SEPTEMBER 8 – 15, 2018 | YOGA RETREAT IN ITALY with JENNIFER GLENDINNING
Sometimes we need to step out of routine and allow ourselves to be captivated by a place that is at once both wondrously and strikingly beautiful. Sometimes sometimes, we need to go away to truly come home.
Join Jennifer Glendinning on an unforgettable 7-day/7-night yoga retreat in Tuscany. Reconnect with your body, mind and spirit with daily yoga and meditation, relax by the pool, explore historic villages, and enjoy delicious Italian cuisine.
September is one of the most stunning seasons of the year, and is the beginning of the fall harvest season, with plenty of fresh regional food available. There are many reasons to love Italy in September. Beyond the benefit of visiting Italy when it is celebrating its harvest, the temperatures are still wonderfully warm during the day, while nights are cooler, making it perfect for outdoor activities. The color of the light in Tuscany in September is hard to explain but beautiful to witness. The region of Tuscany is a truly magical place and the perfect setting for this unforgettable retreat.
This retreat is open to all ages and levels of experience. Come alone or come with friends and give yourself some well-earned time and space to relax, have fun, and find perfect harmony!
The retreat is hosted in a fully restored villa completely surrounded by forests and natural woodlands and overlooking a panorama of olive groves, vineyards and mountains in the distance.
Literally meaning “small village”, our hill top home for the week is Il Borghino. Located 10 miles from the medieval village of Lucca, 1.5 hours from Florence and 1.5 hours from the breathtaking Cinque Terre region, the retreat is the perfect place to relax while taking in all that is Tuscany.
Il Borghino offers four separate and beautifully renovated buildings including “L’Olivo” – the communal area and hub of the centre; an outdoor salt-water pool complete with beautiful terrace, a Turkish sauna and steam room, and delicious meals of fresh vegetarian Tuscan cuisine, local olive oil and wine. Indoor and outdoor locations, each with their own unique atmosphere and views, are available for daily yoga practice.
Jennifer will take you through a morning meditation and yoga session designed to bring perfect harmony to your mind and body for the day ahead. A delicious local breakfast follows.
The remainder of the day is yours so set your own pace – there is plenty of free time for a variety of activities before and after lunch. Lounge by the pool, take a walk or hike the local hills, explore nearby towns and villages or join one of the optional excursions.
Rejoin the group for late afternoon yoga. A farm to table vegetarian dinner is served at the villa around 7:30. The remainder of the evening is yours to spend as you wish – join an optional evening yoga & meditation session, or simply kick back and relax with a glass of wine on the terrace. A perfect end to the day!
Included in your retreat is a day trip to the breath-taking Cinque Terre region, exploring the coastal centuries old seaside villages along one of Italy’s most scenic stretches of Liguria on the rugged Italian Riviera coastline. In each of the 5 towns, colorful houses and vineyards cling to steep terraces, harbors are filled with fishing boats and trattorias turn out seafood specialties along with the Liguria region’s famous pesto sauce.
The Sentiero Azzurro cliffside hiking trail links the villages and offers sweeping sea vistas. The Cinque Terre region was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1997 and includes the villages of Corniglia; Manarola; Monterosso al Mare; Riomaggiore; and Vernazza.
For those who are hikers, it is possible to spend a day hiking between these beautiful villages and enjoy some spectacular scenery along the way. Others may enjoy walking the more gentle trails, spending time swimming, exploring the villages or sampling some of the local cuisine.
About Jennifer Glendinning
- Two yoga/meditation sessions daily with Jennifer
- Use of indoor and outdoor yoga facilities, quality Manduka yoga mats, blocks, blankets, belts, and bolsters, (plus additional yoga mats for use outdoors)
- 7 nights accommodation at villa
- Linens and towels
- Three fresh and locally sourced vegetarian meals daily (except for one lunch out on Wednesday and one dinner out on a day to be decided = 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 6 dinners)
- Local wine at dinner, 1/2 bottle per person, per night (additional alcohol is available for purchase)
- Unlimited fruit, water, and herbal tea throughout the day
- Freshly pressed detox fruit and vegetable juice every morning
- Last night celebratory dinner with Prosecco and pizza using the wood-fired pizza oven at Il Borghino
- Transfer from/to Lucca to/from the retreat centre on the day of arrival and departure (Note: one scheduled pick-up and drop-off only. Transfers outside of the scheduled times can be arranged for an additional fee)
- Wine tasting and tour
- Day trip to the villages of Cinque Terre, including transportation and entry fee
- Use of outdoor salt-water pool and common areas
- One complimentary 3-hour use of Turkish sauna/steam room (additional visits €70/3 hrs)
- Assistance and advice from retreat concierge to arrange optional excursions
- Laundry facilities in each house, hair dryers and pool towels
- Tourist tax
What’s Not Included?
- Airfare from/to your home city
- Travel insurance
- Ground transportation outside the scheduled pick-up on arrival day and drop-off on departure day *
- One lunch, one dinner, and any other additional meals
- Optional activities other than those specified as included in the retreat price
- Other travel-related expenses
* Transfers outside the scheduled pick-up or drop-off can be arranged for an additional fee
Retreat Prices, per person
There are 4 accommodation options and a total of only 10 rooms available, so early registration is recommended. Save €100 early bird discount if deposit is paid by February 20, 2018.
For all options, a €300 (EUR) deposit is required to hold your space.
Room Type 1* – Twin Room with Shared Bathroom (2 rooms with two twin beds share 1 bath). €1675 (EUR) per person (if deposit is paid by February 20, 2018), €1775 (EUR) per person thereafter.
Room Type 2* – Twin Room with Private Bathroom (two single beds). €1775 (EUR) per person (if deposit is paid by February 20, 2018), €1875 (EUR) per person thereafter.
Room Type 3* – Double room with Private Bathroom (double bed). €1775 (EUR) per person (if deposit is paid by February 20, 2018), €1875 (EUR) per person thereafter
Room Type 4 – Single Room with Private Bath (single bed) (ONLY TWO AVAILABLE). €1975 (EUR) per person (if deposit is paid by February 20, 2018), €2075 (EUR) per person thereafter.
*Room Types 1, 2 & 3 can be converted to single occupancy for an additional fee
50% of remaining balance due March 24, 2018. Final due July 21, 2018. Any registrations received on or after July 21, 2018 must be paid in full
Please note that deposits are non-refundable. Travel insurance is strongly recommended if you need to cancel for any reason. Cancellations on or after July 21, 2018 are not refundable.
For more information, click on the button “Reserve your Place” or contact Jennifer on firstname.lastname@example.org
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino at 3:45pm. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to email@example.com as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.