OCTOBER 12 – 19, 2019 | EAT, PRAY, EAY: SELF-LOVE RETREAT IN TUSCANY with KAITY ROSE HOLSAPPLE
We do not believe in ourselves until someone reveals that deep inside us something is valuable, worth listening to, worthy of our trust, sacred to our touch. Once we believe in ourselves we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or any experience that reveals the human spirit. — E. E. Cummings
Nestled in the hills of Tuscany, come and nourish your body, spirit, and mind with daily yoga classes, self-care practices, and of course, delicious Italian cuisine. Give your body what it needs by tuning into self-care, nourishment, and all things delicious. Learn to appreciate sensation, enjoy your body, and feed your soul in community. Come explore the pleasure of being alive!
Our retreat home for the week will be Il Borghino, a beautiful estate that has been restored to provide elegant comfortable living in authentic Tuscan style. Wood beamed ceilings, stone, terracotta, marble – each bedroom has a gorgeous view of the Tuscan countryside. The estate is booked solely for our group of travelers and includes an outdoor salt-water pool, large communal living areas, a steam room and much more.
Learn to move, meditate, and breathe in a way that feels good for your body. Let go of forcing and ease into your bodies natural inclinations of movement. Weave dance, creativity, and functional movement into your practice to fully nourish your muscles, heart, and nervous system. Connect to a flow state through movement meditation and community building practices.
We have access to a fully-equipped yoga studio with Manduka mats, bolsters, blankets and straps as well as a stunning outdoor yoga shala set amongst vineyards and olive trees. With incredible views to the surrounding country side and the valley below, this is the perfect space to practice our sunset restorative yoga sessions.
Included in the price of this trip is a cooking class and a day trip to the incredible Cinque Terre.
Our final night will be filled with a celebratory pizza and prosecco dinner together. (Meals are included except one lunch and dinner while out on excursion). Please note there is additional free time in which you may choose to participate in other optional other activities, spa treatments or do nothing but soak up life at Il Borghino.
About Kaity Rose Holsapple
C-IAYT, E-RYT, YACEP, Functional Movement Specialist, Trauma Informed Yoga Teacher, Ayurvedic Yoga Instructor
Kaity is the founder of Wild Earth Yoga Therapy and owner of LC Yoga in Northern Colorado (Boulder, Lyons, and Loveland). She helps women heal from anxiety, pain, and trauma through Yoga Therapy. Her style of teaching calls students deeper into self-acceptance and inner-knowing.
Kaity guides students in deepening their connection with body, mind, nature, and life-force. She integrates nature connection, meditation, breath work, functional movement, life-coaching, and meaningful ceremony into her offerings.
Kaity offers global yoga retreats, teacher trainings, and online Yoga Therapy sessions in addition to her workshops and classes. She specializes in trauma-informed yoga therapy, yoga for stress resiliency and anxiety, and functional movement therapy. She thrives working with special populations, such as seniors, trauma survivors, or those who struggle with mental health.
- 1000-Hr Yoga Therapy Certification: Integrative Yoga Therapy
- 1000-Hr Hatha Yoga Teacher Training: Naropa University
- B.A. in Yoga: Naropa University
- 80-Hr Trauma-Informed Yoga Therapy Certification: Sundara Yoga Therapy
- 80-Hr Functional Yoga Therapy Certification: Maria Alive
- 85-Hr Meditation Instructor Certification: Kripalu School of Yoga and Ayurveda
- 80-Hr Thai Massage Certification: Baan Hom Samunphrai (Chiang Mai, Thailand)
- 200-Hr Teacher Training: Kripalu School of Yoga and Ayurveda
- Overcome Anxiety Clinic Facilitator: Sundara Yoga Therapy
- 20-Hr Children’s Yoga Teacher Training: Kidding Around Yoga
- Reiki Level 1: Urban Zen
More details about Kaity Rose www.bewildearth.com
- 7 nights’ accommodation + all linen + towels.
- Daily Yoga Workshops & Classes
- Vegetarian Italian Cuisine: Because food can both be healthy and delicious! All meals included with the exception of one night where we will have dinner out and lunch during our excursion to Cinque de Terre.
- Fresh detox fruit/vegetable juice at breakfast
- Unlimited fruit, water + herbal teas throughout the day.
- Local wine at dinner (optional & limited to 1/2 bottle per person, per night)
- Last night celebratory dinner with Prosecco and Pizza using the wood-fired pizza oven at Il Borghino.
- One Italian Cooking Class
- Saltwater swimming pool
- Turkish Sauna/ Steam Room. (Limited to one complimentary 3-hour session during the week.)
- A group excursion to the coastal town, Cinque de Terre (walk & hiking between 5 coastal villages)
- Free Wi-fi
- Pool Towels, Hair dryers and laundry facilities
- Yoga mats (indoor & outdoor), blankets, blocks, belts and bolsters.
- Transfers to and from Lucca to Il Borghino at the start and finish of the retreat. (Please note that there is one scheduled pickup and drop off only at an agreed time. Transfers outside of the scheduled pick-up and drop off are not included.)
- Assistance and advice in arranging optional excursions (retreat concierge).
- Tourist Tax – this is levied on overnight stays for non-residents in visitor accommodation.
What’s Not Included?
- Airfare from/to your home city
- Travel insurance
- Ground transportation outside the scheduled pick-up on arrival day and drop-off on departure day *
- One lunch, one dinner, and any other additional meals
- Optional activities other than those specified as included in the retreat price
- Other travel-related expenses
* Transfers outside the scheduled pick-up or drop-off can be arranged for an additional fee
Retreat Prices, per person
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL: $100 off until March 1st, 2019 with coupon code “EARLYBIRD” at checkout. Price is dependent on room choice and double versus single occupancy.
Room Type 1 – Twin room + shared hallway bathroom. (2 guests per room).
$2476 USD per person
Room Type 2 – Twin room + private bathroom (2 guests per room).
$2598 USD per person
Room Type 3 – Double bed + private bathroom. (2 guests per room – best suited to a couple) . $2598 USD per person
Room Type 4 – Private Room + Private Bathroom. (1 guest per room).
$2844 USD per person. Limited availability
Terms and Conditions
Initial deposit is non-refundable. For more information, click on the button “Reserve Your Place” or contact Kaity at email@example.com
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino at 3:45pm. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.