JUNE 25 – JULY 2, 2016: Yoga Journey in Tuscany with Wendy + Tara Jacob
If you are looking for an opportunity to deeply relax in beautiful surroundings with like-minded people – this retreat is for you! With twice daily yoga classes, there is still plenty of free time to indulge in a massage, join one of the optional activities, or just stay by the pool and read a book! There are no rules – just choices – letting you decide on how much (or how little!) you would like to do each day.
Yoga teachers Wendy and Tara Jacob lead this blissful seven day retreat at Villa Benvenuti, a fully restored 17th Century villa set in the stunning Tuscan countryside. With three delicious vegetarian meals and two yoga sessions each day (apart from Wednesday, where you may chose to explore the local area) included in the price, this is a great opportunity to begin or develop your yoga practice.
Optional extras include excursions to medieval villages, visiting a thermal spa, cookery classes, wine tasting and much more. Each morning, we will meet for our first yoga session of the day – bringing energy and vitality into the mind and body. Later in the day, we will experience a more restorative practice, reconnecting and slowing down before our evening meal. Open to all levels – beginners and the more experienced – there will be plenty of opportunity to develop your practice and experience the benefits of energising yoga combined with a generous dose of relaxation!
About the Location: Located just thirty minutes from Pisa, Villa Benvenuti sits high on a hillside overlooking a panorama of olive groves, fruit trees and vineyards. Restored to the highest standards, everything at Villa Benvenuti has been arranged with nature and simplicity in mind, with traditional terracotta tile flooring and wooden beams, simple and elegant furnishings and beautiful outdoor living spaces. The grounds are extensive and lush with both formal and informal garden areas. There are several grassed terraces for enjoying the beautiful vistas, a secret garden waiting to be discovered and a swimming pool set away from the house amongst olive groves and oak trees. Wine, olive oil, herbs, vegetables and fruit are all produced in abundance on the estate and provide the essential ingredients for the deliciously fresh, vegetarian meals, cleansing juices and herbal teas.
For more information about this retreat, open the flyer here.
I have been practising yoga since my twenties and have had many wonderful teachers in different styles of yoga – including Ashtanga, Iyengar and Hatha traditions. My own yoga journey has recently led me to the work of Vanda Scaravelli and training with Diane Long.
Inspiring teachers and ongoing study influences my own teaching, but my main commitment is to the people I teach. My aim is to introduce students to yoga and encourage them to develop their interest and abilities. I am particularly interested in yoga therapy and how yoga can be adapted to the individual during different stages of life. I write regularly on yoga and health and my work has appeared in a number of publications including Yoga and Health, Spectrum, Yoga Magazine and Yoga International. I have broadcast experience, commenting and advising on health, yoga and other areas.
Room Type 1 – £960 per person per week in twin share room (two single beds) with shared bathroom (8 places – 4 rooms / 2 bathrooms)
Room Type 2 – £1100 per person per week in twin room with private ensuite bathroom. 6 places (3 rooms / 3 bathrooms)
Most people are happy to share a room and if booking a twin room, we will put you with a same sex person.
Please note that single rooms are limited. An upgrade from a twin room to a single room costs an extra £300.
An initial deposit of £300 is required at time of booking. The balance is required 12 weeks before start date of travel.
For more information or if you have any questions please email Wendy at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 7 nights accommodation + all linen + towels
- Morning and evening yoga classes on all days except one day mid-week when excursions can be arranged.
- 3 delicious vegetarian meals per day (excluding one lunch out on Wednesday and one dinner out on a day to be decided)
- Fresh detox juice at breakfast + Unlimited fruit, water and herbal teas
- Wine (produced at the estate) at dinner (limited to 1/2 bottle per person, per night)
- Last night celebratory dinner with Prosecco and aperitivo on the terrace
- Swimming pool
- Yoga mats, blankets, blocks, belts and bolsters
- Guided hike (2 – 3 hrs). A picnic lunch will be provided this day to enjoy back at the villa around the swimming pool or in the surrounds nearby the villa.
- Use of Wi-Fi
- Use of laundry facilities
- Transfers to and from Lucca to Villa Benvenuti at the start and finish of the retreat (one scheduled pick up and drop off only)
- Assistance and advice in arranging optional excursions (retreat concierge)
- Tourist Tax – this is levied on overnight stays for non-residents in visitor accommodation up to a maximum of 3 consecutive stays.
What’s Not Included?
- Travel insurance
- Airport transfers outside the scheduled pick-up and drop-off
- Optional excursions outside the villa or transportation for excursions other than those specified
- Optional Massages and Healing Arts Therapies
- Other travel related expenses
Transport Options – Getting to and From Villa Benvenuti
The centre is ideally located 15 minutes from Lucca, 35 minutes from Pisa, 1.5 hrs from Florence and 1.5 hrs from the breathtaking Cinque Terre region, making it the perfect base to explore Tuscany and Liguria
British Airways (0844 493 0787; www.ba.com), easyJet(www.easyjet.com) and Ryanair (www.ryanair.com) fly to Pisa, but look out for charter flights from regional airports in summer with carriers such as Jet2 (0871 226 1737; www.jet2.com). Take the half-hourly shuttle train from Pisa Aeroporto to Pisa Centrale (five minutes) and change for the regular service to Lucca. The station is just outside the town walls. Train information and booking online at www.trenitalia.com.
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
- Check-in at Villa Benvenuti is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Villa Benvenuti. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to email@example.com as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Villa Benvenuti
- Check-out at Villa Benvenuti is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.