MAY 4 – 11, 2019 | SPRING YOGA RETREAT IN TUSCANY with EMILIE AMSTUTZ
Emilie guides experiences that help you connect the outer world to your inner world so that you can function better in both. Whether you’re moving your body in a yoga class, finding moments of wonder in meditation, or stepping out of your routine to go on an adventure, Emilie invites you to discover the extraordinary in your life. It’s everywhere.
Awaken to Spring in Tuscany! Spend 7 days and 7 nights at our very own private estate located just outside the beautiful medieval town of Lucca – just 30 minutes from Pisa Airport.
Our retreat home for the week will be Il Borghino, a beautiful estate that has been restored to provide elegant comfortable living in authentic Tuscan style. Wood beamed ceilings, stone, terracotta, marble – each bedroom has a gorgeous view of the Tuscan countryside. The estate is booked solely for our group of travelers and includes an outdoor salt-water pool, large communal living areas, a steam room and much more
Il Borghino, meaning “little village,” is a secluded hill-top villa overlooking vineyards, olive groves, and forests with views of mountains in the distance. The villa boasts an outdoor pool, a beautiful indoor yoga studio with props and mats for practice, and outdoor terraces for yoga overlooking the hills and olive groves.
We have access to a fully-equipped yoga studio with Manduka mats, bolsters, blankets and straps as well as a stunning outdoor yoga shala set amongst vineyards and olive trees. With incredible views to the surrounding country side and the valley below, this is the perfect space to practice our sunset restorative yoga sessions.
Our cook will serve 3 vegetarian meals per day, including fresh fruit juice at breakfast, local seasonal specialties including breads, pasta, cheeses, and local wine at dinner. There is a wood-fired pizza oven which we make use of during the retreat, and a gorgeous outdoor terrace with panoramic views for al fresco dining. Tea and coffee making facilities for use outside of mealtimes.
We’ll take a day trip to Cinque Terre, the five coastal villages embedded in rocky cliffs along one of Italy’s most scenic stretches of Liguria. Hike, walk or climb between these beautiful villages and enjoy some spectacular scenery along the way. Or walk some of the more gentle trails, spend time swimming, exploring the villages. Enjoy lunch on your own that day and sample some of the local delights.
There will also be plenty of free time to walk the hills surrounding Il Borghino or lounge by the salt-water pool on the property. Or enjoy any of the optional activities available, such as a bike and walking cultural tour of Lucca, a cooking class, a visit to a nearby thermal spa, or take in a Puccini opera in Lucca. Massage therapists are also available for therapeutic treatments.
About Emilie Amstuz
Emilie inspires her students to find the extraordinary moments in everyday experiences by fully engaging with each other and the world around us. She sees yoga and meditation as tools to help us actively participate in our daily life—and that it’s so much better when we do it together. Community is the cornerstone of Emilie’s mission and in 2014, Emilie opened Borealis Community Yoga in Medford, MA.
Study + Experience
Emilie’s classes invite students to connect to each other and to the many aspects that live within us. Her highest priority is respect for the body and it’s magical make-up of physical and emotional energies that allow us to be in this human experience. She draws from a number of yoga styles including Kripalu, yin, and Yoga of Energy Flow. She credits her fellow teachers and students at Borealis, and her mentors Coby Kozlowsky, Priti Robyn Ross, Lorin Roche, and Stephanie Marango as constant sources of inspiration. Find her at www.emilieyoga.com.
- 7 nights accommodation at the villa, linens and towels
- 3 delicious vegetarian meals daily, except for one lunch out and one dinner out
- Daily yoga practice and use of yoga room, yoga mats, blocks, blankets, belts, and bolsters, plus additional yoga mats for use outdoors
- Day Trip to Cinque Terre
- Fresh detox fruit / vegetable juice at breakfast
- Local wine at dinner (1/2 bottle per person, per night)
- Unlimited fruit, water, and herbal tea throughout the day
- Outdoor salt-water pool and large common areas
- Turkish Sauna / Steam room (first session free, €70 per session after that)
- Pool Towel, Hair dryers and use of laundry facilities
- Free Wi-fi
- Transfer from/to Lucca to/from the retreat centre on the day of arrival and departure (one scheduled pick-up and drop-off only). Transfers outside of the scheduled pick-up and drop off are not included.
- Tourist tax
What’s Not Included?
- Airfare and transportation to Lucca
- Travel insurance
- One lunch and one dinner out on excursions
- Optional activities other than those specified as included in the retreat price
- Ground transportation outside the scheduled pick-up on arrival day and drop-off on departure day *
- Other travel-related expenses
* Transfers outside the scheduled pick-up or drop-off can be arranged for an additional fee
Retreat Prices, per person
Bring a friend and each receive a discount of $100 USD per person
Room Type 1 – 2 single beds with shared hallway bathroom $2,199 per person
Room Type 2 – 2 single beds with private bathroom $2,399 per person
Room Type 3 – Couple’s room (double bed) with private bathroom $2,399 per person
Room Type 4 – Single room with private bathroom $2,599 – SOLD OUT!
Note: Not all bathrooms are ensuite. Some are outside the room but are for use only by that room.
Terms and Conditions
Pay in full and get $200 off! A $500 deposit reserves your spot. Second payment of $1,000 due November 1st. Final Balance Due March 1st, 2019. Deposit is non-refundable. If you paid in full and need to cancel before January 1st, 2019, we will refund you all payments outside of the deposit and a 6% transaction fee. Refunds will be considered if there is a person to take your spot, minus the deposit and a 6% transaction fee.
For more information, click on the button “Reserve Your Place” or contact Emilie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Initial deposit is non-refundable. Travel insurance is recommended.
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino at 3:45pm. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to email@example.com as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.