JULY 28 – AUGUST 4, 2018 | YOGA + CULTURAL EXPERIENCE IN TUSCANY with RIMA HINNAWI
Transform your body. Calm your mind. Improve your life. Join us for 7-days of yoga + cultural immersion in Tuscany.
Join Rima Hinnawi for 7-days in Tuscany! Rest and recharge with daily yoga, farm to table cuisine, optional excursions, cooking classes, hikes, massage and holistic therapies while you experience the beauty and culture of Italy.
In between yoga practices, you can spend your day hiking, wine tasting, sightseeing, attending a cooking or Italian language class at the villa or simply relaxing by the pool and enjoying some down time in one of the most beautiful places in the world.
We will be staying at villa “Il Borghino” which offers a secluded setting on a hill top position with magnificent views overlooking forests, vineyards, olive groves and mountains in the distance. Located just 10 km from the charming medieval city of Lucca, Il Borghino offers an opportunity to truly relax and unwind in a unique location.
Il Borghino has a yoga room that we will be able to heat for hot yoga classes, many outdoor spaces to practice yoga, a salt water pool and so much more!
It is ideally located just 15 mins from Lucca, 30 minutes from Pisa Airport, 1.5 hrs from Florence and 1.5 hrs from the breathtaking Cinque Terre region, making it the perfect base to explore Tuscany.
There are also other choices of optional activities and excursions, designed to give you a taste of Tuscany and the local culture, without it feeling like a organized tour. For example, enjoy a walking/biking tour of the enchanting village of Lucca, a day trip to the breathtaking seaside villages of the Cinque Terre, a local wine tasting at a bio-dynamic winery (we go by foot!), an afternoon soaking up the healing waters in a thermal spa, an evening in the thriving artist village of Pietrasanta, a relaxing massage or spa treatment or a cooking class with our very own cook!
About Rima Hinnawi
Rima is a certified Bikram Yoga Instructor and is the Director/Founder of Bikram Yoga Reston, Virginia. Rima grew up in a multi cultural environment speaking 4 languages. She earned BS and MS degrees at American University in Washington DC and is a graduate of the Institute of Integrative Nutrition, the largest Nutrition school offering access to the world’s foremost leaders in Nutrition, wellness and personal growth. She is also a graduate of The Living Light Culinary Arts Institute, a school internationally known as the premier raw organic vegan chef school.
Training + Experience
After years of practicing various styles of yoga, martial arts and marathon running, Rima discovered Bikram Yoga while on business travel. Immediately, Rima felt the benefits and decided to improve her own health and well-being by practicing Bikram Yoga daily. In the Fall of 2002, Rima completed the 9 weeks intensive over 500 hour Bikram YogaTeacher Training in Los Angeles, CA.
For 3 years, Rima taught at various locations around the US before opening Bikram Yoga Reston in April 2005. Since becoming an instructor in 2002, Rima has travelled consistently to attend various Seminars and Advanced Trainings with Bikram. In addition to attending seminars and trainings for her personal growth, Rima has taught at most Bikram Teacher Trainings and continues to be extensively involved. Rima has been very committed to create a nurturing and healing space. She feels very grateful to be in a position that allows her to affect many peoples lives and to continue to witness positive transformations.
More details about Rima on www.restonyoga.com
- Daily Hot Yoga with Rima
- 7 nights’ accommodation at villa, linens and towels
- 3 delicious vegetarian meals daily, except for one lunch out and one dinner out on excursions.
- Guided hike
- Fresh detox fruit / vegetable juice at breakfast
- Local wine at dinner (1/2 bottle per person, per night)
- Unlimited fruit, water, and herbal tea throughout the day.
- Transfer from/to Lucca to/from the retreat centre on the day of arrival and departure (one scheduled pick-up and drop-off only). Transfers outside of the scheduled pick-up and drop off are not included.
- Daily yoga practice and use of yoga room, yoga mats, blocks, blankets, belts, and bolsters, plus additional yoga mats for use outdoors
- Outdoor salt-water pool and large common areas
- Steam room / sauna (first session free, thereafter €70 per session)
- Pool Towels, Hair dryers and use of laundry facilities
- Free Wi-fi
- Tourist tax
What’s Not Included?
- Airfare from/to your home city
- Travel insurance
- Ground transportation outside the scheduled pick-up on arrival day and drop-off on departure day *
- One lunch and one dinner out on excursions
- Optional activities other than those specified as included in the retreat price
- Other travel-related expenses
* Transfers outside the scheduled pick-up or drop-off can be arranged for an additional fee
Retreat Prices, per person
******* THIS RETREAT IS SOLD OUT ******
Room Type 1 – Shared room + shared hallway bathroom. 2 twin beds, 2 people per room, sharing one bathroom. $1895 (USD) per person (early bird rate)
Room Type 2 – Shared Room + Private bathroom. 2 single beds, 2 people per room. $1995 (USD) per person (early bird rate)
Room Type 3 – Deluxe Double Room + Private Bathroom. 1 double bed, 2 people per room. $1995 (USD) per person (early bird rate)
Room Type 4 – Deluxe Private Room + Private Bathroom. 1 single bed, 1 person per room. $2495 (USD) per person (early bird rate)
SAVE YOUR SPOT with $500 USD deposit (non-refundable)
We can then setup a payment plan after the deposit.
For details, contact Rima at firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the button “Reserve Your Place”.
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino at 3:45pm. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to email@example.com as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.