OCTOBER 1 – 8, 2022 | LA DOLCE VITA: YOGA RETREAT IN TUSCANY WITH COURTNEY CHASE
Join Courtney for a week of La Dolce Vita, which means “the sweet life”. The week will be filled with yoga, exploration, delicious food & wine and relaxation in the idyllic Tuscan countryside of Italy.
Literally meaning “small village”, Il Borghino offers a secluded retreat center set in a hill top position with magnificent views overlooking forests, vineyards, olive groves and mountains in the distance. Built with wood beamed ceilings, stone, terracotta and marble – each bedroom has a gorgeous view of the Tuscan countryside. The estate is booked solely for our group of travelers and includes an outdoor salt-water pool, large communal living areas, a steam room and much more.
The centre is ideally located 15 minutes from Lucca, 35 minutes from Pisa, 1.5 hrs from Florence and 1.5 hrs from the breathtaking Cinque Terre region, making it the perfect base to explore Tuscany and Liguria.
You will nourish mind, body & soul during this very special retreat in Italy! We will offer two yoga classes a day with the exception of Wednesday which is set aside for an all day adventure for the whole group. You can expect the morning class to be a more active vinyasa style class with alignment focused work and the afternoon class to be a more gentle, restorative & yin style class with plenty of pranayama.
We have access to a fully-equipped yoga studio with Manduka mats, bolsters, blankets and straps as well as a stunning outdoor yoga shala set amongst vineyards and olive trees. With incredible views to the surrounding country side and the valley below, this is the perfect space to practice our sunset restorative yoga sessions.
There are also plenty of optional excursions and activities available during your retreat – you can sign up when you arrive! Some examples include an all day excursion to the breathtaking Cinque Terre region, a wine tasting excursion, a fun a bike & walking cultural tour of Lucca, a night at the opera (Puccini was born in Lucca), a Tuscan cooking class and more! For our adventurers who enjoy being solo, you will have as much free-time as your heart desires to lounge by the pool, journal, and explore on your own.
About Courtney Chase
Owner Sky Yoga & Wellness and O Yoga
RYT-200, Trimurti Yoga in Dharamsala, India
Courtney is experienced in leading the gentle practices of yin & restorative, more powerful practices including vinyasa, ashtanga & sivananda, and meditation. She is known for her ability to help guide students to dive deeper into their practice and find awareness on and off their mats.
Daily yoga including use of yoga room, yoga mats, blocks, blankets, belts, and bolsters, plus additional yoga mats for use outdoors.
- 7 nights’ accommodation at villa, linens and towels
- 3 delicious vegetarian meals daily, except for one lunch and one dinner out.
- Fresh detox fruit / vegetable juice at breakfast
- Local wine at dinner (1/2 bottle per person, per night)
- Unlimited fruit, water, and herbal tea throughout the day
- Last night celebratory dinner with Prosecco and Pizza using the wood-fired pizza over at Il Borghino
- Transfer from/to Lucca to/from the retreat centre on the day of arrival and departure (one scheduled pick-up and drop-off only).
- Outdoor salt-water pool and large communal living areas
- Pool Towels, Hair dryers and laundry facilities
- Free Wi-fi
- Tourist tax
What’s Not Included?
- Travel Insurance
- Airport transfers or transfers outside the scheduled pick-up and drop-off*
- One lunch and one dinner out during excursions.
- Optional activities other than those specified as included in the retreat price
- Optional massages and holistic treatments
- Other travel related expenses
- Gratuities you might like to offer drivers, guides and center staff
- Transfers outside the scheduled pick-up or drop-off can be arranged for an additional fee
* Transfers outside the scheduled pick-up or drop-off can be arranged for an additional fee
Retreat Prices, per person
Room Type 1: Single Room + shared bathroom with one other single room. (1 guest per room)
$TBA USD per person
Room Type 2: Twin room / 2 single beds + private bathroom (2 guests per room, beds can be converted to double bed for couples)
$$TBA USD per person
Room Type 3: Twin room / Double bed + private bathroom (2 guests per room – best suited to couples)
$$TBA USD per person
Room Type 4: Single Room + Private Bathroom (1 guest per room)
$$TBA per person
Terms and Conditions
A $650 non-refundable deposit per person is required to reserve a space.
*Please note: for shared occupancy rooms, you can let us know your roommate(s) selection or we can assign one for you.
For more information, click on the button “Reserve Your Place”.
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino at 3:45pm. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.