August 13 – 20, 2016: Spell of the Sensuous ~ Yoga, Art + Gastronomia with Micheline Berry
This boutique “yoga meets culture” immersion retreat will focus on integrating the “healing arts” of yoga, meditation and mindfulness practice with the “fine arts” of Italian culture. Both arise from a committed, soulful journey inward.
Join Micheline Berry & Joey Lugassy for a 7 day+night Italian Spell of the Sensuous, surrounded as far as the eye can see by hillside-fields of wild flowers, olive orchards & Tuscan vineyards. In addition to Micheline’s daily Liquid Asana™ Vinyasa yoga and meditation, you will enjoy farm-to-table alfresco feasting from Estate produced wine, olive oil, fruit, vegetables and herbs.
During the days and evenings, we will enjoy a deep, authentic immersion into Italian Culture including Lucca’s spectacular walled city, home of Puccini; the rolling hills, orchards and vinyards of Tuscany; the Mediterranean sea-side coves of Cinque Terre; and the fabulous wines and gastronomia (“the art of good eating”) throughout.
Included in your retreat is a unique itinerary of cultural outings, sensuous food and nature alike, including:
- A Day Trip to Cinque Terre (Includes national park pass, beach access and ground train transportation within Cinque Terre National Park. Does NOT include cost of lunch nor ground transportation to Cinque Terre.)
- A Day Trip to a private beach cove resort on the Italian Riviera (Includes entry fee, umbrella, lounge chair, towels and cabana. Does NOT include cost of lunch and ground transportation.)
- A Tuscan wine tasting walking excursion to a stunning local winery. (includes wine tasting and cheese)
- Evening sightseeing, (optional opera) and dinner in Lucca (Does NOT include cost of opera, dinner, nor ground transportation.)
- Biking + Culture Guided Tour of Lucca. You will ride your bike along the beautiful walled city expertly guided by the history and story-telling of Federico Grabau. (Ground transportation included).
We’ve designed this retreat for you to experience a lot of authentic Italian culture with great ease and with plenty of open spaces in the itinerary to relax, reflect and/or explore on your own. It is our intention to leave you creatively inspired, well fed, physically renewed and in touch with the wild art within you. This retreat is OPEN TO ALL LEVELS of yoga, meditation, art and life experience. We look forward to taking this amazing journey and celebrating the spell of the sensuous that is Italy with you.
About Micheline Berry
Known for empowering teachers and artists alike, Micheline Berry’s work catalyzes healing and transformation through a cohesive fusion of vinyasa flow yoga, world beat music, somatic arts & meditation in urban shala and exotic nature alike. Her Liquid Asana™ vinyasa yoga classes integrate fluidity with asana structure, flow with dynamic stillness, strength with deep release, spontaneous creativity with intellectual tapas.
As a pioneer in the art of integrating live world music with traditional yoga sadhana here in the U.S., Micheline’s work is often accompanied by a live dj or world music ensemble. Her yoga classes and workshops are akin to an urban ritual experience designed to ignite and deepen the flow of shakti prana – the vibrant creative energy that exists as latent potential within us all. You will come away from this practice feeling empowered, deeply rejuvenated and creatively inspired on and off the mat.
In addition to her ongoing somatic dance and yoga innovations, Micheline’s Liquid Asana™ Vinyasa Yoga is informed by Shiva Rea’s Prana Flow™, Forrest, Ashtanga and Iyengar yoga systems as well as years of study of Tibetan Buddhism, Jungian & Lacanian Psychoanalysis & Continuum Somatic Dance.
She is the Founder of Zen Dancing, the Creative Director/Co-Founder of the world music ensembles Shaman’s Dream and Red Musette and has produced and facilitated over 500 ritual world music concerts, dance performances and multi-media events since 1997.
Based at Exhale in Venice, CA, Micheline leads Liquid Asana™ certified Teacher Trainings, Yoga+Art Retreats & Workshops internationally.
You can find more details about Micheline on her website www.michelineberry.com
Room Type 1 – $2075 USD Twin share room (two single beds) with shared bathroom (i.e 4 people sharing one bathroom)
Room Type 2 – $2175 USD Twin share room (two single beds) with private bathroom (i.e 2 people sharing one bathroom)
Room Type 3 – $2850 USD Single room with private bathroom (i.e 1 person sharing one bathroom) Limited availability
This retreat sells out every year. It is highly recommended to register early. Upon registering you will be given all pertinent travel information, packing list and full itinerary.
For more information, contact Micheline on email@example.com
- GETTING THERE ~ Complementary round trip pick up August 13 and drop of August 20 between Lucca Train station and villa.
- TUSCANY ~ hillside Estate + gastronomia . All Accommodations + Linens + Towels at our Tuscan Estate home. Tuscan Vegetarian Farm-to-Table Feasting (3 meals/day except excursion days and Wednesday night dinner in Lucca) + local Chianti Wine for dinner + Detox Teas, Fruits and Juices + a Tuscan wine tasting excursion.
- YOGA ~ 7 days of Transformational Liquid Asana™ Vinyasa Yoga + meditation daily with Micheline Berry with Live Music Accompaniment by singer/songwriter Joey Lugassy. We will practice yoga and meditate together every morning at our villa’s gorgeous yoga sanctuary. Through a daily practice, you will experience an elevated state of creativity and physical vitality to better enjoy Italia and all of her delights. mats + props are all included here.
- CINQUE TERRE ~ Mediterranean seaside charm. An excursion to one of Italia’s Mediterranean treasures where we will take a day trip to hike the famed seaside “Blue Trail” of Vernazza, explore picturesque cliff-side villages, eat at Micheline’s favorite restaurant in all of Italy, and boat or chill in a seaside cove for the day. (includes national park pass and ground transportation within Cinque Terre National Park via Train. Ground transportation and LUNCH at Cinque Terre not included.)
- LUCCA ~ art + architecture + piazzas + shopping . A biking and culture tour, guided by the inimitable history and story telling of Federico Grabau. Open evening and dinner and (optional) Puccini opera (Lucca is the birthplace of Puccini). (Dinner and ground transportation into Lucca not included).
- ITALIAN RIVIERA | mediterranean sea frolic. Entry into one of the most beautiful private beach resorts where we will spend the day swimming, kayaking, eating, reading, perhaps drinking an Aperol Spritz or two ;) and enjoying La Dolce Vita.
What’s Not Included?
- International airfare to/from Italy (Suggested Airport: Pisa)
- All Ground Transportation during excursions. (The reason this is not included in your fee is that it is impossible to budget this accurately in advance. Ground transport costs depend on number of people and value of the dollar at the time. So plan on bringing $100-150US in cash to 1st day of retreat).
- August 13th: Ground Transportation from Airport to Lucca. However, the villa will provide one complementary group pick up from Lucca Train/Bus Stations at a specified time. Otherwise you will be responsible for getting to the Villa from your port of arrival.
- August 20th: Ground transportation to Airport/station of departure from Lucca. The villa will provide one complementary group transfer back to Lucca Train/Bus Stations at a specified time.
- Meals during Excursions for Cinque Terre (lunch), Lucca Opera Night (dinner), Italian Riviera (lunch)
- Optional Bodywork and massages
- Travel insurance
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.