OCTOBER 13 – 20, 2018 | TUSCANY DREAM VACATION with CHERYL SHILLINGTON
Discover Your SELF ~::~ Inspire Your SPIRIT ~::~ Elevate Your MOOD ~::~ Foster CLARITY
Mmm….the Sweet Life in Italy. Imagine it now – arriving at Il Borghino, a 4-building meticulously restored country estate positioned on a hill top with magnificent views of the region. Waking up to panoramic views of olive groves, vineyards, forests, and distant mountains.
Easing out of bed and heading to the yoga studio to gently move body with an early morning stretch. Meandering to breakfast and being served locally sourced farm to table offerings, freshly made fruit and vegetable juices, coffee and organic teas. Preparing for the day in spacious Tuscan style surroundings. Deciding to either participate in the activity planned for the day or relax at the estate.
Included in the price of this trip are 5 specially selected activities to give us a taste and experience of the region:- an evening out in Pietrasanta, a guided bike & walking tour of Lucca, a walking & wine excursion, a cooking class, and a day trip to the incredible Cinque Terre.
Our final night will be filled with a celebratory pizza and prosecco dinner together. (Meals are included except one lunch and dinner while out on excursion). These activities will take approximately 3-4 hours, except the full day in Cinque Terry which is 8-hour outing. Please note there is additional free time in which you may choose to participate in other optional other activities, spa treatments or do nothing but soak up life at Il Borghino.
Our days round out with a late lunch, an afternoon yoga stretch to relax the body, followed by a freshly made regional meal served with local wine and al fresco dining (weather permitting).
We have access to a fully-equipped yoga studio with Manduka mats, bolsters, blankets and straps as well as a stunning outdoor yoga shala set amongst vineyards and olive trees. With incredible views to the surrounding country side and the valley below, this is the perfect space to practice our sunset restorative yoga sessions.
Our retreat home for the week will be Il Borghino, a beautiful estate that has been restored to provide elegant comfortable living in authentic Tuscan style. Wood beamed ceilings, stone, terracotta, marble – each bedroom has a gorgeous view of the Tuscan countryside. The estate is booked solely for our group of travelers and includes an outdoor salt-water pool, large communal living areas, a steam room and much more.
Mmm…the sweet life is calling!
About Cheryl Shillington
Cheryl is the owner and primary instructor of Yoga Glow Studio. She is a graduate of both the University of Western Ontario and Windsor University and has a degree in Social Work. She obtained her first 500 hour yoga teacher training in 2006 after nearly 9 years of personal practice. Later, in 2012 she received permission directly from Swami Vivekananda Saraswati to lead students in practice. She is honored to share her 20+ years of experience with her students. She is insightful and combines her knowledge of yoga, social work and rehab; inspiring students on their path.
Study + Experience
Cheryl has studied and practiced Mindfulness, Ashtanga, Sivananda & Agama and weaves these into her classes.
Beyond the studio, she leads retreats internationally and teaches mindfulness courses. She takes her classes out into the community presenting at wellness workshops and community events.
Cheryl recognizes that each body brings a unique story to the mat. She often works with people individually to address their unique needs. Yoga can be adapted for any body. Postures are only one part of the practice. The full practice combines 8 limbs including moral & ethical guidelines, postures, breath work, mastery over the external influences, concentration and meditation leading to transcendence. Practice opens a doorway, allowing you to experience a deeper connection with yourself. She hopes that your sadhana (your practice) creates an awareness that what you are looking for is already inside of you.
More details about Cheryl www.yogaglowstudio.com
- 2 Daily Yoga Practices with Cheryl including use of yoga room, yoga mats, blocks, blankets, belts, and bolsters, plus additional yoga mats for use outdoors
- 7 nights’ accommodation at villa, linens and towels
- 3 delicious vegetarian meals daily, except for one lunch out on Wednesday in the Cinque Terre and one dinner out in Pietrasanta on a day to be decided.
- Day Trip to Cinque Terre UNESCO world heritage site (full day)
- Wine tasting and walking excursion to winery (3-4 hours)
- A night exploring at Piestrasanta, a lively artist village (please bring money for food)
- Bike and Walking tour of Lucca, a medieval walled town (3-4 hours)
- Italian Cooking Class (2-3 hours)
- Fresh detox fruit / vegetable juice at breakfast
- Local wine at dinner (1/2 bottle per person, per night)
- Unlimited fruit, water, and herbal tea throughout the day.
- Transfer from/to Lucca to/from the retreat centre on the day of arrival and departure (one scheduled pick-up and drop-off only).
- Outdoor salt-water pool and large communal living areas
- Use of the steam room / sauna (first session free, thereafter €70 per session)
- Pool Towels, Hair dryers and laundry facilities
- Free Wi-fi
- Tourist tax
What’s Not Included?
- Airfare from/to your home city
- Travel insurance
- Ground transportation outside the scheduled pick-up on arrival day and drop-off on departure day *
- One lunch, one dinner, and any other additional meals
- Optional activities other than those specified as included in the retreat price
- Other travel-related expenses
* Transfers outside the scheduled pick-up or drop-off can be arranged for an additional fee
Retreat Prices, per person
Room Type 1 – Twin room + shared hallway bathroom. (2 guests per room) €1775 (EUR) per person
Room Type 2 – Twin room + private bathroom (2 guests per room) This room can be converted to King Bed for a couple €1875 (EUR) per person
Room Type 3 – Double bed + private bathroom. (2 guests per room – best suited to a couple) . €1875 (EUR) per person.
Room Type 4 – Private Room (single bed)+ Private Bathroom. (1 guest per room). €1995 (EUR) per person
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT – 100 EUROS OFF IF YOU BOOK before DECEMBER 15,2017.
Terms and Conditions
A €300 (EUR) DEPOSIT reserves your spot, please indicate what type of room you would like. Once we receive your reservation, we will email you a confirmation along with more trip details. The second installment is due by March 15 (50 % of remaining) and the Final installment is due by August 13, 2018 (100% paid).
For more information, click on the button “Reserve Your Place” or contact Cheryl at firstname.lastname@example.org
Initial deposit is non-refundable. Please obtain travel insurance should your health prevent you from participating. The deposit will hold your spot on the understanding you will make 2 more payments.
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino at 3:45pm. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to email@example.com as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.