July 8 – 15, 2017 | Tuscany Yoga Holiday with Tammy Risim + Smita Ahluwalia
Control of physical and emotional power is the key to good health, peace and happiness. Give yourself the gift of yoga for a long peaceful and healthy life!
Reconnect to your core self in the lush setting of Lucca, Tuscany in Italy – rated by Forbes as one of the top ten destinations to visit in Europe!
Tammy Risim and Smita Ahluwalia invite you for a week-long getaway in a 17th century Tuscan Villa. Each day involves an energizing morning yoga practice and an afternoon relaxing, restorative practice – designed to allow yourself to re-tune, restore and remember yourself, all whilst experiencing La Dolce Vita.
This one of a kind retreat event is suitable for all individuals of any age, whether you are brand new to yoga or have practiced yoga before.
Our Yoga Retreat Villa is an extraordinary peaceful and private Tuscan property which sits high on a hillside overlooking a panorama of mountains, olive groves, fruit trees and vineyards. Lucca is 15 minutes away by car, Pisa only 30 minutes, and Florence is less than one hour travel time.
Our gorgeous retreat location celebrates 28 hectares of unspoilt nature for you to explore. The natural surroundings and secluded setting create an atmosphere of calm and stillness, making it ideal for yoga, hiking, swimming and meditative practices. Immerse yourself in a Summer feast for your senses that is designed to nourish and refine you.
Our villa boasts a beautiful outdoor pool tucked into the olive groves and surrounded by lavender and sage bushes, beautiful gardens with bubbling fountains and delicious meals of farm-to-table vegetarian Tuscan cuisine — complete with local olive oil and wine. We have access to a fully-equipped yoga studio, as well as multiple outdoor spaces where we can take our practice outside and savor the balmy, summer evenings.
To support and enhance your retreat week, we offer healing arts massages and spa treatments as well as plenty of optional excursions to choose from when you’re not relaxing on site. Enjoy a walking/biking tour of the enchanting village of Lucca, a day trip to the breathtaking coastal villages of the Cinque Terre, an afternoon soaking up the healing waters in a thermal spa, an evening in the quaint artist village of Pietrasanta, a cooking class or a winery tour.
About Tammy Risim – Yoga Teacher ERT400+
Tammy has been around Yoga all her life as her home country is India where originally Yoga was found over 5000 years ago. She has been practicing for past fifteen years and teaching for past ten years. Her enlightened yoga journey started from Yogafit 2005 and 2006 Karma followed by Jonny Kest in 2011.
Tammy is certified in all levels and all kinds of Yoga including Yin, Slow, Hatha, Asthanga and Hot Vinyasa. Yoga is her true love and the service is her passion.
- 7 nights’ accommodation at villa, linens and towels. Please note that linen is not changed during the retreat but bath towels are refreshed mid-week.
- 3 delicious vegetarian meals daily, except one lunch & one dinner out. On these days, guests are free to explore on their own, choosing an excursion or a night out in Lucca etc.
- Local wine at dinner (1/2 bottle per person, per night)
- Unlimited fruit, water, and herbal tea throughout the day.
- Transfer from/to Lucca to/from the retreat centre on the day of arrival and departure (one scheduled pick-up and drop-off only)
- Daily yoga practice and use of yoga room, yoga mats, blocks, blankets, belts, and bolsters, plus additional yoga mats for use outdoors
- Use of outdoor pool and common areas
- Pool Towels
- Use of laundry facilities in each house
- Tourist tax
What’s Not Included?
- Airfare from/to your home city
- Travel insurance
- Ground transportation outside the scheduled pick-up on arrival day and drop-off on departure day *
- One lunch, one dinner, and any other additional meals
- Optional activities other than those specified as included in the retreat price
- Other travel-related expenses
* Transfers outside the scheduled pick-up or drop-off can be arranged for an additional fee
Retreat Prices, per person
Prices start from $2500 USD
Room Type 1 – Twin share room with shared hallway bathroom.
Room Type 2 – Twin share room with private bathroom.
Early bird discount of 10% for registration before 30 February 2017
$500 deposit required upon signing up to book your spot.
Final balance due by 30 April, 2017
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino at 3:45pm. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to email@example.com as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.