August 19 -26, 2017 | Revive Retreat in Tuscany with Becca Pace + Marisa Merliss
Embark on a journey with Revive Retreats and bring balance to your body through the practices of MELT, BodyART and Pilates in one of the most beautiful destinations in the world … Italy!
Revive + restore during this 7-day yoga retreat under the Tuscan sun. Your retreat includes daily bodyART, MELT and Pilates classes, a day trip to the breathtaking coastal villages of the Cinque Terre, nature walks, delicious vegetarian farm-to-table cuisine, in-house massages and plenty of time for relaxing by the pool or exploring the gorgeous medieval town of Lucca.
Il Borghino is a breathtaking Villa located 7 miles from Lucca, near the Serchio river in Tuscany. The villa offers a secluded setting on a hill top with magnificent views overlooking forests, vineyards, olive groves and mountains. Lucca is a beautiful and fascinating city known for it’s well-preserved Renaissance walls encircling the historic city center. Broad tree-lined pathways along massive 16th- and 17th-century ramparts are popular for strolling and cycling. There are plenty of local restaurants and excursions to experience all the wonders this city and the surrounding areas have to offer.
Our retreat villa, is located 35 minutes from Pisa, 1.5 hrs from Florence and 1.5 hrs from the stunning Cinque Terre region, making it the perfect base to explore Tuscany and Liguria.
BodyART and MELT classes held daily. The indoor yoga room is located downstairs in the communal area with glass windows looking into the swimming pool. There are also several grassy terraces overlooking the hills and olive groves which will be utilized for some of the classes to take in the peace and serenity of the beautiful countryside.
What is bodyART?
bodyART™ by Robert Steinbacher is a holistic, functional, mindbody training system combining strength, cardio, flexibility and classical breathing techniques. Based on the principles of Yin and Yang and the 5 elements of Traditional Chinese Medicine, bodyART™ training creates a dynamic link between – active and passive movement creating a greater sense of balance in the body. Many of the movements in bodyART™ are inspired by yoga, pilates, tai chi, martial arts and tribal dance creating a synergy of physical training and mental relaxation. Classes are designed to meet the needs of each individual by offering multiple levels of difficulty for each exercise in this challenging barefoot workout.
What is the MELT Method?
The MELT Method®, by Sue Hitzmann, is a carefully coordinated sequence of movements using a soft body roller and specially designed balls. MELT re-hydrates the connective tissue(also known as fascia), re-balances the nervous system, unwinds compensation patterns in the body and restores space to compressed joints. The ultimate goal of MELT is to improve the body’s ability to restore balance and repair itself; which can create remarkable, lasting changes.
More information at www.reviverestorativeretreats.com
About Marisa Merliss
Marisa Merliss is a fitness and wellness professional coming from a background as a Pediatric Registered Nurse,
Professional Dancer and Fitness Model. After a traumatic fall early in her dance career followed by multiple surgeries she endured debilitating pain on and off for years. In an attempt to heal and get to the root cause of her pain Marisa explored alternative healing modalities and discovered The Melt Method by Sue Hitzmann (www.meltmethod.com) and BodyArt by Robert Steinbacher (www.bodyart-training.com).
After a profound healing experience working with Sue Hitzmann, she found strength and stability through practicing BodyArt, and has been back to full activity ever since. These life changing experiences led her to become a Melt Method Instructor, Body Art Master Teacher, Certified Pilates Mat Instructor, and NASM Certified Personal Trainer.
Marisa currently teaches classes in New York City and is beyond excited to team up with her fit sister Becca Pace to create a rejuvenating wellness experience for retreat participants in stunning and peaceful destinations.
Go to www.marisamerliss.com to learn more.
- 7 nights in a Single or Double room in the stunning estate Il Borghino. Literally meaning “small village”, it was designed to maintain the original character of the village while being comfortable and modern. Il Borghino has been meticulously restored with energy efficiency and a concern for the environment in mind, using natural materials such as wood, marble and terra cotta.
- bodyART and MELT classes held daily. The indoor yoga room is located downstairs in the communal area with glass windows looking into the swimming pool. There are also several grassy terraces overlooking the hills and olive groves which will be utilized for some of the classes to take in the peace and serenity of the beautiful countryside
- 3 vegetarian meals daily, prepared with seasonal ingredients by a local chef. Il Borghino sources its food from local producers and whenever possible, uses organic grains, fruit and vegetables. One lunch and one dinner will not be served during the week so you are free to go out and experience the local fare.
- Fresh detox juice at breakfast and unlimited fruit, water and tea.
- Wine produced at the estate will be served with dinner every night. (limited to 1/2 bottle per person).
- Group transfer to and from Lucca at the beginning and end of the retreat (one scheduled pick-up and drop off only. All guests will be responsible for their own ground transportation to get to the meeting point in Lucca.
- Cinque Terre Day Trip Excursion.
- Last night celebratory dinner with Prosecco and delcious home made pizza cooking in our wood-fired oven
- Salt water pool and use of the Turkish Sauna will help to detoxify throughout the week.
- WiFi and Laundry Facilities
What’s Not Included?
- Airfare and travel to our meeting place in Lucca
- Travel insurance
- Airport transfers
- Add on optional excursions other than those speciffied as included
- Optional Spa and Massage Treatments
- Meals outside the villa
Retreat Pricing (per person)
Room Type 1 – Twin room (two beds) + shared bathroom. Early Bird USD $2,250/pp, Full Price USD $2,350/pp
(1 bathroom per 2 rooms)
Room Type 2 – Twin room (two beds) + private bathroom. Early Bird USD $2,350/pp, Full Price USD $2,450/pp
Room Type 3 – Twin room (double bed) + private bathroom. Early Bird USD $2,350/pp, Full Price USD $2,450/pp
Room Type 4 – Single room (single bed) + private bathroom. Early Bird USD $2,550/pp, Full Price USD $2,650/pp
*$500 non-refundable deposit due to hold your reservation. Payment plans available.
Email Becca and Marisa for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Salt-water swimming pool (without heating)
- Steam room / sauna (limited to 2 sessions per week up to 3 consecutive hours at a time)
- Laundry facilities
- Hair Dryers
- Pool Towels
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino at 3:45pm. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to email@example.com as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.