SEPT 9 – 16, 2017 | YOGA + WALKING IN TUSCANY with DOROTHY PRICE
A 7-day rejuvenating yoga retreat in Tuscany will feed your body, mind and soul with daily pranayama, meditation and mindful Hatha flow yoga.
Whether you are new on the yoga path or an experienced yogi, we will begin each morning with meditation and pranayama followed by an energetically balanced physical practice to energize the mind and body for the day ahead. Each afternoon the practice will explore the asanas more deeply; working to calm, restore and heal body, mind & spirit. Yin classes and Yoga Nidra will be offered on occasion.
Our twice daily yoga sessions will be a balanced combination of sustained poses as well as poses flowing in a mindful progression from one to another (Hatha Flow). Mindfulness and focus on breath are an integral part of class. Attention is always given to basic alignment & therapeutic principals.
- Modifications are offered to help individuals understand and work with their own unique limitations.
- Classes are balanced with energy, to give you a good physical work-out and calm to keep you balanced.
- Classes are suited for all levels of practice
Each day we will also methodically work through pranayama techniques designed to purify the body and prepare the mind for meditation. Explore a number of meditation styles to find which one/s work best for you. All taught on a beginner level.
This yoga retreat is open to all levels. More details about this retreat
About Dorothy Price
Dorothy Price is a yoga practitioner and teacher, based on beautiful Salt Spring Island, British Columbia. Her passion for yoga began over 30 years ago, and since 2002, she has shared her love for this ancient teaching through weekly classes and close to 50 yoga retreats — adding up to over 4000 teaching hours. Dorothy is also a senior teacher at the Salt Spring Centre of Yoga where she offers weekly classes. She has also been a faculty member for The Salt Spring Centre’s renowned Yoga Teacher Training Program since 2004.
Santosha Yoga Retreats
Santosha Yoga retreats is a new incarnation of her popular retreats that have been running since 2002. Her retreats are rejuvenating and fun, providing a getaway from hectic lifestyles and stressful personal challenges at home or in the workplace. Dorothy specializes in smaller, intimate retreats. This way she can give you all the support and guidance you need. She is passionate about helping everyone find their way with this wonderful practice. Her calm and gentle nature put all at ease. Those who participate find a new level of love, honor and acceptance for themselves and their bodies.
You can find more information about Dorothy on her website www.santosha-yoga-retreats.com
Room Type 1 – Shared Accommodation (2 people per room) – $700 CAD plus €1250 EURO equals total retreat cost
Room Type 2 – Private Accommodation (limited availability) – $700 CAD plus €1500 Euro equals total retreat cost
Prices are per person and are inclusive of all taxes.
For more information, email Dorothy on email@example.com
- 7 nights accommodation
- Twice daily yoga classes (most days…depending on day trips)
- Daily pranayama and meditation classes
- 3 delicious vegetarian meals per day (except for 1 dinner and 2 lunches due to day trips)
- Fresh detox juice at breakfast
- Unlimited fruit, water and herbal teas
- Wine (produced at the estate) at dinner
- Aperitivo with Prosecco wood-fired pizza on the last night
- Use of salt-water swimming pool (without heating), turkish sauna/steam room
- Guided hike (2 – 4 hrs)
- Use of Wi-Fi
- Use of laundry facilities
- Transfer to/from Lucca at the start and finish of the retreat (one scheduled pick up and drop off only)
- Tourist tax
What’s Not Included?
- Travel insurance
- Airport transfers
- Optional extra excursions
- Optional Massages and Spa Treatments
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Check-in an Check-out
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.