JUNE 17 – 24 | JULY 1 – 8, 2017 | WELLNESS + YOGA HOLIDAY IN TUSCANY with JULIE MEEK + VICKI VOLLMER
Imagine a week of wellness in Lucca (Tuscany) with daily nurturing yoga and mindfulness practice, farm-to-table alfresco feasting with fresh local produce and immersion into the Italian “la dolce vita” with a selection of authentic cultural + gourmet excursions and activities.
About your Wellness + Yoga Holiday
Julie + Vicki have designed this boutique “wellness” immersion retreat with a focus on the practices that truly impact our health and well-being – moving our bodies, yoga, mindfulness and delicious food (and of course wine), all amidst the amazing history and culture of beautiful Tuscany.
This retreat has been designed for you to experience a lot with great ease and with plenty of wide, open spaces in the itinerary to relax and/or explore on your own or with others. One fee practically covers all, including some amazing excursions such as a bike and walking tour of Lucca, a day trip to the spectacular Cinque Terre region, an authentic Italian cooking class, an authentic Tuscan wine tasting tour on foot and an evening of Puccini opera (Lucca is the birthplace of Puccini!)
Typical Daily Program
Each day with begin with a rejuvenating and relaxing yoga class followed by energy giving juices and freshly prepared breakfast. During the day and evening we will enjoy a deep, authentic immersion into Italian culture, from Lucca’s spectacular art & architecture, to the rolling hills of Tuscany & the Mediterranean sea-side charm of Cinque Terre, to volcanic hot springs; fabulous wines and gastronomia (“the art of good eating”) throughout.
Who is this retreat suitable for?
This retreat is OPEN TO ALL LEVELS of yoga, fitness, health and life experience. We look forward to taking this amazing journey and celebrating the practice of a healthy life with you.
About Julie Meek
On the professional front, Julie is a Performance Specialist, Dietitian and Wellness Coach. She also loves to travel – especially to Italy where together with her family, she is renovating an 800 year old apartment. Julie is passionate about creating wellness through high performance health – and this is exactly what you will experience at one of Julie’s Wellness Retreats.
You can find more information about Julie on her website www.juliemeek.com.au
About Vicki Vollmer
Vicki has been practicing and teaching yoga in the Iyengar method for over 25 years. She has studied extensively with many of the finest teachers the method has to offer; Mary Dunn, Manouso Manos, Patricia Walden, Faeq Biria, Gabriella Guibillaro and Glenn Ceresoli to name a few. Vicki has traveled to India several times to study with the Iyengar family in Pune.
Iyengar Yoga is a method of yoga ideal for all bodies and ages and is recognised for its attention to alignment, balance and safe approach to the art of yoga. Every student is inspired, challenged and encouraged to cross the threshold of what is the “known”. Vicki’s classes during the Wellness Retreat include asana (postures), pranyama (breath work) and (meditation).
Vicki now lives in Tuscany and is doing what she has always done and loves to do. Practice and Teach Yoga! You can find more about Vicki on her website www.vickivollmer.com
Included in your Yoga + Wellness Retreat
YOGA + Meditation
7 days of morning yoga + meditation. Through a daily practice, you will experience an elevated state of creativity and physical vitality to better enjoy Italia and all of her delights.
CINQUE TERRE Mediterranean seaside charm
An excursion to one of Italia’s Mediterranean treasures, Cinque Terre, where we will explore picturesque cliffside villages or simply chill in a seaside cove for the day. (Includes ground transportation with a driver + entry into the national park. Lunch not included).
NUTRITION + performance + well-being
Each day, Julie will share a bite sized strategy or tactic that you can weave into your life, to enhance your personal productivity, well-being and performance.
AUTHENTIC ITALIAN COOKING CLASS
Get hands on in the kitchen and learn how to make Italian classics like fresh pasta and risotto with the amazing Maria Angela.
LUCCA + bike and walking tour with the fabulous Federico
Coming from a noble Lucchese family. Federico’s family have strong roots in the area and he is passionate about its history, culture, art, food and wine. The tour starts with with a gentle cycle around the ancient walls of Lucca pointing out places of interest followed by a tour on foot through the medieval streets.
OPERA + culture + history + beauty
Twilight Puccini opera (Lucca is the birthplace of Puccini) and stroll through Lucca. Includes ground transportation. (Dinner in Lucca not included)
Between €1900 – €2100 euro depending on accommodation type (single, twin or double) – all inclusive
- 7 nights’ accommodation + all linen + towels
- Tuscan Vegetarian Farm-to-Table Feasting (3 meals/day except 1 x lunch when at Cinque Terre and 1 x dinner when at opera) + local wine for dinner
- Healthy juice for breakfast, unlimited fruit, water and herbal teas throughout the day
- Last night celebratory dinner with prosecco and pizza, fresh out of the wood-fired pizza oven at Il Borghino
- A Tuscan wine tasting excursion to a nearby winery
- Use of the WIFI
- Laundry facilities for use by guests
- Transfers to and from Lucca train or bus station to Il Borghino villa at the start and finish of the retreat. (One scheduled pick up and drop off only. Any transfers outside of this are not included).
What’s Not Included?
- Airfares (Suggested Airport Pisa)
- Travel insurance
- Airport transfers
- Other optional excursions or activities not specifically included in the retreat
- Optional Massages and Spa Treatments
- Meals out during two excursions to Cinque Terre + Puccini Opera in Lucca
- Other travel related expenses outside of the retreat
Between €1900 – €2100 (EUR) depending on accommodation type (single, twin or double) – all inclusive
Room Type 1 – Twin share room with private bathroom
Room Type 2 – Single room (single bed) with private bathroom Limited availability
For more information or if you have any questions please email Julie on firstname.lastname@example.org
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to email@example.com as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.