SEPT 3 – 10, 2022 | INSPIRE: WOMEN’S YOGA + WELLNESS RETREAT IN TUSCANY with EMILY DARLING & MELANIE NICSINGER
Yoga brings the gift of finding peace within ourselves.
After a week of nourishing your spirit, you’ll return home feeling relaxed, re-energized and INSPIRED!
We have access to a fully-equipped yoga studio with Manduka mats, bolsters, blankets and straps as well as a stunning outdoor yoga shala set amongst vineyards and olive trees. With incredible views to the surrounding country side and the valley below, this is the perfect space to practice our sunset restorative yoga sessions.
Our retreat home for the week will be Il Borghino – which boasts comfortable lodging in four beautifully-renovated buildings, an outdoor salt-water pool, and delicious meals of farm-to-table vegetarian Tuscan cuisine — complete with local olive oil and wine. We have access to a fully-equipped yoga studio, as well as multiple outdoor spaces should we prefer to practice overlooking the valley below.
Sample Schedule (subject to change)
Day 1: Ciao! Retreat begins at 4pm. Late afternoon gentle yoga, welcome dinner
Day 2: Morning yoga. Free day.
Day 3: Morning yoga. Optional* Bike and walking tour of Lucca. Afternoon gentle yoga.
Day 4: Morning yoga. Walk to nearby vineyard, including wine tasting & private vinyard tour. Evening gentle yoga.
Day 5: All day excursion to the seaside towns of the Cinque Terre for hiking, lunch out, shipping or swimming. .
Day 6: Morning yoga. Free day. Dinner out (not included)
Day 7: Morning yoga. Free day. Evening gentle yoga. Final evening dinner party
Day 8: Morning Yoga, breakfast and arrivederci at 10am!
There is a great choice of optional activities and excursions, designed to give you a taste of Tuscany and the local culture, without it feeling like a organized tour. You can sign up for them when you arrive at the retreat center. There are also some amazing in-house massage therapists who will be available throughout the week to iron out tired or stressed muscles and leave you feeling completely relaxed and rejuvenated!
About Emily Darling
The opening of Darling Yoga with her sister Sarah in 2007 was a dream come true for Emily who has been teaching yoga since 1993. She began her studies in the rich tradition of Iynenar Yoga and Restorative Yoga. She has also studied Ashtanga, Sivananda and Vinyasa Yoga. Through a beautiful weaving of all, she has a created a style of her own.
Emily’s graceful flowing classes blend skillful alignment with a deeper awareness that yoga is a practice of going within and connecting to ones’s heart, light and truth. Her nurturing and compassionate nature creates a class atmosphere that is non-competitive, yet challenging. Her orchestration of rest and movement creates inner peace and strength in the body.
Study + Experience
She is grateful to have trained with world-renown teachers; and is daily inspired by her fellow KC teachers, students and family. As a registered E-RYT 500 level Yoga Alliance teacher, Emily brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to her 200-RYT Yoga Teacher Training Program, which she offers through Darling Yoga with her life-long friend and yoga inspiration, Christy Burnette.
More details about Emily at www.darlingyoga.com
About Melanie Nicsinger
Using the research skills I developed as a professional writer, I began an investigation that led me to understand how food can nourish and heal the body.
I kept returning to the integrative model of care when my family experienced a series of health challenges that included severe allergies, heart attacks and cancer. In each case, I kept discovering the healing properties of nutrient-dense foods, stress reduction and exercise. I kept asking herself, why aren’t these things more well known?
So I made it my mission to help people create a healthy, healing lifestyles. I believe a whole-foods diet can free our bodies from the ailments that can limit our lives.
Study + Experience
In 2010, I began my journey toward becoming a Certified Holistic Nutritionist with specialized certifications in nutrition for cancer and cardiovascular health. A perpetual student, I’m working toward becoming an Integrative Health Practitioner through the University of Arizona’s Center for Integrative Medicine. I am also a registered yoga teacher.
More details about Melanie at www.lifestylebenefits.com
- 2 Daily Yoga Classes, including yoga mats, blocks, blankets, belts, and bolsters, plus additional yoga mats for use outdoors
- 7 nights’ accommodation at villa, linens and towels
- 3 delicious vegetarian meals daily, except for one lunch and one dinner out during excursions.
- Historic, local vineyard tour and wine tasting
- All Day Cinque Terre Excursion
- Fresh detox fruit / vegetable juice at breakfast
- Local wine at dinner (1/2 bottle per person, per night)
- Unlimited fruit, water, and herbal tea throughout the day.
- Transfer from/to Lucca to/from the retreat centre on the day of arrival and departure (one scheduled pick-up and drop-off only).
- Outdoor salt-water pool and large communal living areas
- Pool Towels, Hair dryers and use of laundry facilities
- Free Wi-fi
- Tourist tax
What’s Not Included?
- Airfare from/to your home city
- Travel insurance
- Ground transportation outside the scheduled pick-up on arrival day and drop-off on departure day *
- One lunch, one dinner, and any other additional meals
- Optional activities other than those specified as included in the retreat price
- Other travel-related expenses
* Transfers outside the scheduled pick-up or drop-off can be arranged for an additional fee
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino at 3:45pm. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.