MAY 1 – 8, 2020 | ALIVE WITH YOGA, A TUSCANY ADVENTURE – with CATHY DALEY
Join Cathy Daley and like-minded people for an immersion into “La Dolce Vita” – the sweet life – in the Tuscan countryside.
For the entire week of our Yoga Adventure, we’ll stay in an authentic, secluded 17th century villa with breathtaking views overlooking Tuscan vineyards, olive groves, forests, and mountains, just outside the beautiful medieval town of Lucca
We will have private use of the estate, including three Tuscany cottages with a social center, outdoor saline pool, Turkish Sauna, fully equipped indoor and outdoor Yoga spaces, and a poolside terrace for dining.
You’ll have plenty of time each day to explore the local villages – by foot or by bike, stroll to a centuries-old winery on the “Strata del Vino” (the wine road), take a Tuscan cooking class, receive a massage at the spa, or simply unwind by the salt-water pool. Together the group could take a daylong excursion to Cinque Terre, The Italian Riviera.
Relax in the comfort of the Tuscany countryside all while immersing yourself in yoga and self-healing. Enjoy local, culinary wonders prepared by our personal chef and served in the traditional family style.
This trip will make memories that last a lifetime!
Our retreat home for the week will be Il Borghino – which boasts comfortable lodging in four beautifully-renovated buildings, an outdoor salt-water pool, and delicious meals of farm-to-table vegetarian Tuscan cuisine — complete with local olive oil and wine. We have access to a fully-equipped yoga studio, as well as multiple outdoor spaces should we prefer to practice overlooking the valley below.
Day Trip to Cinque Terre
We may include in our vacation a day trip to the breathtaking Cinque Terre. These five coastal villages are embedded in rocky cliffs along one of Italy’s most scenic stretches. For those who are hikers, it is possible to spend a day walking and climbing between these beautiful villages and enjoy the spectacular scenery along the way. For others, you can still enjoy walking the more gentle trails, spend time swimming at the beach, exploring the villages, and sampling some of the local delights.
Local Tuscan Wine Tasting Trip
Also included is a wine tasting excursion to a bio-dynamic winery. We go by foot along the “Strada del Vino” (The Wine Road) to take in the beautiful scenery. After a tour of the winery and gardens, we taste their excellent wines. The estate also produces olive oil, honey, and pasta.
Biking or walking tours of Lucca and the surrounding area, a Tuscan cooking class, the Puccini Opera in Lucca, a night on the town to Pietrasanta Artists Village, Italian language lessons and cooking classes, shopping excursions, massages and holistic treatments at the spa, and more.
Sample Schedule (subject to change):
Day 1: Vacation begins at 4 pm. Late afternoon yoga, welcome dinner.
Day 2: Morning yoga. Free time to relax by the pool, get a massage or explore the Tuscan countryside by foot or bike. Afternoon yoga.
Day 3: Morning yoga. Option to do a guided tour of Lucca or free time to relax by the pool, get a massage, or explore the Tuscan countryside by foot or bike.
Day 4: Morning yoga. Walk to a nearby vineyard, including wine tasting & private vineyard tour.
Day 5: All day excursion to Cinque Terre. Lunch out. Late dinner at the Villa.
Day 6: Morning yoga session. Early afternoon yoga class. Optional night on the town in Pietrasanta Artist Village + dinner out (5:30-11: 30 pm)
Day 7: Morning yoga. Free time. Final evening dinner party – Wood Fired Pizza and Prosecco!
Day 8: Breakfast and arrivederci at 9:30 am!
About Cathy Daley
Cathy brings a unique background to her teaching of yoga. She has been teaching yoga since 2007 and has been certified as a Professional Yoga Therapist since 2010. She is the founder of Alive With Yoga, a yoga studio in Sarasota, Florida. She is also a practicing yoga therapist specializing in orthopedic problems, chronic pain, and stress-related problems.
Cathy’s goal is to make the healing powers of yoga accessible to people of all levels and abilities. She believes that the ability to slow down and stay present is an important aspect of healing, and yoga, in particular, encourages a mindful state that can help people heal both emotionally and spiritually as well as physically. Cathy has created a unique teaching style and she teaches many workshops.
- International Association of Yoga Therapists
- Yoga Alliance
Cathy is trained and registered as a Professional Yoga Therapist through Integrative Yoga Therapy Institute. (500 hrs of Integrative Yoga Therapy. 200 hrs Kripalu/Hatha Method). Also registered as a Certified Yoga Therapist through International Association of Yoga Therapists.
More details about Cathy on www.alivewithyoga.com
- 8 days, 7 nights accommodation at a 17th-century villa
- Daily yoga classes (most days, optional)
- Delicious, organic meals prepared daily by our own personal chef. (7 breakfasts, 5 lunches, and 6 dinners – plan to have one lunch and one dinner out)
- Unlimited fruit, water, and herbal tea throughout the day
- Local, organic wine from the villa’s own grapes at dinner (1/2 bottle per person, per night)
- Free wifi access
- Italian Prosecco and wood-fired pizza for last night dinner party
- Historic, local vineyard tour, and wine tasting
- Free round trip shuttle to/from the retreat center and Lucca
- Tourist Tax
For more information, click on the button “Reserve Your Place” or contact Cathy at email@example.com
What’s Not Included?
- International airfare
- Transportation to Lucca
- Applicable Tourist Visas
- Travel Insurance; highly recommended
- Airport taxes
- Airport transfers
- Tips or gratuities
- Optional excursions, tours, admissions, massage.
Terms and Conditions
Pay in full and get $200 off! A $500 deposit reserves your spot. The second payment of $1,000 due October 1st, 2019. Final Balance Due Feb 1st, 2020. Initial deposit is non-refundable. If you paid in full and need to cancel before February 1st, 2020, we will refund you all payments outside of the deposit and a 6% transaction fee. Refunds will be considered if there is a person to take your spot, minus the deposit and a 6% transaction fee.
Initial deposit is non-refundable. Travel insurance is recommended.
Retreat Prices, per person
THIS IS A PREMIER YOGA ADVENTURE- from the accommodations to the food, drink, and activities planned. It is reasonably priced due to the cost of traveling to Italy. This all-inclusive experience will be unforgettable fun and you will be well taken care of.
Room Type A* – $2295 USD pp
Twin Room with Shared Bathroom (Two twin beds or one king bed – 2 rooms available – 1 bath shared by 4)
Room Type B* – $2495 USD pp
Twin Room with Private Bathroom (Two single beds or King/Queen Bed – 4 rooms available)
*Room Types A & B can be converted to single occupancy for an additional fee. Please inquire for pricing.
Room Type C – $2495 USD pp
Double room with Private Bathroom for a Couple (only 2 rooms available)
Room Type D – $2695 USD pp
Single Room with Private Bath (Only 2 rooms available)
Note: Not all bathrooms are in the suite. Some are outside the room, but only for that room.
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino at 3:45pm. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.