MAY 23 – 30, 2020 | YOGA + WRITERS RETREAT IN TUSCANY – with LAURA K ROE + PAULA MUNIER
~ Explore ~ Dream ~ Create – Flow ~Breathe ~ Savor ~ Relax ~ Support ~ Manifest ~
Breathe. Travel. Write. Unlock your creativity and tap into your flow on this yoga and writers retreat in Tuscany
This unique retreat is hosted by two experienced writers and yoga teachers: Laura K Roe, author of three novels, veteran journalist, magazine editor, and corporate communications consultant. Laura also has 600 hours of yoga teacher trainings and will lead morning classes (for all levels) to set intentions, bolster creativity, and break free from fear.
Paula Munier, agent, editor, author, with 25 years experience in book publishing. The Mary Higgins Clark Award-nominated author of A Borrowing of Bones, she’s also the author of Plot Perfect, The Writer’s Guide to Beginnings, Writing with Quiet Hands, and Happier Every Day.
Paula will lead three writer workshops tackling topics from writing the perfect pitch or synopsis, to top reasons why agents say No. She will also teach evening restorative and chakra alignment classes and is available for private consultations at an additional fee.
Retreat cost includes daily yoga classes, home-cooked meals, room, writer workshops, vineyard excursion, sauna, steam and pool access.
Private writer consultations, spa services and excursions to Cinque Terre or Lucca are available for additional fees. These can be booked upon arrival.
Who is this Retreat suitable for?
This retreat is suitable for any genre–and any level of writer from the just-starting to the still-trying to the perfecting-the-work-in-progress. What’s more, you’ll enjoy the company of like-minded writers in a setting that will spark your inner creativity and flow. Sign up today and join us for the creative experience of a lifetime. The writer in you will be glad you did.
Our retreat home for the week will be Il Borghino – which boasts comfortable lodging in four beautifully-renovated buildings, an outdoor salt-water pool, and delicious meals of farm-to-table vegetarian Tuscan cuisine — complete with local olive oil and wine. We have access to a fully-equipped yoga studio, as well as multiple outdoor spaces should we prefer to practice overlooking the valley below.
About Laura K Roe
Laura is the author of three novels, a fourth on the way. She is a veteran journalist, magazine editor, book editor, and blogger. Seeking balance led Laura to yoga and her 600 hours of yoga alliance teacher training allows her to teach all levels of vinyasa, hatha, therapeutic, restorative and chakra balance classes. It is her strong belief that fear and anxiety thwart the creative spirit. Yoga, breath work, and meditation allow artists to let go of looping thoughts and tap into their creative, intuitive nature. She leads Yoga & Writers retreats all over the world.
More details about Laura on www.laurakroe.com
About Paula Munier
PAULA MUNIER is an agent, editor and writer with 25 years’ experience in book publishing. The Mary Higgins Clark award-nominated author of A Borrowing of Bones, she is also the author of Plot Perfect, The Writer’s Guide to Beginnings, Writing with Quiet Hands, and Happier Every Day. A certified yoga teacher, she specializes in healing moidalities, chakra alignment and creativity flow
More details about Paula on www.paulamunier.com
- Daily yoga sessions including use of yoga mats, blocks, blankets, belts, and bolsters, plus additional yoga mats for use outdoors
- 7 nights’ accommodation at villa, linens and towels
- 3 delicious vegetarian meals daily (minus one lunch and one dinner when we head out to explore)
- Fresh detox fruit / vegetable juice at breakfast
- Local wine at dinner (1/2 bottle per person, per night)
- Unlimited fruit, water, and herbal tea throughout the day.
- Transfer from/to Lucca to/from the retreat centre on the day of arrival and departure (one scheduled pick-up and drop-off only). Transfers outside of the scheduled pick-up and drop off are not included.
- Outdoor salt-water pool and large communal areas
- Steam room / sauna (first session complimentary, thereafter €70 per session)
- Pool Towels, Hair dryers and use of laundry facilities
- Free Wi-fi
- Tourist tax
What’s Not Included?
- Airfare from/to your home city
- Travel insurance
- Ground transportation outside the scheduled pick-up on arrival day and drop-off on departure day *
- One lunch and one dinner out when we are out out on excursions.
- Any other additional meals you choose to have outside the retreat centre.
- Massages and Optional activities other than those specified as included in the retreat price
- Other travel-related expenses
* Transfers outside the scheduled pick-up or drop-off can be arranged for an additional fee
Retreat Prices, per person
We have 18 spots. ! After an initial deposit, payment plans are possible.
Prices begin at $2000 USD
Room Type 1 – Twin room + shared hallway bathroom. twin beds / 2 people per room
Room Type 2 – Twin Room + Private bathroom. twin beds / 2 people per room.
Room Type 3 – Twin Room + Private Bathroom. double bed / 2 people per room.
Room Type 4 – Single Room + Private Bathroom. single bed / 1 person per room.
Terms and Conditions
Spaces are very limited and accommodation will be assigned on a first come, first served basis.
For more information, click on the button “Reserve Your Place” or contact Laura at email@example.com
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino at 3:45pm. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.