AUGUST 24 – 31, 2019 | YOGA HOLIDAY IN TUSCANY with PRADEEP TEOTIA
Pradeep Teotia is an internationally certified yoga teacher who draws mostly from his training in India. He has the ability to bring out your true potential.
For one week, Pradeep and guests will practice yoga and luxuriate in this secluded hilltop retreat center and enjoy magnificent views overlooking forests, vineyards, olive groves and mountains in the distance. The center is located 15 minutes from Lucca, 35 minutes from Pisa, 1.5 hrs from Florence and 1.5 hrs from the breathtaking Cinque Terre region.
Our home for the week is Il Borghino, a Tuscan retreat villa nestled on a hilltop with incredible views overlooking the charming medieval town of Lucca. Il Borghino has many inviting accommodations including elegant Tuscan style rooms, “L’Olivo” – a hub for us all to gather to enjoy meals together, a wood-fired pizza oven, several outdoor terraces, a salt water swimming pool and a sauna.
Twice Daily Yoga
Yoga will be taught inside the yoga studio where all props are provided for you, as well as outside on the terrace overlooking the magnificent views.
Organized activities included during the retreat:
- Bike and walking tour of the ancient town of Lucca with a local guide (2 – 3 hours)
- Wine tasting excursion to an exquisite local winery – we go by foot.
There will also be plenty of free time for scenic walks, enjoying an in-house massage, a day trip to the breathtaking coastal villages of Cinque Terre or simply relaxing around the villa’s outdoor salt-water pool.
Typical Daily Itinerary (subject to change Pradeep-style!)
8:30-10:30 morning flow
10:30 – 4:30 brunch and free time
4:30-6:30 evening flow
About Pradeep Teotia
Born and raised in a small village outside of New Delhi, Pradeep Teotia is an internationally certified yoga teacher who draws mostly from his training in India. He has practiced and studied yoga his entire life – starting with his grandmother in his early years. He is known for bringing the roots of yoga alive for modern practitioners through the integration of meditation, yoga philosophy, nature’s vitality, spontaneous humor, and joy. His unique teaching style brings alive the holistic nature of healing in a way that is simple, powerful, and accessible – allowing people to connect more deeply with their own authentic power and spirit.
Pradeep teaches at Sivananda Yoga Ashrams & Centers around the world. He also teaches at Bhakti Fest, Wanderlust Festivals, Whistler Yoga Conference, and at the Hawaii Spirit Festival. He leads workshops throughout North America and Europe, and retreats all over the world. Pradeep is a Yoga Alliance certified ERYT instructor.
More info on Pradeep at www.pradeepyoga.com
- 7 nights’ accommodation + all linen + towels (including one pool towel per person).
- Twice daily yoga with Pradeep including use of Yoga mats, blankets, blocks, belts and bolsters plus additional yoga mats for use outdoors
- Wine tasting excursion, including scenic walk to beautiful local winery, tour and tasting.
- Bike + Walking tour of Lucca with a local guide.
- Delicious Meals: 3 delicious vegetarian meals per day are provided (excluding one lunch out on Wednesday and one dinner out on a day to be decided where we are free to explore on our own).
- A fresh detox fruit and vegetable juice is provided daily at breakfast. Unlimited fresh fruit, water and herbal teas are available throughout the day. Tea + coffee making facilities are available in each house.
- Last night celebratory dinner with Prosecco and delicious wood-fired pizza cooked on site
- Group transfer to and from Lucca at the beginning and end of the retreat. Please note that there is one scheduled pick up and drop off only at an agreed time. Transfers outside of the scheduled pick-up and drop off are not included.
- Assistance and advice from retreat concierge to arrange optional excursions
- Laundry facilities in each house, hair dryers and pool towels
- Free Wi-Fi
- Tourist tax
What’s Not Included?
- Airfare and travel to our meeting place in Lucca
- Travel insurance (highly recommended)
- Airport transfers
- Other optional excursions other than those included in the retreat price
- Optional Spa and Massage Treatments
- Two meals eaten out (one lunch + one dinner)
Retreat Pricing (per person)
Room Type 1 – Twin room (two beds) with shared hallway bathroom.
$2100 USD per person
Room Type 2 – Twin room (two beds) with private bathroom.
$2300 USD per person
Room Type 3 – Twin room (double bed for couples) with private bathroom. (only 2 left)
$2300 USD per person
Room Type 4 – Single room with private bathroom. (only 2 left)
$2500USD per person
Email Sarah Johnstone for more details: email@example.com
Terms + Conditions
Reservations are confirmed with a $500 non-refundable deposit, final payments will be scheduled and collected no less than 60 days before the start of the retreat. Registration for this retreat will open on Jan 1st, 2019.
If you wish to cancel your retreat you must notify Company in writing. Once we’ve received your notice, cancellation will take effect subject to the following: If cancellation takes place on or before June 25th, 2019, any payments made will be refunded minus the $500 non-refundable deposit. If cancellation takes place after June 25th, 2019, all payments will be forfeited unless your reservation can be filled. The $500 deposit is never refundable.
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino at 3:45pm. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.