July 29 – August 5 | The Good Life ~ Yoga Retreat in Tuscany with Ewa + Valentina
Tuscan Dreams Do Come True!
This summer, we meet up in the lush hills of Tuscany, the birthplace of the Italian renaissance. Our elegant Tuscan style villa embodies the area’s rich history, while accommodating the yoga lifestyle with both outdoor and indoor practice areas.
We enjoy delicious Mediterranean cuisine, made from locally sourced ingredients, and for the first time in our retreats wine is included, as it is one of Tuscany’s most well-known produce.
As always in an Ewa & Valentina retreat, we offer three different daily yoga classes that you can pick and choose from. In between yoga classes you may play in the salt water pool, relax in the Turkish sauna, walk through the nearby villages, or enjoy a massage in the in-house spa.
A curious fact is that our beautiful villa is overlooking the medieval town of Lucca, where Puccini was born and where his arias are still being performed every night. Lucca is also our meet-up and drop-off location for the start and end of the retreat.
Have the best week of your year: Join us for The Good Life!
Daily yoga classes will be taught in the fully equipped yoga room as well as outdoors on the yoga terrace surrounded by olive groves, rosemary hedges and vineyards. Enjoy vinyasa flow with Ewa and alignment based yoga with Valentina. You will receive hands-on assistance in order to find a state of freedom in your body, in your mind and in your life. Together we create a friendly and open-minded atmosphere.
Every day we offer three different yoga classes, one vinyasa flow, one restorative, and one other styled class which is different every day and depending on what the group wants and needs. You are welcome to pick and choose which classes work for you that day.
For 7 nights we will be staying at Il Borghino, a Tuscan retreat villa nestled on a hilltop with incredible views overlooking the charming medieval town of Lucca. Il Borghino has many inviting accommodations including elegant Tuscan style rooms, “L’Olivo” – a hub for us all to gather to enjoy meals together, a wood-fired pizza oven, several outdoor terraces, a salt water swimming pool and a sauna.
Optional excursions and activities available during the retreat:
- A bike and walking tour of the ancient town of Lucca with a local guide (2 – 3 hours)
- A wine tasting excursion to an exquisite local winery – we go by foot!
- Cooking class (2-3 hrs) at the villa with a wonderful local cook
- Puccini Opera in Lucca. For opera lovers, Puccini was born in Lucca and every night, you can listen to one hour of arias from this famous composer.
- A day trip to the breathtaking coastal villages of Cinque Terre
About Valentina Rose
Born and raised in Italy, Valentina is a full time certified yoga instructor who divides her time between Marin County, California and Matapalo, Costa Rica. When she isn’t hosting yoga retreats or blogging, Valentina can be found trail running and baking quiche. She has blended her love of travel and yoga and created a nomadic lifestyle combining the two.
Valentina’s unique background comes from learning with different teachers from Italy, California and the Miami area. Her teaching is authentic, intuitive and compassionate. She teaches alignment based power vinyasa, soft flow and yin yoga.
About Ewa Josefsson
Ewa Josefsson is a certified yoga instructor of Swedish origin, based in Miami Beach where she teaches vinyasa and power yoga classes.
Ewa’s signature flow is characterized by strong sequences focusing on movement as a tool for transformation. Regularly hosting her own handstand workshops, Ewa will also gladly provide hands-on guidance to elevate your inversions. Ewa is considered one of the leading yoga instructors in Miami Beach where she is based,
Ewa + Valentina
Ewa and Valentina have been leading retreats together since 2013. This positive, light-hearted duo is focused on creating an open minded atmosphere where each participant can thrive. Both Valentina and Ewa incorporate meditation, breathwork and spiritual guidance into their classes, as well as hands-on adjustments.
With Ewa, breath is our guide in dynamic vinyasa flows led with a deep love for both the ancient art of yoga, as well as each contemporary individual expression of it. Ewa includes mythology, Tibetan dream yoga, as well as breath and meditation techniques, into intelligently sequenced yet very playful and fun power yoga and vinyasa flows.
With Valentina, you will focus on alignment and moving into stillness. You will learn the use of props to avoid injury, and deepen your practice. You will realize that the real pose sometimes begins when you want to exit it, how to dissect individual postures and then piece them back together, and eventually how to find a more profound understanding of your own body-mind connection.
- 7 nights accommodation
- Yoga with Ewa & Valentina three times daily.
- Delicious Meals: 3 delicious vegetarian meals per day are provided (excluding one lunch out on Wednesday and one dinner out on a day to be decided where we are free to explore on our own).
- A fresh detox fruit and vegetable juice is provided daily at breakfast.
- Fresh fruit, water and herbal teas are available throughout the day and local wine is served at dinner.
- Last night celebratory dinner with Prosecco and delcious home made pizza cooking in our wood-fired oven
- Group transfer to and from Lucca at the beginning and end of the retreat (one scheduled pick-up and drop off only)
- Tourist tax
What’s Not Included?
- Airfare and travel to our meeting place in Lucca
- Travel insurance
- Airport transfers
- Other optional excursions such as the day trip to Cinque Terre
- Optional Spa and Massage Treatments
- Two meals eaten out
Room Type 1 – Twin room (two beds) with shared hallway bathroom. USD $2,150 pp
Room Type 2 – Twin room (two beds) with private bathroom. USD $2,390 pp
Room Type 3 – Twin room (double bed for couples) with private bathroom. USD $2,390 pp
Room Type 4 – Single room (single bed) with private bathroom. USD $3,090 pp **Limited availability.
Email Ewa or Valentina for more details: email@example.com
- Salt-water swimming pool (without heating)
- Steam room / sauna (limited to 2 sessions per week up to 3 consecutive hours at a time)
- Laundry facilities
- Hair Dryers
- Pool Towels
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino at 3:45pm. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.