JUNE 16 – 23, 2018 | WELLNESS RETREAT IN TUSCANY with CHANTAL LANDREVILLE + MIRIAM WEXLER
“If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, will answer you: I am here to live out loud.” – Émile Zola
They say a life well lived is a life lived well—the key word here being lived, an active verb. The world belongs to those who participate, who take risks, who are not afraid to fail, because the only way to understand the beauty of each breath of life is to be aware of it. And the only path to awareness is variety, of scene, of smell and taste, of action and interaction.
So, welcome to another day in paradise. Join us for a 7-day retreat in the stunning scenery of Italy’s Tuscany. Enjoy interactive workshops, daily yoga practice and meditation sessions; immerse yourself in the local culture, connect on a deeper level with yourself and with those around you—remember, before your friends were your friends, they were strangers.
Each day begins with a time for self-reflection followed by an invigorating morning salute to the sun, and a good stretch. Throughout the day enjoy healthy, fresh farm-to-table meals, spend some time by the pool, or simply wander around the area and discover a whole new world. Afternoon workshops with a diverse range of themes, or excursions to notable sights and attractions help wind down your day.
Come to disconnect, reconnect, and rejuvenate. It’s time to take the leap. It’s time for an adventure!
Our retreat home for the week will be Il Borghino – which boasts comfortable lodging in four beautifully-renovated buildings, an outdoor salt-water pool, and delicious meals of farm-to-table vegetarian Tuscan cuisine — complete with local olive oil and wine. We have access to a fully-equipped yoga studio with MANDUKA props, as well as beautiful outdoor spaces should we prefer to practice overlooking the valley below.
Included in your retreat is a walking tour and wine tasting at a local biodynamic winery – includes a tour of wine cellar and olive mill, a day trip to the 5 villages of Cinque Terre on the Italian Riveiera, including transportation and entry fee, a cooking class with the resident villa Chef Maria Angela, a 60 minute massage, a breath-work workshop, a goal/intention setting workshop, one 60 minute 1-on-1 coaching session with Retreat Leader Chantal (upon request) and a gift bag valued at over $100!!
This retreat is open to all ages and levels of experience. Come alone or come with friends and give yourself some well earned time and space to relax, recharge your batteries and simply be.
About Chantal and Miriam
Chantal Landreville (L) and Miriam Wexler (R), two soul sisters that found one another years ago. Avid global travellers, both are passionate about food, wine and spiritual growth. Both Miriam and Chantal are always on the quest for self-development, a deeper connection with the world around them and getting a better understanding of the secrets of the Universe.
Chantal Landreville is a wine-lover’s delight who is sure to pique your palate with the local flavours. With her 10+ years of successfully driving sales for some of the most prominent brands in the wine industry, she is well-versed in the craft of winemaking and has travelled extensively to sample and share vintages of all hues and character. Originally based out of Montreal, Chantal honed her skills and established strong alliances in the food and wine Industries. When she is not working and travelling, Chantal works on her life-coaching skills (sessions available by request), makes time for laughs, dancing, mingling, and discuss perfect pairings such as Arneis and a home-made Carbonara.
Miriam Wexler knows how to throw a party. As an event planner with 20+ years of success in both the corporate and non-profit sectors, her expertise is immediately evident the moment guests step into a venue. Equipped with a unique sense of style and a finger on the latest trends, Miriam easily creates an atmosphere of fun, fantasy, and unforgettable adventure. She is also a popular Toronto foodie who knows where to find the best meals, the coolest chefs, and the hippest vibes. When she isn’t working, Miriam loves to travel around the world, hang out with friends, or just chill in her comforting jungle of a backyard.
- Daily morning meditation and yoga practice including use of yoga room, yoga mats, blocks, blankets, belts, and bolsters, plus additional yoga mats for use outdoors
- 7 nights’ accommodation at villa, including all linens and towels
- 7 delicious breakfasts, 6 lunches, 6 dinners all vegetarian
- Local wine at dinner (1/2 bottle per person, per night. Additional alcohol can be purchased)
- Unlimited fruit, water, and herbal tea throughout the day.
- Freshly pressed fruit/vegetable juice every morning
- Transfer from/to Lucca to/from the retreat centre on the day of arrival and departure (one scheduled pick-up and drop-off only)
- Walking tour and wine tasting at a local biodynamic winery – includes a tour of wine cellar and olive mill
- Day trip to the 5 villages of Cinque Terre, including transportation and entry fee
- A cooking class with the resident villa Chef Maria Angela
- 1 60-minute massage
- A breath-work workshop
- A goal/intention setting workshop
- One 60 minute 1-on-1 coaching session with Retreat Leader Chantal (upon request)
- Gift bag valued at over $100
- Use of outdoor salt-water pool and common areas
- Use of steam room / sauna (first session free, thereafter €70 per session)
- Pool Towels, Hairdryers, use of laundry facilities
- Tourist tax
Retreat Prices, per person
Room Type 1 – Double/Twin room (2 people – 2 twin or 1 double bed) with shared hallway bathroom. *Only 2 available $2300 (USD) per person
Room Type 2 – Double/Twin room (2 people – 2 twin or 1 double bed) with private bathroom. $2500 (USD) per person
Room Type 3 – Deluxe Double Room (1 Double Bed) with private bathroom. $2500 (USD) per person
Room Type 4 – Deluxe single room with private bathroom. *Only 2 available. $2700 (USD) per person
Terms and Conditions
$500 USD non-refundable deposit to reserve space. Balance due 60 days prior to departure. Please indicate what type of room you would like. Once we receive your reservation, we will email you a confirmation along with more trip details.
For more information, click on the button “Reserve your Place” or contact Miriam or Chantal at firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s Not Included?
- Airfare from/to your home city
- Travel insurance
- Ground transportation outside the scheduled pick-up on arrival day and drop-off on departure day *
- One lunch and one dinner
- Optional activities other than those specified as included in the retreat price
- Other travel-related expenses
* Transfers outside the scheduled pick-up or drop-off can be arranged for an additional fee
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino at 3:45pm. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to email@example.com as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.