not included in the retreat
Included Excursions + Activities
YOGA + meditation
Through morning yoga + meditation you will experience an elevated state of creativity and physical vitality to better enjoy Italia and all of her delights.
CINQUE TERRE Mediterranean seaside charm
An excursion to one of Italia’s Mediterranean treasures, Cinque Terre, where we will take a day trip to explore the picturesque cliff-side villages or simply chill in a
seaside cove for the day. (Includes ground transportation with a driver + entry into the national park. Lunch not included).
NUTRITION + performance + well-being
Each day, Julie will share a bite sized strategy or tactic that you can weave into your life, to enhance your personal productivity, well-being and performance.
LUCCA tour with the fabulous Federico
Coming from a noble Lucchese family. Federico’s family have strong roots in the area and he is passionate about its history, culture, art, food and wine. The tour takes in the ancient walls of Lucca pointing out places of interest through the medieval streets.
PIETRASANTA Artist village
Pietrasanta is a thriving art centre full of galleries, shops and restaurants spilling onto the pavements. Best known for its marble and bronze artistic works, Pietrasanta often hosts international art exhibitions in the local Piazza’s where we will sit over aperitivo and dinner to watch the buzz unfold. (Includes ground transportation but dinner in Pietrasanta is not included)
Your retreat investment includes almost everything and is from €2200 – €2400 depending on the accommodation type you choose (single, twin or double) – all inclusive. Upon registration, you will be given all travel information, packing list and a full itinerary.
For details, contact Julie at email@example.com
Transport Options – Getting to and from the retreat centre
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in at the retreat center is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:45pm, to coincide with the group transfer to the retreat centre at 16:00 There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to the retreat center.
- Check-out from the retreat center is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.