OCTOBER 6 – 13, 2018 | YOGA in TUSCANY with KAREN DEVANEY
Tuscany’s relaxed pace gives you permission to reconnect with your inner passions, to heal, to meet new friends and to simply be. This retreat will encourage you to explore your creativity and re-discover your unique journey towards wholeness.
Picture a pink and purple sunset over the lush Tuscan valley, sipping wine as you head to a scrumptious vegetarian dinner farm to fork style. This is after a day of yoga and Pilates, breathtaking views, and strolls through quaint streets that are embraced by the warm Italian culture.
Join Karen Devaney in October this year to decompress, leave the bustle of life behind and to breathe in the beauty that surrounds you. October brings the flavors of fall and the harvest of traditional Tuscan favorites from chestnuts to truffles. You can wind your way through the quintessential cobblestone village of Lucca or head for a hike in the stunning Cinque Terre.
Tuscany’s relaxed pace permits you to reconnect with your inner passions, to recover, to meet new friends and to just be. With the healing powers of yoga and meditation, this retreat will reinvigorate your mind and body and encourage you to explore your creativity to re-discovering your unique journey towards wholeness.
Who Can Come On This Retreat:
Everyone! This retreat is for all levels whether you have been doing yoga for years or just stepped on your mat for the first time, all are welcome to discover, to unplug, and to be one with nature. If you have an injury your nursing, bring it along and give it some tender Italian care, your body will thank you for it! Through the breath and the sweet air of Tuscany, anything is possible.
What To Expect:
To prepare you for the day, we will offer vibrant slow flow with breath followed by a short meditation to begin your day. Enjoy breakfast, and perhaps a nature walk around the area or an optional excursion.
The early evenings we’ll offer flow yoga which links the ancient asana and breath creating an energic flow to open and heal your body with. Flow will both inspire and relax you before the evening meal and sipping wine as you gaze at the gorgeous setting sun.
You will be in a gorgeous farmhouse, Il Borghino, fed mouthwatering organic meals, sleep in rooms filled with Tuscan style decor, have access to a saltwater pool, a Turkish sauna and have the opportunity to treat yourself to a healing massage.
Included Excursions and Activities
Included in your retreat price are a careful selection of excursions and activities to give you a real taste of la dolce vita!
- An informal bike and walking tour of Lucca with a local guide (3 – 4 hrs.)
- A wine tasting excursion (3-4 hrs.) Includes a scenic 3km walk (each way) to a beautiful local winery, followed by an interesting tour and a tasting.
- Spend the day exploring the breath-taking Cinque Terre Region, walking and hiking between the 5 spectacular coastal villages (full day).
- A 3O Minute introduction to African Inspired Dance: This class will motivate your inner dancer with the sultry sounds of the African Djembe. You will also learn an old West African welcome chant! (No experience needed). The old Zimbabwe Proverb says “If you can talk you can sing. if you can walk you can dance.”
Other Optional Excursions
Throughout the week, there will also be plenty of time to join other optional excursions such as:
- An excursion to the lively artist’s village of Pietrasanta, a thriving art center full of galleries, shops & colorful restaurants spilling onto the pavements. A van or bus with a private driver can be booked if there is enough interest. Prices vary depending on numbers.
- A visit a Thermal Spa and bathe in the healing waters. This is a 4-hour excursion best suited for the cooler months. Spa entry costs €40 per person and includes entry into the thermal pools (indoors and outdoors), sauna and hire of bathrobe, slippers and bathing cap.
About Karen Devaney
Karen is a fully certified yoga instructor and worked as a registered nurse before turning to yoga and the arts; she holds an MFA in Creative Writing and a 500 hour yoga certification. As a type I diabetic, Karen discovered health and wellness as a young woman, which influenced both of her daughters who she raised in Northern California. She has published articles on health and wellness as well as children’s stories, novels, and plays. “When I discovered yoga, I felt as if I found freedom.” Karen has given many health, wellness, and creative workshops. From partner yoga to African infused movement and dance, to creative writing and theatre classes.
