MAY 18 – 25, 2019 | FIND YOUR SCINTILLA [SPARK] in TUSCANY – with KERI LINCOLN
“You may have the universe if I may have Italy” ~ Guiseppe Verdi
For all the yogis who know me well, you know that Tuscany holds a little piece of my heart. It is the one place I would go back to year after year, it is the one place where as soon as I step off the plane I feel like I’m home.
Scintilla: a tiny trace or spark of a specified quality or feeling.
For me personally, I find the best place to find your true spark is in Italy. Specifically, in beautiful, magical, tranquil, perfect Tuscany. The gardens, the views, the people, the food, their culture, the nature, the scents…Tuscany is breathtaking. I always leave rejuvenated, with a spring in my step, a twinkle in my eye and a bit of scintilla…sparkle…pure happiness. And this is something so magical you shouldn’t keep it to yourself… I want to share this with you!
Join me in Tuscany in the Spring to find your “Scintilla”
Our retreat home for the week will be Il Borghino – which boasts comfortable lodging in four beautifully-renovated buildings, an outdoor salt-water pool, and delicious meals of farm-to-table vegetarian Tuscan cuisine — complete with local olive oil and wine. We have access to a fully-equipped yoga studio, as well as multiple outdoor spaces should we prefer to practice overlooking the valley below.
Wake up to yummy Primal/Vinyasa Yoga every morning, attend fun workshops most afternoons and enjoy smooth & stretchy flows, meditation or restorative in the evenings; there is plenty on offer with an optional 19 hours of yoga available to you! Yoga will be practiced outside by the pool, in the shala among the vineyards or in the indoor yoga studio. There is nothing quite like Sunrise & Sunset sessions where you can fully savor the serenity of the Tuscan countryside.
The Optional Activities
As well as all the yoga on offer there are plenty of things going on in Italy to help find your special ‘Scintilla’. Below are a few trips and activities available if you should wish to venture out and explore the incredible surroundings or stay in and work on your Italian skills and your well-being!
- a bike and walking tour of Lucca with a local guide;informative fun!
- wine tasting excursion: a scenic 3 km walk to a beautiful local winery followed by an interesting tour and tasting
- Puccini Opera in Lucca; for the opera lovers, this is a 1 hour taste of Puccini in stunning surroundings
- Visit to a thermal spa; bathe in healing waters, enjoy Turkish steam rooms and sauna. Leave feeling completely relaxed
- Cooking class – learn from the best with Maria Angela, the most wonderful local cook who dishes up all our meals during the retreat
- Learn Italian with an experienced Italian teacher
- Explore Lucca on your own – taxis can be arranged for minimal charge so you can experience Lucca when you wish
- Massages and spa treatments; you are most definitely in for a treat with some really incredible local therapist who will be on hand throughout the retreat to offer various treatments.
Special Evening out in Pietrasanta
In addition to our 2 – 3 daily yoga classes, included in your retreat is a an evening out in the colorful and lively village of Pietrasanta, a thriving art centre full of galleries, shops and restaurants spilling onto the pavements. Best known for its marble and bronze artistic works, Pietrasanta often hosts international art exhibitions in the local Piazza’s where you can sit over aperitivo and watch the buzz unfold. Transportation is covered but you will be responsible for your meal out.
This retreat is open to all ages and levels of yoga. Come on the journey with us to find your spark, relax and rejuvenate in extraordinary Tuscany!
About Keri Lincoln
Keri Lincoln is a Primal Yoga® Flow and Solomon Yogalates™ teacher in Lancashire, UK.
Keri is passionate about spreading the grace and power of Primal Yoga® Flow – a seamless blend of Yoga and Martial Arts that was designed by Liz Arch to explore the body’s full range of motion through flowing transitions and thoughtfully arranged sequences.
Keri has always found Martial Arts aesthetically pleasing – Karate Kid, Bruce Lee, Kung Fu films were always the choice but she had never actually tried Martial Arts. That was until she stumbled upon a video of Liz Arch practicing Primal Yoga®.
There was an instant attraction; to the movement, the grace, the transitions, the strength and power. It was mesmerising.
From that moment Keri started her Martial Arts Path; she started attending classes at Southport Karate School where she started her training in the inspiring, hard-soft style, Goju-Ryu with Sensei Guy Keen.
As Keri’s passion grew for the Martial Arts so did the need to book a flight to LA and train in Primal Yoga® Flow – she qualified in March 2015.
Keri’s practice now consists of Primal Yoga® Flow everyday and she enjoys sharing this beautiful and strong style with everyone in her workshops. Her teaching style represents her love for movement and passion for the Martial Arts with creative and fluid sequences. Her workshops and classes offer something for everybody and are suitable for all levels.
Keri is grateful for all the teachers that have guided her and helped her dreams become reality.
More details about Keri on www.kerilincolnyoga.com
- 2 – 3 Yoga sessions every day including use of yoga mats, blocks, blankets, belts, and bolsters, plus additional yoga mats for use outdoors
- 7 nights’ accommodation at villa, linens and towels
- 3 delicious vegetarian meals daily (minus one lunch and one dinner when we head out to explore)
- Fresh detox fruit / vegetable juice at breakfast
- Local wine at dinner (1/2 bottle per person, per night)
- Unlimited fruit, water, and herbal tea throughout the day.
- An excursion to the lively artists village of Pietrasanta
- Transfer from/to Lucca to/from the retreat centre on the day of arrival and departure (one scheduled pick-up and drop-off only). Transfers outside of the scheduled pick-up and drop off are not included.
- Outdoor salt-water pool and large communal areas
- Steam room / sauna (first session complimentary, thereafter €70 per session)
- Pool Towels, Hair dryers and use of laundry facilities
- Free Wi-fi
- Tourist tax
What’s Not Included?
- Airfare from/to your home city
- Travel insurance
- Ground transportation outside the scheduled pick-up on arrival day and drop-off on departure day *
- One lunch and one dinner out when we are out out on excursions.
- Any other additional meals you choose to have outside the retreat centre.
- Massages and Optional activities other than those specified as included in the retreat price
- Other travel-related expenses
* Transfers outside the scheduled pick-up or drop-off can be arranged for an additional fee
Retreat Prices, per person
Room Type 1 – Twin room + shared hallway bathroom. twin beds / 2 people per room £1315 (GBP) per person
Room Type 2 – Twin Room + Private bathroom. twin beds / 2 people per room. £1415 (GBP) per person
Room Type 3 – Twin Room + Private Bathroom. double bed / 2 people per room. £1415 (GBP) per person
Room Type 4 – Single Room + Private Bathroom. single bed / 1 person per room. £1615 (GBP) per person
Terms and Conditions
Initial Deposit: £150 – due on booking to confirm your room*
Second Deposit: £200 – due by 1st October 2018
Remaining Balance due by 28th February 2019.
For Double Room’s there is the option to bring your partner along (retreat cost with no Yoga can be requested). My husband tagged along last time and enjoyed every moment!
Spaces are very limited and accommodation will be assigned on a first come, first served basis.
All prices listed are per person and assume double occupancy (except for the single room). If you would like to turn a twin or double room into a single room so that you can have it for yourself (the beds will make a king size bed) please add the single supplement fee of £300 for rooms with a shared bathroom and £500 for rooms with a private bathroom.
For more information, click on the button “Reserve Your Place” or contact Keri at email@example.com
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino at 3:45pm. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.