AUGUST 20 – 27, 2022 | THE MAGIC OF YOGA + THE SWEET LIFE – with KATHLEEN PIZZELLO + CHRISSY VACCARO
**** THIS RETREAT HAS BEEN CANCELLED ****
“Move the body, calm the mind, free the spirit”.
Join Kathleen and Chrissy for an unforgettable retreat in Tuscany, Italy. You are invited to experience “La Dolce Vita” for 7 nights at “Il Borghino” in the beautiful town of Lucca. Enjoy yoga, meditation, delicious vegetarian food, celebrate summer solstice (under the Tuscan sun!!) and connect with the stunning local surroundings!
We will enjoy the sweet life together as we learn, grow, rest and reset throughout the week. Discover your true potential with the loving support of community. Live from your heart and raise your vibration. Say YES to La Dolce Vita! Ciao, Bella!
Typical Daily Schedule
Most mornings will begin with an all levels yoga class followed by a delicious breakfast. Afternoons will flow between free time, excursions, and organized activities. Most evenings will be spent together at the retreat center. Use this special time and place to connect to yourself and others. Inspire your passion for life!
Our retreat home for the week will be Il Borghino – which boasts comfortable lodging in four beautifully-renovated buildings, an outdoor salt-water pool, and delicious meals of farm-to-table vegetarian Tuscan cuisine — complete with local olive oil and wine. We have access to a fully-equipped yoga studio, as well as multiple outdoor spaces should we prefer to practice overlooking the valley below.
Below are a few trips and activities available if you should wish to venture out and explore the incredible surroundings or stay in and work on your Italian skills and your well-being!
- a bike and walking tour of Lucca with a local guide;informative fun!
- wine tasting excursion: a scenic 3 km walk to a beautiful local winery followed by an interesting tour and tasting
- Puccini Opera in Lucca; for the opera lovers, this is a 1 hour taste of Puccini in stunning surroundings
- Cooking class – learn from the best with Maria Angela, the most wonderful local cook who dishes up all our meals during the retreat
- Massages and spa treatments; you are most definitely in for a treat with some really incredible local therapist who will be on hand throughout the retreat to offer various treatments.
About Kathleen Pizzello
Kathleen began her journey of yoga teacher training in 2010 on the mystical Lago Atitlan in Guatemala focusing on Vinyasa, Sadhana, and Shamanic studies. Soon after that she discovered Anusara and completed another 300 hours of training in alignment based vinyasa yoga. More recently, Kathleen completed her advanced 300 hour teacher training with Sianna Sherman and Rasa Yoga, a “bhakti fusion of asana, mantra, mudra, pranayama, meditation, chanting, ritual and earth prayer.” Kathleen’s teaching and learning are alive and ever evolving and her hope is that her love for the practice inspires others to live their own lives in joy and authenticity.
More details about Kathleen on www.themoonandthemat.com
About Chrissy Vaccaro
Chrissy began her yoga journey in college, where she discovered Hatha Yoga, and soon thereafter, Alignment-based Vinyasa and Kundalini. After many years of non-committal practice, surfing/swimming/running injuries, and increasingly unsettled and unhealthy feelings of mind and body, Chrissy returned to her practice fully open and ready, jumped into the 200 hour Vinyasa training in 2014, and has not regretted the best decision of my life ONCE. Along the way, she has added reiki and therapeutic thai yoga bodywork to her toolbox of modalities, as well.
Chrissy enjoys sharing the practices of yoga, meditation and mindfulness with students, while crafting a full sensory experience that links music, breath, movement AND stillness. She has been playing in bands for almost two decades, so creativity and fun are usually at the top of her list when it comes to sequencing classes, making playlists, and encouraging everyone to uncover their inner rockstar. We are all rebels seeking to shine our truest selves to the world!
More details about Chrissy on www.rebelyellyogalife.com
- 7 nights’ accommodation at villa, linens and towels
- Use of yoga mats and props
- 3 delicious vegetarian meals daily, except for one lunch and one dinner out.
- Fresh detox fruit / vegetable juice at breakfast
- Local wine at dinner (1/2 bottle per person, per night)
- Unlimited fruit, water, and herbal tea throughout the day
- Last night celebratory dinner with Prosecco and Pizza using the wood-fired pizza over at Il Borghino
- Transfer from/to Lucca to/from the retreat centre on the day of arrival and departure (one scheduled pick-up and drop-off only).
- Outdoor salt-water pool and large communal living areas
- Use of the steam room / sauna (first session free, thereafter €70 per session)
- Pool Towels, Hair dryers and laundry facilities
- Free Wi-fi
- Tourist tax
What’s Not Included?
- Transportation to/from Italy
- Transfers outside of the scheduled pick-up and drop off are not included to the retreat center*
- Travel insurance
- 1 lunch and 1 dinner out
- Optional excursions + add on activities
- Optional spa therapies
- Staff gratuities
* Transfers outside the scheduled pick-up or drop-off can be arranged for an additional fee
Retreat Prices, per person
A non-refundable $500 USD deposit is required to secure your space
Room Type A: Twin Room with Shared Bathroom $2400 USD pp. (2 guests per room) (2 rooms left)
Room Type B: Twin Room with Private Bathroom $2500 USD pp. (2 guests per room) (Only 1 bed left!)
Room Type C: Double Room with Private Bathroom $2500 USD pp. (2 guests per room sharing a bed) (2 rooms left)
Room Type D: Single Room with Private Bathroom $2700 USD pp. (1 guest per room) (SOLD OUT!)
Terms and Conditions
Final Payment is due March 1st 2020. There are payment plan options available as follows:
10/15/19 1/3 of balance due
1/15/2020: 2/3 of balance due
3/1/2020: Final payment due
For more information, click on the button “Reserve Your Place”.
Also, let us know which Room option you are interested in! First come first serve.
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino at 3:45pm. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to email@example.com as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.