OCTOBER 19 – 26, 2019 | TUSCANY YOGA HOLIDAY with KIMBERLY WHARTON
Our retreats and adventures offer much more than a touristy vacation. They offer an intimate experience of the landscapes and cultures of some of the world’s most sought-after destinations, with the practice of yoga as our guide. www.oneyogaglobal.com
Join Kimberly Wharton for a week of “La Dolce Vita!” in one of Tuscany’s most charming Renaissance regions.
Just 15 minutes from Lucca, our secluded hilltop retreat center will be our own personal “small village” overlooking the forests, vineyards, olive groves and mountains. We’ll have exclusive use of 3 separate houses with rooms furnished in local Tuscan style, picturesque scenes from every window, and a communal area with outdoor terrace and panoramic views. We’ll have use of several indoor and outdoor yoga spaces, a salt-water swimming pool, and even a Turkish sauna. Vegetarian group meals will be prepared by our own private chef featuring regional specialties using local organic ingredients.
The charming town of Lucca is nestled in a lush valley just northwest of Florence, its charming medieval architecture connecting visitors to its rich layers of history and many enchanting legends and tales. We’ll bike through the village, enjoy a Puccini opera together and visit a famous and restored thermal spa … and, of course, our adventure will include a visit to a local winery and the option of a Tuscan cooking class.
The Tuscany region is a perfectly magical backdrop for an immersive cultural and yoga experience. Please reserve soon – space is limited.
We have access to a fully-equipped yoga studio with Manduka mats, bolsters, blankets and straps as well as a stunning outdoor yoga shala set amongst vineyards and olive trees. With incredible views to the surrounding country side and the valley below, this is the perfect space to practice our sunset restorative yoga sessions.
Your retreat begins in Lucca, Italy where we will meet and transport the group to Il Borghino, your home for the week. A supportive yoga class will be followed by a chef prepared welcome dinner overlooking the luxurious pool and gardens. Your next days will have daily classes with Kimberly, a biking / walking tour of the colorful city and countryside, an evening at the enchanting Puccini opera (Lucca is the proud birthplace of Puccini), a visit to a local bio organic winery, plus an afternoon at a thermal spa complete with light lunch.
During your free time you may choose to just relax and reflect, schedule a massage, learn to make homemade gnocchi at the villa, explore the medieval architecture of Lucca while sipping coffee in the Piazza.
Our retreat home for the week will be Il Borghino, a beautiful estate that has been restored to provide elegant comfortable living in authentic Tuscan style. Wood beamed ceilings, stone, terracotta, marble – each bedroom has a gorgeous view of the Tuscan countryside. The estate is booked solely for our group of travelers and includes an outdoor salt-water pool, large communal living areas, a steam room and much more.
About Kimberly Wharton E-RYT 500
Kimberly began her teaching journey in 2002, after her 200hr training in NYC in ISHTA Yoga (Integrated Science of Hatha, Tantra and Ayurveda) with Alan Finger. After relocating to Los Angeles, Kimberly was named in Backstage Magazine’s ‘Best of L.A.’ under favorite yoga class.
While in Los Angeles, Kimberly had the opportunity to teach for Team Survivor, a non-profit organization providing free healing modules for women living with cancer, and continues similar work here at Cancer Rehab Austin.
Study + Experience
She has studied and completed further tainings with with Kia Miller (Yoga Works techniques), Jillian Pransky (Restoratives), Judith Lasater (Restoratives), and Jasmine Lieb (Therapeutics), where she discovered the amazing healing abilities of yoga. She is continually expanding her knowledge, having the opportunity to learn from Leslie Kaminof, Max Strom, Gary Kraftsow, Shari Goodhartz (Anusara inspired), and Dr. Richard Miller
She holds a lighthearted space, focusing on breath, alignment, and self inquiry. Kimberly has taught nearly 3,000 classes for Yoga Yoga. Kimberly holds a BFA in Musical Theater and a Modern Dance Minor from the Boston Conservatory.
More details about Kimberly on www.kimberlywharton.com
- Daily yoga with Kimberly including use of yoga room, yoga mats, blocks, blankets, belts, and bolsters, plus additional yoga mats for use outdoors
- 7 nights’ accommodation at villa, linens and towels
- 3 delicious vegetarian meals daily, except for one lunch out on Wednesday and one dinner out in Pietrasanta on a day to be decided.
- Local bio-organic wine and olive oil tasting (this is a walking excursion)
- An evening out in Lucca at Puccini opera
- Bike and Walking cultural tour of Lucca, a medieval walled town
- An excursion to Bagni de Pisa Thermal Spa with light lunch
- Fresh detox fruit / vegetable juice at breakfast
- Local wine at dinner (1/2 bottle per person, per night)
- Unlimited fruit, water, and herbal tea throughout the day.
- Transfer from/to Lucca to/from the retreat centre on the day of arrival and departure (one scheduled pick-up and drop-off only).
- Outdoor salt-water pool and large communal living areas
- Use of the steam room / sauna (first session free, thereafter €70 per session)
- Pool Towels, Hair dryers and laundry facilities
- Free Wi-fi
- Tourist tax
What’s Not Included?
- Airfare from/to your home city
- Travel insurance
- Ground transportation outside the scheduled pick-up on arrival day and drop-off on departure day *
- One lunch, one dinner, and any other additional meals
- Optional activities other than those specified as included in the retreat price
- Other travel-related expenses
- Gratuities you might like to offer drivers, guides and center staff
* Transfers outside the scheduled pick-up or drop-off can be arranged for an additional fee
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino at 3:45pm. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to email@example.com as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.