OCTOBER 7 – 14, 2023 | YOGA RETREAT IN TUSCANY with AIMEE LAMENDOLA + BRIENNE SEMBRAT
“Reset Your Baseline and Activate Your Inner Calm”
Join us in Tuscany in the fall to practice yoga, the art and science of relaxation, and build resiliency, while enjoying wonderful food and adventures in the Italian countryside.
Our group has exclusive use of the Il Borgino Retreat Centre for this group mindful wellness an yoga vacation.
The main focus of this retreat is to practice mindful movement, mindful breathing, focus and relaxation techniques, enjoy a peaceful or active adventure, breathe in the beautiful surroundings while taking some time to improve and instill well being. If you enjoy vacations with heavy drinking and partying, this retreat will not fit your expectations.
We have access to a fully-equipped yoga studio with Manduka mats, bolsters, blankets and straps as well as a stunning outdoor yoga shala set amongst vineyards and olive trees. With incredible views to the surrounding country side and the valley below, this is the perfect space to practice our sunset restorative yoga sessions.
Our retreat home for the week will be Il Borghino, a beautiful estate that has been restored to provide elegant comfortable living in authentic Tuscan style. Wood beamed ceilings, stone, terracotta, marble – each bedroom has a gorgeous view of the Tuscan countryside. The estate is booked solely for our group of travelers and includes an outdoor salt-water pool, large communal living areas, a steam room and much more.
Optional Activities and excursions
Below is a sample of other optional excursions and activities available during your retreat:
- Guided bike and walking cultural tour of Lucca with a local guide – informative + fun!
- Wine tasting excursion: a scenic 3 km walk to a beautiful local winery followed by an interesting tour and tasting
- Puccini Opera in Lucca; for the opera lovers, this is a 1 hour taste of Puccini in a beautiful church
- Cooking class – learn from the best with Maria Angela, the most wonderful local cook who dishes up all our meals during the retreat
About Aimee + Brienne
Aimee Lamendola is an EYRT 500 Hour Himalayan Institute taught Instructor with over 10 years of yoga teaching experience. Additionally, she is a Mass General PART Program wellness instructor employing the techniques of meditation, Heart Math, resiliency training and breathwork to meet to the needs and raise the wellness of her clients.
Brienne Sembrat is a WFR and Mindful Outdoor Guide participant with 25 years of director and organizational experience. She organizes the retreats , teaches and leads outdoor nature immersion experiences .
More details about Aimee and Brienne on www.breathein2it.com
- Daily Yoga Practices including use of yoga room, yoga mats, blocks, blankets, belts, and bolsters, plus additional yoga mats for use outdoors
- 7 nights’ accommodation at villa, linens and towels
- 3 delicious vegetarian meals daily, except for one lunch out on Wednesday and one dinner out on a day to be decided.
- Fresh detox fruit / vegetable juice at breakfast
- Local wine at dinner (1/2 bottle per person, per night)
- Unlimited fruit, water, and herbal tea throughout the day.
- Transfer from/to Lucca to/from the retreat centre on the day of arrival and departure (one scheduled pick-up and drop-off only).
- Outdoor salt-water pool and large communal living areas
- Use of the steam room / sauna (first session free, thereafter €70 per session)
- Pool Towels, Hair dryers and laundry facilities
- Free Wi-fi
- Tourist tax
What’s Not Included?
- Airfare from/to your home city
- Travel insurance
- Ground transportation outside the scheduled pick-up on arrival day and drop-off on departure day *
- One lunch, one dinner, and any other additional meals
- Optional activities other than those specified as included in the retreat price
- Other travel-related expenses
* Transfers outside the scheduled pick-up or drop-off can be arranged for an additional fee
Retreat Prices per person
Terms and Conditions
For more information, click on the button “Reserve Your Place”.
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino at 3:45pm. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to email@example.com as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.