AUGUST 25 – SEPT 1, 2018 | YOGA + WALKING RETREAT IN ITALY with DOROTHY PRICE
A 7-day rejuvenating yoga + walking retreat in Tuscany will feed your body, mind and soul with daily pranayama, meditation and mindful Hatha flow yoga.
Whether you are new on the yoga path or an experienced yogi, this retreat is suitable for all levels. Each morning will begin with meditation and pranayama followed by an energetically balanced physical practice to energize the mind and body for the day ahead. In the afternoons, the practice will explore the asanas more deeply, working to calm, restore and heal body, mind & spirit. Yin classes and Yoga Nidra will be offered on occasion.
Our twice daily yoga sessions will be a balanced combination of sustained poses as well as poses flowing in a mindful progression from one to another (Hatha Flow). Mindfulness and focus on breath are an integral part of class. Attention is always given to basic alignment & therapeutic principals.
- Modifications are offered to help individuals understand and work with their own unique limitations.
- Classes are balanced with energy, to give you a good physical work-out and calm to keep you balanced.
- Classes are suited for all levels of practice
Every day we will also methodically work through pranayama techniques designed to purify the body and prepare the mind for meditation. Explore a number of meditation styles to find which one/s work best for you. All taught on a beginner level.
Optional Excursions + Activities
- Informal bike & walking tour of Lucca (3 hrs)
- Wine Tasting Excursion (3-4 hrs): Includes a scenic 3 km walk (each way) to a beautiful winery, followed by a very interesting tour and a tasting. (taxi can be hired if preferred)
- Cooking Class at Il Bourghino (2-3 hrs)
- Day Trip exploring the breath taking Cinque Terre Region, walking & hiking (or travel between the villages by train) between the 5 spectacular coastal villages
- Excursion to the lively artist’s village of Pietrasanta (1/2 day). We will go here on the evening that supper is not provided at the Villa.
- In-house massages and spa treatments
About Dorothy Price
Dorothy Price is a yoga practitioner and teacher, based on beautiful Salt Spring Island, British Columbia. Her passion for yoga began over 30 years ago, and since 2002, she has shared her love for this ancient teaching through weekly classes and close to 50 yoga retreats — adding up to over 4000 teaching hours. Dorothy is also a senior teacher at the Salt Spring Centre of Yoga where she offers weekly classes. She has also been a faculty member for The Salt Spring Centre’s renowned Yoga Teacher Training Program since 2004.
Santosha Yoga Retreats
Santosha Yoga retreats is a new incarnation of her popular retreats that have been running since 2002. Her retreats are rejuvenating and fun, providing a getaway from hectic lifestyles and stressful personal challenges at home or in the workplace. Dorothy specializes in smaller, intimate retreats. This way she can give you all the support and guidance you need. She is passionate about helping everyone find their way with this wonderful practice. Her calm and gentle nature put all at ease. Those who participate find a new level of love, honor and acceptance for themselves and their bodies.
You can find more information about Dorothy on her website www.santosha-yoga-retreats.com
- 7 nights accommodation
- Twice daily yoga classes (most days…depending on day trips) including use of yoga mats, blocks, blankets, belts, and bolsters, plus additional yoga mats for use outdoors
- Daily pranayama and meditation classes
- 3 delicious vegetarian meals per day (except for 1 dinner and 2 lunches due to day trips)
- Fresh detox juice at breakfast
- Unlimited fruit, water and herbal teas
- Wine (produced at the estate) at dinner
- Aperitivo with Prosecco wood-fired pizza on the last night
- Use of salt water swimming pool
- One special afternoon in the Turkish Steam Room
- Laundry facilities, Pool Towels + Hair dryers
- Free Wi-Fi
- Transfers to/from Lucca at the start and finish of the retreat (one scheduled pick up and drop off only)
- Tourist tax
What’s Not Included?
- Airfare from/to your home city
- Travel insurance
- Ground transportation outside the scheduled pick-up on arrival day and drop-off on departure day *
- Meals out during day trips
- Optional activities other than those specified as included in the retreat price
- Other travel-related expenses
* Transfers outside the scheduled pick-up or drop-off can be arranged for an additional fee
Room Type 1 – Shared Accommodation with private bathroom(2 people per room) – €1795 EUR*
Room Type 2 – Private Accommodation with shared bathroom (limited availability) – €2020 EUR*
Room Type 3 – Deluxe Private Accommodation with private bath (limited availability)- €2095 EUR*
*All local taxes are included.
For more information, email Dorothy on firstname.lastname@example.org or click the button “Reserve Your Place”.
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino at 3:45pm. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to email@example.com as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.