SEPT 1 – 8, 2018 | ITALY YOGA RETREAT with DONNA SORCE
Drawing from years of exploration in various styles and disciplines as both a practitioner and an instructor, Donna incorporates the union of breath and movement to facilitate a deeper awareness of the joy that lives in our hearts.
Join Donna in Tuscany for a blissful week of yoga, meditation, exploring medieval villages, feasting on farm-to-table vegetarian food, relaxing by the pool, sampling some local Tuscan wines from a nearby bio-dynamic winery and taking part in an excursion to the Cinque Terre, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Open to all ages and levels, this retreat will leave you felling re-energized and inspired by culture of Italy and the chance to unwind, explore, and meet like-minded people in beautiful surroundings.
Our retreat home for the week will be Il Borghino – which boasts comfortable lodging in four beautifully-renovated buildings, an outdoor salt-water pool, and delicious meals of farm-to-table vegetarian Tuscan cuisine — complete with local olive oil and wine. We have access to a fully-equipped yoga studio, as well as multiple outdoor spaces should we prefer to practice overlooking the valley below.
Day trip to Cinque Terre
Included in your retreat is a day trip to the breath-taking Cinque Terre exploring the five coastal villages embedded in rocky cliffs along one of Italy’s most scenic stretches of Liguria. For those who are hikers, it is possible to spend a day walking and climbing between these beautiful villages and enjoy some spectacular scenery along the way. For others, you can still enjoy walking the more gentle trails, spend time swimming, exploring the villages or sampling some of the local delights.
Local Tuscan wine tasting trip
Also included is a wine tasting excursion to a local bio-dynamic winery. We go by foot along the “Strada del Vino” (the wine road) and after a toyr of the winery and gardens, we settle in to taste some excellent wines. The estate also produces olive oil, honey and pasta. The scenery is beautiful, overlooking vineyards and olive groves.
Other Optional Activities
There are also other choices of optional activities and excursions, designed to give you a taste of Tuscany and the local culture, without it feeling like a organized tour. For example, enjoy a walking/biking tour of the enchanting village of Lucca, an afternoon soaking up the healing waters in a thermal spa, an evening in the thriving artist village of Pietrasanta, a relaxing massage or spa treatment or a cooking class with our very own cook!
About Donna Sorce E-RYT200
Donna has been teaching yoga since 2000 and has been blessed with a diverse group of clients ranging from children to older adults in a variety of settings. Her training at Yogaworks in Santa Monica with Maty Ezraty and Lisa Walford has enabled Donna to bring an alignment based and balanced flow to both her life and teaching practice.
Drawing from years of exploration in various styles and disciplines as both a practitioner and an instructor, she incorporates the union of breath and movement to facilitate a deeper awareness of the joy that lives in our hearts.
Classes range from beginner to advanced Vinyasa Flow and Restorative Yoga (Relax and Renew Certification with Judith Lasater) and Prenatal Yoga. Donna is certified to teach AiReal Yoga – the only form of yoga using a hammock as a prop recognized by the Yoga Alliance. She has also lead a Hatha yoga Teacher Trainings.
Most days, you will find Donna leading yoga classes at The Ranch at Live Oak Malibu, a luxury fitness and wellness spa located in the beautiful Santa Monica Mountains or leading vinyasa flow classes at 5 Point Yoga in Malibu
More details about Donna on www.yogasorce.com
- Twice daily Yoga + Meditation with Donna (except on day long excursions)
- 7 nights’ accommodation at villa, linens and towels
- 3 delicious vegetarian meals daily, except for one lunch out on Wednesday and one dinner out on a day to be decided.
- Day trip to the breathtaking Cinque Terre region on the Italian Riviera
- Walking excursion to a bio-dynamic winery for a Winery Tour + Tasting
- Fresh detox fruit / vegetable juice at breakfast
- Local wine at dinner (1/2 bottle per person, per night)
- Unlimited fruit, water, and herbal tea throughout the day.
- Transfer from/to Lucca to/from the retreat centre on the day of arrival and departure (one scheduled pick-up and drop-off only). transfers outside of the scheduled pick-up and drop off are not included.
- Daily yoga practice and use of yoga room, yoga mats, blocks, blankets, belts, and bolsters, plus additional yoga mats for use outdoors
- Use of the outdoor salt-water pool and common areas
- Use of the steam room / sauna (first session free, thereafter €70 per session)
- Pool Towels, Hair dryers and use of laundry facilities
- Free Wi-fi
- Tourist tax
What’s Not Included?
- Airfare from/to your home city
- Travel insurance
- Ground transportation outside the scheduled pick-up on arrival day and drop-off on departure day *
- One lunch, one dinner out
- Optional activities other than those specified as included in the retreat price
- Other travel-related expenses
* Transfers outside the scheduled pick-up or drop-off can be arranged for an additional fee
Retreat Prices, per person
Retreat pricing includes meals and accommodations. Prices are per person per week and are inclusive of VAT and all taxes.
Room Type 1 – Shared room + shared hallway bathroom. 2 rooms / 2 people per room, sharing one bathroom.
$2030 USD per person. Add $350 for use as a single room.
Room Type 2 – Shared Room + Private bathroom. 2 people per room.
$2175 USD per person. ****SOLD OUT
Room Type 3 – Shared Room + Private Bathroom (double bed), 2 people per room.
$2175 USD per person. Great for couples! Add $580 for use as a single room.
Room Type 4 – Private Room + Private Bathroom. 1 person per room.
$2460 USD per person. ****SOLD OUT
Request Room information sheet for more information.
Private Bathrooms can be either ensuite or located just outside the bedroom.
For additional single rooms the following adjustments can be made:
Room Type 1 can be converted into a single occupancy with shared bathroom for an additional 300 EUR. Beds will be made into a King.
Room Type 2 or 3 can be converted into a single occupancy with a private bathroom for an additional 500 EUR. Beds will be made into a King.
€500 EUR deposit due by or before February 28, 2018 to reserve spot and desired room. After February 28, 2018 deposits are non refundable. Remaining balance due by or before May 1, 2018
To reserve your space or ask any questions, click on the button “Reserve Your Place” and include type of room requested. Or contact Donna at firstname.lastname@example.org
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino at 3:45pm. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to email@example.com as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.