JUNE 8 – 15 2019 | BECOME CENTRED YOGA + ADVENTURE RETREAT IN ITALY with CAROLINE KELLEY
Going on a yoga holiday is a wonderful way of deepening your yoga practice.
Join Caroline Kelley for a week of yoga, Italian food, spectacular scenery and sightseeing and experience the “dolce vita” in Tuscany.
For seven glorious days and nights, we’ll stay in a stylish, secluded retreat with magnificent views overlooking Tuscan vineyards, olive groves, forests, and mountains. Literally meaning “small village,” our Il Borghino retreat is a short drive from the vibrant Medieval town of Lucca.
We will have exclusive use of Il Borghino, including three classical cottages with a social center, outdoor saline pool, Turkish Sauna, fully equipped indoor and outdoor Yoga spaces, and a poolside terrace for dining.
The week has been thoughtfully put together by our hosts at Il Borghino and their excellent team, who will organize our excursions and therapeutic treatments. Our amazing local cook, will prepare deliciously healthy, organic vegetarian twists on classic Italian meals.
Your week can be as active or as restful as you wish. Days will typically include two Yoga and therapeutic movement practices along with meditation and time for journaling. The week has been planned to allow for restful enjoyment of this special location, with activities to keep you entertained and excursions that will fulfill your curiosity for the surrounding area.
7:30am Yoga, mindful movement and meditation.
4pm Afternoon Yoga, mindful movement and meditation.
Two day-trips are included in the price: the first to the picturesque villages of Cinque Terre, and a day hike to a destination that The Guardian describes as, “one of the top 5 best natural swimming spots in Italy.” Make sure to bring good walking shoes. Our final night will be filled with a celebratory pizza and prosecco dinner together. (Meals are included except one lunch and dinner while out on excursion).
Other Optional Activities and excursions
Below is a sample of other optional excursions and activities available during your retreat:
- Guided bike and walking cultural tour of Lucca with a local guide – informative + fun!
- Wine tasting excursion: a scenic 3 km walk to a beautiful local winery followed by an interesting tour and tasting
- Puccini Opera in Lucca; for the opera lovers, this is a 1 hour taste of Puccini in a beautiful church
- Cooking class – learn from the best with Maria Angela, the most wonderful local cook who dishes up all our meals during the retreat
- Learn Italian with an experienced Italian teacher
About Caroline Kelley
With more than 20 years experience as a Yoga Teacher, Massage Therapist, and Pilates Instructor, Caroline founded Become Centered to offer her caring approach of modern therapeutic science and ancient Yogic wisdom to those seeking a healthy and happy lifestyle. Caroline is known for her wealth of knowledge and expertise, her intellectual and intuitive understanding of the body, her genuine interest in people’s well-being, and her lighthearted sense of humor.
Study + Experience
Caroline’s Yoga journey started in 1992. She received her first 500-hour certification from The British Wheel of Yoga in 2000, with two exceptional mentors who trained directly with B.K.S. Iyengar. Following this, she traveled to India for six months of extensive studies in Mysore.
Upon moving to the U.S. in 2005, she studied with Richard Freeman, a renowned Ashtanga Yoga Teacher, whose wisdom and teaching style immediately resonated with her. In 2007, she moved to Boulder Colorado to continue studying with Richard five days a week at the Yoga Workshop. Since 2009, Caroline has continued to take a combination of Richard and his wife Mary’s 200-hour and week-long immersions almost every year.
Massage + Pilates
Caroline received her Thai Massage certification in Thailand in 2004 and later completed a 1000-hour Massage Therapy certification through Boulder College of Massage Therapy. She continues to expand her studies under the mentor-ship of San Francisco Physical Therapist Harvey Deutch. She also earned her Pilates Mat Certification in 2015 and applies this science when working with clients in private settings, and to complement the asanas in her Yoga classes and massage therapy.
More details about Caroline on www.becomecentered.com
Retreat Prices, per person
- Room Type 1 – Twin room + shared hallway bathroom. (2 guests per room) $2200 USD per person. Add 300 USD if you wish to convert this room for use as a private room for one person. You will still be sharing a hallway bathroom.
- Room Type 2 – Twin room + private bathroom (2 guests per room). Best suited to friends. $2400 USD per person
- Room Type 3 – Double (Queen) bed + private bathroom. (2 guests per room) Best suited to a couple . $2400 USD per person
- Room Type 4 – Single Room + Private Bathroom. (1 guest per room). $2600 USD per person (Limited availability)
Please note that private bathrooms can be located outside the bedroom a few meters away.
Terms and Conditions
A $750 deposit is required for registration and secures your place. All payments are non-refundable. Thank you for your understanding.
For more information, click on the button “Reserve Your Place” or contact Caroline at email@example.com
- Seven nights of accommodation (Saturday to Saturday)
- Day trip to Cinque Terre villages. (transport only)
- Waterfall Hike with Guide.
- Two extended Yoga, therapeutic movement, and meditation practices each day. (The practice schedule is slightly different on the day we go to Cinque Terre.)
- Yoga mats and props
- Three Delicious vegetarian meals each day. (except lunch on trip days and one evening meal).
- Fresh detox fruit / vegetable juice at breakfast
- Local organic wine with evening meals. (1/2 bottle per person, per night)
- Last night celebrations with Prosecco and Pizza using Il Borghino’s wood fire oven.
- Unlimited fruit, water, and herbal tea throughout the day.
- Outdoor salt-water pool and large communal living areas
- One complimentary use of the villa’s Turkish Sauna/Steam Room.
- Transfer from/to Lucca to/from the retreat centre on the day of arrival and departure (one scheduled pick-up and drop-off only)
- Laundry facilities., pool towels and hair dryers
- Free Wi-fi
- Tourist tax
What’s Not Included?
- Airfare from/to your home city
- Travel insurance
- Ground transportation outside the scheduled pick-up on arrival day and drop-off on departure day *
- One lunch, one dinner, and any other additional meals
- Optional activities other than those specified as included in the retreat price
- Other travel-related expenses
* Transfers outside the scheduled pick-up or drop-off can be arranged for an additional fee
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino at 3:45pm. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.