MAY 7 – 14, 2022 | RETREAT IN TUSCANY with COLLEEN WRIGHTE
Yoga is a way of BEING.
Join Colleen for a week of “La Dolce Vita!” in Tuscany. Our home for the week is nestled in the hills of Lucca in natural surroundings and a secluded setting. Suitable for all levels of experience, Colleen’s teaching integrates the Yogic principals of breath, movement, alignment, balance and relaxation.
Join us for a 7-day retreat in the stunning scenery of Italy’s Tuscany with daily yoga and meditation sessions. Immerse yourself in the local culture, connect on a deeper level with yourself and with those around you.
Each day begins with a time for self-reflection followed by an invigorating morning salute to the sun, and a good stretch. Throughout the day enjoy healthy, fresh farm-to-table meals, spend some time by the pool, or simply wander around the area and discover a whole new world. Afternoon workshops with a diverse range of themes, or excursions to notable sights and attractions help wind down your day.
Come to disconnect, reconnect, and rejuvenate. It’s time to take the leap. It’s time for an adventure!
Our retreat home for the week will be Il Borghino – which boasts comfortable lodging in four beautifully-renovated buildings, an outdoor salt-water pool, and delicious meals of farm-to-table vegetarian Tuscan cuisine — complete with local olive oil and wine. We have access to a fully-equipped yoga studio with MANDUKA props, as well as beautiful outdoor spaces should we prefer to practice overlooking the valley below.
This retreat is open to all ages and levels of experience. Come alone or come with friends and give yourself some well earned time and space to relax, recharge your batteries and simply be.
Colleen brings a holistic approach to her Yoga teaching after experiencing for herself the transformational and healing benefits of a regular Yoga practice. Yoga is a way of being. It guides you to self awakening and a deeper awareness of your inner teacher. Her teaching integrates the Yogic principals of breath, movement, alignment, balance and relaxation.
Colleen is an experienced 500Hr Yoga Alliance certified teacher (E-RYT 500), based in Ottawa, Canada. She has studied Akhanda Yoga and completed her Teacher Training under the inspirational guidance of Yogi Vishvketu. Colleen also received her Restorative Yoga Certification with Judith Lasater, Pre and Post Natal Yoga Training and has expanded her teaching skills in the advanced level Yoga Teacher Training at the Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health, and the Nosara Institute.
- Daily holistic Hatha yoga classes with Colleen including use of yoga room, yoga mats, blocks, blankets, belts, and bolsters, plus additional yoga mats for use outdoors
- 7 nights’ accommodation at villa, including all linens and towels
- 7 delicious breakfasts, 6 lunches, 6 dinners all vegetarian
- Local wine at dinner (1/2 bottle per person, per night. Additional alcohol can be purchased)
- Unlimited fruit, water, and herbal tea throughout the day.
- Freshly pressed fruit/vegetable juice every morning
- Transfer from/to Lucca to/from the retreat centre on the day of arrival and departure (one scheduled pick-up and drop-off only)
- Use of outdoor salt-water pool and common areas
- Pool Towels, Hairdryers, use of laundry facilities
- Tourist tax
Retreat Prices, per person
Room Type 1 – Double/Twin room – 2 single beds (2 people) with private bathroom. $TBA (CAD) per person
Room Type 2 – Double/Twin room – 1 double bed (2 people) with private bathroom. $TBA (CAD) per person
Room Type 3 – Single Room with shared hallway bathroom with one other person. $TBA (CAD) per person
Room Type 4 – Single room with private bathroom $TBA (CAD) per person
Terms and Conditions
$500 CAD non-refundable deposit to reserve space. Balance due 60 days prior to departure. Please indicate what type of room you would like. Once we receive your reservation, we will email you a confirmation along with more trip details.
For more information, click on the button “Reserve your Place” or contact Miriam or Chantal at email@example.com
What’s Not Included?
- Airfare from/to your home city
- Travel insurance
- Ground transportation outside the scheduled pick-up on arrival day and drop-off on departure day *
- One lunch and one dinner
- Optional activities other than those specified as included in the retreat price
- Other travel-related expenses
* Transfers outside the scheduled pick-up or drop-off can be arranged for an additional fee
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino at 3:45pm. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.