JULY 9 – 16, 2016: Tuscany Yoga Retreat ~ Journey into the Senses with Jen Degen + Indy Ewald
Yoga and mindfulness meditation lead to a depth of clarity, calm, and insight that other forms of personal exploration don’t offer. Our retreats are powerful and nurturing opportunities that foster community, inspire our connection to something deeper, and ultimately help us evoke alignment with our lives off the mat.
Join Indy Ewald and Jennifer Degen, for this incredible week of grounding and deepening your yoga practice, relaxing your mind and recharging your spirit. Enjoy twice daily yoga with emphasis on deep relaxation, restorative yoga, Yin and different mindfulness meditation practices.
We will ground ourselves in the earth and the abundance and beauty of Tuscany. Each morning we will begin with gratitude and a yoga practice to center ourselves and tune into our senses. Evenings will feature a meditation practice that brings us home to our practice and re-tunes our bodies to receiving the bliss that surrounds us. Between these practices, we will choose between a rich variety of opportunities to explore, relax, and enjoy ourselves: walking/biking through enchanting villages, an excursion to breathtaking Cinque Terre, or a visit to an ancient thermal bath. The beauty, tastes, and romance of Lucca, Italy, will send you home with your five senses fully restored.
- When you taste your first green energizer juice or our deliciously prepared fresh vegetarian meals … you will feel closer to the earth and its bounty.
- When you experience Indy’s magical mindfulness shoulder sequence …you will feel lighter.
- When you take your first yoga and mindfulness retreat with Jayalila…you will experience transformational change and will want to return year after year.
Optional massages and holistic treatments are available in-house, provided by a team of experienced therapists. Il Borghino offers body massages and healing art spa therapies to help participants relax, unwind, release tensions, and achieve a higher level of well-being.
About Jen Degen
I work with corporate women who struggle with the stresses and pain of perfectionism. They inform me that they are no longer able to self calm like they used to. I help them build every day life practices that help them find greater ease, happiness, productivity and creativity.
I was given my meditation name 15 years ago by my meditation teacher Joni Zweig (Cirasmita). Jayalila Retreats was first born in 2011 with 11 women traveling to San Pancho, Mexico. The women inspired me to continue creating unique experiences, to explore beautiful places, and engage with different village communities.
Yogis/friends who chose to adventure with us help to inspire future retreats. In essence our students are our teachers. We have learned that bringing together people who are inspired to take risks, meet new people, travel internationally, and like to do yoga and meditate tend to be primed to have an amazing retreat experience.
Being passionate about the mind/body connection and how it assists us in staying grounded in what is most precious to us, Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation Practice lead us to find clarity, calm, happiness and insight that other forms of personal exploration don’t offer.
Retreats build community and connection for all who participate. My favorite times of the day are always the morning quiet, or when walking or running in nature at the end of the day. Coordinating retreats to Mexico, Costa Rica, Guatemala and Italy brings joy and creativity into my life work.
Room Type 1 – Shared Room + Private Bathroom (2 twin beds that can also be combined to make a larger shared bed, 2 people per room, each room has a private bathroom.): $1990 (USD) per person
Room Type 2 – Shared Room For a Couple + Private Bathroom (1 double bed, 2 people per room, has private bathroom): $1990 (USD) per person
Room Type 3 – Private Room + Private Bathroom (1 single bed, 1 person per room, has private bathroom): $2290 (USD) per person (limited availability)
Room Type 4 – Deluxe Private Room + Shared Bathroom (1 double bed, 1 person per room with shared hallway bathroom): $2290 (USD) per person (limited availability)
For more information or if you have any questions please email Jen at Jennifer@Jayalilaretreats.com
- 7 nights accommodation
- Twice daily yoga classes
- 3 delicious vegetarian meals per day (excluding one lunch out on Wednesday and one dinner out on a day to be decided)
- Fresh detox juice at breakfast
- Unlimited fruit, water and herbal teas
- Wine (produced at the estate) at dinner
- Aperitivo with Prosecco, and pizza baked in wood-fired oven on last night
- Use of salt-water swimming pool (without heating)
- Guided hike
- Use of Wi-Fi (in common room only)
- Use of laundry facilities
- Transfer to/from Lucca (one scheduled pcik-up and drop off only)
- Tourist tax
What’s Not Included?
- Travel insurance
- Airport transfers
- Optional excursions and other authentic cultural experiences that will be made available to you. (The optional day long excursion to Cinque Terra will be roughly $125 USD,
- Optional Massages and Healing Arts Therapies
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.