OCTOBER 5 – 12, 2019 | YOGA & BLISS IN LUCCA, TUSCANY with SARAH OLESON
If you are looking for yoga with spirit and soul, you have found a perfect match with Sarah Oleson Yoga. Sarah is an extremely tuned in, knowledgeable and innovative yoga teacher, who brings a wonderful sense of humor, compassion and heart to her teaching.!
ITALY…. a destination that speaks for itself with its rich history, art and culture, idyllic medieval villages, iconic landscapes, fabulous food so delicious in its simplicity, quality wines, friendly locals … and gelato!
Join us for a week of yoga, culture and exploration in Italy this fall with dreamy yoga views overlooking vineyards and olive groves, bespoke excursions though Tuscany, cooking classes, local organic Italian Wine, steam room + more. Each day starts with yoga followed by a healthy, fresh breakfast In the afternoons, we will gather for either a pre-dinner yoga flow or post-dinner guided meditation
We have access to a fully-equipped yoga studio with Manduka mats, bolsters, blankets and straps as well as a stunning outdoor yoga shala set amongst vineyards and olive trees. With incredible views to the surrounding country side and the valley below, this is the perfect space to practice our sunset restorative yoga sessions.
Our retreat home for the week will be Il Borghino, a beautiful estate that has been restored to provide elegant comfortable living in authentic Tuscan style. Wood beamed ceilings, stone, terracotta, marble – each bedroom has a gorgeous view of the Tuscan countryside. The estate is booked solely for our group of travelers and includes an outdoor salt-water pool, large communal living areas, a steam room and much more.
During your retreat, there is plenty of free time for optional excursions and activities such as:
- Bike & Walking Tour of Lucca
- Cooking Class
- Wine Tasting Excursion
- Puccini Opera in Lucca
- Massages and Holistic Treatments
- Italian Language Lessons
- Shopping Tour
- Explore Lucca on your own
About Sarah Oleson RYT-500 PLUS
An active runner and athlete, Sarah rediscovered yoga after finishing college, and began taking Bikram yoga classes to heal her sore “runner’s knees”. Amazed at how yoga not only alleviated pain in the joints, but also created a freedom of expression and comfort in the mind and the body, Sarah was hooked.
Study + Experience
Keeping a daily practice for over seven years with Bikram, vinyasa, and restorative yoga, Sarah decided to take her practice a step further. She completed her 200 hour Vinyasa Flow Teacher certification with Frog Lotus Yoga International in Bali, Indonesia in 2015, training and teaching alongside some of the best instructors in the world. She also completed her Childlight teacher training, and is certified to teach ages 2-18. Sarah is also OM births certified to teach expecting mothers. Sarah recently ventured to Bali again to complete her 300 hour YTT with Zuna Yoga, to further advance her skills and knowledge.
Traveling and teaching all over the world has allowed Sarah to be constantly inspired by nature, spirituality, and the elements, linking movement, breath and life through the graceful practice. Classes combine kirtan, mantras, mudras, pranyama, and asana… deepening the full yoga experience. Her playful, energizing classes challenge the body while still relaxing the mind. Sarah encourages growth and interconnectedness of the physical and spiritual self within her students, and incorporates accessible levels and modifications for each individual.
More details about Sarah www.saraholesonyoga.com
- Daily Yoga Practices including use of yoga room, yoga mats, blocks, blankets, belts, and bolsters, plus additional yoga mats for use outdoors
- 7 nights’ accommodation at villa, linens and towels
- 3 delicious vegetarian meals daily, except for one lunch out on Wednesday and one dinner out in Pietrasanta on a day to be decided.
- Fresh detox fruit / vegetable juice at breakfast
- Local wine at dinner (1/2 bottle per person, per night)
- Unlimited fruit, water, and herbal tea throughout the day.
- Transfer from/to Lucca to/from the retreat centre on the day of arrival and departure (one scheduled pick-up and drop-off only).
- Outdoor salt-water pool and large communal living areas
- Use of the steam room / sauna (first session free, thereafter €70 per session)
- Pool Towels, Hair dryers and laundry facilities
- Free Wi-fi
- Tourist tax
What’s Not Included?
- Airfare from/to your home city
- Travel insurance
- Ground transportation outside the scheduled pick-up on arrival day and drop-off on departure day *
- One lunch, one dinner, and any other additional meals
- Optional activities other than those specified as included in the retreat price
- Other travel-related expenses
* Transfers outside the scheduled pick-up or drop-off can be arranged for an additional fee
Retreat Prices, per person
Room Type 1 – Twin room + shared hallway bathroom. (2 guests per room) $1950 USD per person
Room Type 2 – Twin room + private bathroom (2 guests per room) This room can be converted to King Bed for a couple $2200 USD per person
Room Type 3 – Double bed + private bathroom. (2 guests per room – best suited to a couple) . $2250 USD per person.
Room Type 4 – Private Room + Private Bathroom. (1 guest per room). Limited Availability.
For more information, click on the button “Reserve Your Place” or contact Sarah at email@example.com
Initial deposit is non-refundable.
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino at 3:45pm. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.