APRIL 24 – MAY 1, 2021 | THE GIFT OF POSSIBILITY YOGA RETREAT in TUSCANY with BECCA HERRINGTON + JODY DOUGHERTY
Join Becca and Jody on a week long Shamanic Yoga Retreat in one of Tuscany’s most charming Renaissance regions.
Nestled in the hills of Tuscany, cradled between olive groves and vineyards, lies the magnificent estate of “Il Borghino” which literally means “small village”, our home for the week. Come release what no longer serves you, creating space for laughter, self-discovery, mindfulness, internal listening and play. Be the Gift you give yourself by co-creating with the land and spirit of Tuscany.
Our retreat home for the week will be Il Borghino – which boasts comfortable lodging in four beautifully-renovated buildings, an outdoor salt-water pool, and delicious meals of farm-to-table vegetarian Tuscan cuisine — complete with local olive oil and wine. We have access to a fully-equipped yoga studio, as well as multiple outdoor spaces should we prefer to practice overlooking the valley below.
With the guidance of your facilitators, create possibility through Shamanic Yoga, Rituals and movement which allow you to engage through all of your senses, both externally and internally. Enjoy the listening and deep knowing of your body, your heart and soul.
Included in your retreat is an excursion to Bagni de Pisa Thermal Spa and a local Bio-organic Vineyard Tour and wine tasting.
Other Optional Activities
There is a great choice of other optional activities designed to give you a taste of Tuscany and the local culture without it feeling like an organized tour. You can sign up for them when you arrive at Il Borghino. Please note that optional activities are not included in the retreat price. Examples include a Biking and Walking Cultural Tour of Lucca, Italian Language Lesson, Cooking Class, Massage and Holistic Body Treatments, excursion to Pietrasanta Artists Village, Puccini Opera in Lucca, Cinque Terre Day Trip, Ligurian Coastal Hike day trip and Waterfalls Hike day trip.
Becca started along the path of a healer in her early twenties because of her deep respect for the Earth and all of it’s inhabitants. She became a Reiki Master Teacher mentoring students in the activation of the natural healing art of the body. Becca graduated from Dove Star Holistic Institute in 2001 with a degree in massage therapy followed by an in depth study with the Upledger Institute International to become a CranioSacral therapist in 2003.
As an herbalist, who apprenticed under the guidance of Rosemary Gladstar, Becca has a genuine love for all the beauty and healing potential that the plant kingdom graciously offers us. She has spent more than two decades training in the shamanic practices of the traditional peoples of the Andes mountains & jungles of Peru and Ecuador. She is currently under the tutelage of the Magia, her matrineal lineage of Sicily.
More details about Becca at www.theweaversway.com
Jodie began her career as a Respiratory Therapist. After spending time working at Harvard teaching hospitals in the Boston area, and out in West Hollywood for a stint at Cedar Sinai. As everyone, more or less, looks the same in a hospital gown, it leveled the playing field and Jody quickly learned to treat everyone as an individual regardless of race, color or creed.
Respiratory Therapy led Jody to sales in Philadelphia, and this is where she discovered yin yoga. Yin and its meditative practice opened me in a particular way to “see” and “hear” spirit. Jody quit her “clinical job” and traveled to Nepal, Bhutan, China, and Peru tapping deeply into the spirituality that was possible by simply being present. Jody hopes to be a bridge from where you are to where the universe is leading you
More details about Jody at www.jodydoughertytraditionalhealings.com
- Daily ritual yoga including yoga mats, blocks, blankets, belts, and bolsters
- Morning meditation or movement classes
- Cacao Ceremony, Flower Bathing and Clay Mask Rituals
- 7 nights’ accommodation at villa
- 3 delicious vegetarian meals daily, excluding one lunch and one dinner
- Fresh detox fruit / vegetable juice at breakfast
- Local bio-organic wine tasting and tour (this is a walking excursion)
- An excursion to Bagni de Pisa Thermal Spa
- Local wine at dinner
- Unlimited fruit, water, and herbal tea throughout the day
- Transfer from/to Lucca to/from the retreat center on the day of arrival and departure (one scheduled pick-up and drop-off only).
- Outdoor salt-water pool and large communal living areas
- Use of the steam room / sauna (first session free, thereafter €70 per session)
- Free Wi-Fi and laundry facilities
- Tourist tax
Retreat Prices, per person
- Starting From $2,100 (USD) per person –$2,500 (USD) per person (Depending on requested accommodations)
- Space is limited to 14 participants to provide the maximum individualized attention
- $500.00 non-refundable deposit to reserve your spot
- Early Bird Special– $200.00 discount until October 3, 2019
- Referral Program – Bring a friend and receive a $100.00 discount upon their paid deposit.
What’s Not Included?
- Airfare from/to your home city
- Travel insurance
- Ground transportation outside the scheduled pick-up on arrival day and drop-off on departure day *
- One lunch and one dinner out when we are out out on excursions.
- Any other additional meals you choose to have outside the retreat centre.
- Optional activities other than those specified as included in the retreat price
- Other travel-related expenses
- Gratuities you might like to offer drivers, guides and center staff
- Personal healing sessions – One on one shamanic healing session with either Jody or Becca, Massage or bodywork treatments with local therapist.
* Transfers outside the scheduled pick-up or drop-off can be arranged for an additional fee
Terms and Conditions
To make payments: use Venmo with this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, click on the button “Reserve Your Place.”
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino at 3:45pm. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to email@example.com as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.