Along with their passion for well-being and movement, Karen is an accomplished writers and loves to offer others the opportunity to find their inner voice through the written word. She is passionate about helping others discover their strengths so that they can feel happy and free in mind, body, and soul. Karen also loves to laugh, drink wine, and share stories while spending time getting to know new friends.
More details about Karen on www.karendevaney.net
- Twice daily Yoga / Meditation with Karen including use of yoga room, yoga mats, blocks, blankets, belts, and bolsters, plus additional yoga mats for use outdoors
- 3 excursions: A tour of Lucca tour on bike and foot, day trip the Cinque Terre, a wine tour & tasting
- 1 African Dance workshops for beginners!
- 7 nights’ accommodation at villa, linens and towels
- 3 delicious vegetarian meals daily, except for one lunch out on Wednesday and one dinner out on a day to be decided. On these days, guests are free to explore on their own or choosing an optional excursions.
- Fresh detox fruit / vegetable juice at breakfast
- Local wine at dinner (1/2 bottle per person, per night)
- Unlimited fruit, water, and herbal tea throughout the day.
- Transfer from/to Lucca to/from the retreat centre on the day of arrival and departure (one scheduled pick-up and drop-off only). transfers outside of the scheduled pick-up and drop off are not included.
- Outdoor salt-water pool and large common areas
- Steam room / sauna (first session free, thereafter €70 per session)
- Pool Towels, Hair dryers and use of laundry facilities
- Free Wi-fi
- Tourist tax
What’s Not Included?
- Airfare from/to your home city
- Travel insurance
- Ground transportation outside the scheduled pick-up on arrival day and drop-off on departure day *
- One lunch, one dinner, and any other additional meals you take outside the retreat centre
- Optional activities other than those specified as included in the retreat price
- Other travel-related expenses
* Transfers outside the scheduled pick-up or drop-off can be arranged for an additional fee
The retreat pricing includes meals, accommodation, daily yoga classes, three excursions, African dance workshop, use of all yoga facilities and retreat concierge services. The prices quoted are per person per week and are inclusive of VAT and all taxes.
Early bird pricing ends June 30th 2018.
Room Type 1 – Twin room (two single beds) with shared hallway bathroom. Early Bird Special $1700 USD by June 30th / Regular Price $1900 USD
Room Type 2 – Twin room (two single beds) with private bathroom. Early Bird Special $1950 USD by June 30th / Regular Price $2150 USD
Room Type 3 – Double bed room with private bath. Early Bird Special $1950 USD by June 30th / Regular Price $2150 USD
Room Type 4 – Single Room with private bath. Early Bird Special $2200 USD by June 30th / Regular Price $2450 USD
Terms and Conditions
We have set up a PayPal account that is safe and secure and the best way to pay for your retreat, with a guarantee that your information is private. PayPal works as a receipt for you and is a great way to keep track of your payments. We do not accept cash. If you aren’t comfortable using PayPal, please contact Karen Devaney for information about other payment options. email@example.com. Phone: 916.370.440
To make this affordable for everyone, you can make four installments for your retreat. Five Hundred upfront, then the rest is divided into three simple payment.
Divided Payment Options
- If paying for your retreat all at once is too taxing, no problem we have several pay options. If you secure at least half of the early bird price before the deadline date, you have two months to complete the rest of your payment, which can be made in two installments. Please note, there is a no refund for the deposit of the first installment.
- If you miss the early bird deadline, you can divide your payments into either two or three installments. Due dates are as followed: June 15th, July 15th, August 15. Your first payment is non refundable.
Karen doesn’t like turning people away who really really want to go, but perhaps those payment dates don’t quite align with your budget. Email mes, and let’s see what we can work out. Where there is a will there’s a way!
For more information, click on the button “Reserve your Place” or contact Karen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino at 3:45pm. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to email@example.com as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.