MAY 5 – 12, 2018 | TUSCAN COUNTRYSIDE YOGA ADVENTURE with ANANDA EXPEDITIONS
Ananda Expeditions crafts travel experiences that balance engagement, adventure, and rejuvenation. Winner of Shape Magzine’s Healthy Travel award in the category of “Best Curated Experience” – this retreat offers active, expansive travel with purpose!
Join Michael Hoyer for a 7-day yoga adventure in Tuscany. Enjoy twice daily daily Vinyasa yoga classes (all-levels), adventurous hiking and sightseeing excursions led by local guides. The week includes an array of culinary and cultural experiences plus ample time for relaxing or exploring the area on your own.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR YOGA ADVENTURE
During the week, we’ll practice daily, explore the walled city of Lucca by bike with a local guide, walk to a neighboring winery for a tour and tasting, learn how to cook traditional Tuscan dishes from Maria Angela, and take a day-trip to the breathtaking beaches and cliff-side villages of Cinque Terre. You can also opt in for additional outings — including an evening out at the opera in Lucca, an excursion to the artists’ community of Pietrasanta, and/or massage treatments on-site.
In addition to its picturesque locale in the hills above Lucca, the villa boasts comfortable lodging and common spaces in four beautifully-renovated buildings. There is an outdoor salt-water pool we feat and we have access to a fully-equipped yoga studio, as well as multiple outdoor spaces should we prefer to practice outdoors overlooking the valley below.
This is your chance to take your practice abroad and treat yourself to the active vacation you’ve been craving!
Typical Daily Schedule
Day 1 — Saturday
Plan to arrive at the Lucca train station to catch the group transfer to the villa, or make your own way. Check-in at the villa at 4 PM. Settle into your room, then unwind with a relaxed, grounding yoga practice. Enjoy your first farm-to-table vegetarian meal, complete with local olive oil and wine, before retiring for a good night’s sleep.
Days 2 – 6 — Sunday – Friday
While the schedule is subject to change, here’s an outline of the two types of typical days:
Variant 1 (Most Days):
8:30 AM — Morning Yoga
9 AM — Breakfast
10:30 AM-1:30 PM — Guided Walk / Cooking Class / Free Time
1:30/2 PM — Lunch
5-7 PM — All-Levels Yoga Practice (including pose demonstrations + long savasana)
7:30 PM — Dinner
Variant 2 (Day-Trip Day):
6:30 AM — Quick Breakfast
7 AM — Depart for Cinque Terre Day Trip
7 PM — Return to Villa
7:30 PM — Dinner
Day 7 — Saturday
After a slightly earlier, farewell breakfast, we will check out at 9:30 AM. You can join the group transfer back to central Lucca, or continue on your own way.
About Michael Hoyer and Ananda Expeditions
Michael teaches strong and mindful Vinyasa practices that blend intelligent sequencing, precise alignment cues, and accessible contemplative themes. Most importantly, she focuses on meeting the specific desires and needs of her students — whether that entails introducing the basics of the practice to those who are new to yoga, or supporting more experienced practitioners in their process of continual growth and discovery.
Expect to be warmly welcomed and physically challenged, to receive thoughtful (not forceful) manual adjustments, to experience a deeply restorative savasana at the practice’s end, and to leave your mat feeling both relaxed and invigorated.
Having completed 500 hours of Vinyasa yoga teacher training with her two primary teachers, Jason Crandell and Stephanie Snyder, Michael also holds a PhD in Comparative Literature from Stanford University and is the founder of and head guide for Ananda Expeditions, an “inspired adventure travel” company that designs custom itineraries and small-group trips.
For more information about yogic + adventure travel, visit www.anandaexpeditions.com
- 7 nights’ accommodation at villa, linens and towels
- Daily yoga practice and use of yoga room, yoga mats, blocks, blankets, belts, and bolsters, plus additional yoga mats for use outdoors
- 3 delicious vegetarian meals daily, except one lunch & one dinner out
- Local wine at dinner (1/2 bottle per person, per night)
- Unlimited fruit, water, and herbal tea throughout the day.
- Planned activities (including day trip to Cinque Terre, tour of Lucca, cooking class, and winery visit), entrance fees, and local guides
- All group transportation, including one transfer from Lucca to villa (9/30), and back to Lucca (10/7)
- Outdoor salt-water pool
- Steam room /sauna (first session free, thereafter €70 per session)
- Laundry Faciliities, Hair Dryers & Pool Towels
- Tourist tax
What’s Not Included?
- Airfare from/to your home city
- Travel insurance
- Ground transportation outside the scheduled pick-up on arrival day and drop-off on departure day *
- One lunch, one dinner, and any other additional meals
- Optional activities other than those specified as included in the retreat price
- Other travel-related expenses
* Transfers outside the scheduled pick-up or drop-off can be arranged for an additional fee
Retreat Prices, per person
Early Bird discount applies until January 1, 2018 / Regular
Room Type 1 – Double / Twin room (2 people) with shared hallway bathroom. USD $2275 pp / $2455 pp
Room Type 2 – Double / Twin room (2 people with private bathroom. USD $2535 pp / $2470 pp
Room Type 3 – Single room with shared hallway bathroom. USD $2735 pp / $2955 pp *Limited availability.
Room Type 4 – Deluxe single room with private bathroom. USD $3195 pp/ $3450 pp *Limited availability.
$500 deposit to reserve space / Balance due 90 days prior to departure
Email Michael for more details: email@example.com
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino at 3:45pm. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.