September 30 – October 7, 2017 | Tuscany Yoga + Adventure Retreat with Michael Hoyer
Ananda Expeditions crafts travel experiences that balance engagement, adventure, and rejuvenation.
Join Michael Hoyer for a week long yoga and adventure retreat that comprises daily Vinyasa yoga practices (all-levels), adventurous hiking and sightseeing excursions led by local guides, and an array of culinary and cultural experiences.
In addition to its picturesque locale in the hills above Lucca, our villa Il Borghino boasts comfortable lodging in four beautifully-renovated buildings, an outdoor salt-water pool, and delicious meals of farm-to-table vegetarian Tuscan cuisine — complete with local olive oil and wine. We have access to a fully-equipped yoga studio, as well as multiple outdoor spaces should we prefer to practice overlooking the valley below.
During the week, we’ll practice daily, explore the walled city of Lucca by bike with a local guide, walk to a neighboring winery for a tour and tasting, learn how to cook traditional Tuscan fare, take a day-trip to the breathtaking beaches and cliff-side villages of Cinque Terre. You can also opt in for additional outings — including an evening out at the opera in Lucca, an excursion to the artists’ community of Pietrasanta, and/or massage treatments on-site.
This is your chance to take your practice abroad and treat yourself to the active vacation you’ve been craving!
About Michael Hoyer and Ananda Expeditions
Michael teaches strong and mindful Vinyasa practices that blend intelligent sequencing, precise alignment cues, and accessible contemplative themes. Most importantly, she focuses on meeting the specific desires and needs of her students — whether that entails introducing the basics of the practice to those who are new to yoga, or supporting more experienced practitioners in their process of continual growth and discovery.
When practicing with her, you can expect to be warmly welcomed and physically challenged, to receive thoughtful (not forceful) manual adjustments, to experience a deeply restorative savasana at the practice’s end, and to leave your mat feeling both relaxed and invigorated.
Having completed 500 hours of Vinyasa yoga teacher training with her two primary teachers, Jason Crandell and Stephanie Snyder, Michael also holds a PhD in Comparative Literature from Stanford University and is the founder of and head guide for Ananda Expeditions, an “inspired adventure travel” company that designs custom itineraries and small-group trips.
For more information about yogic + adventure travel and private yoga sessions, visit www.anandaexpeditions.com and www.yogawithmichael.weebly.com
- 7 nights’ accommodation at villa, linens and towels
- Daily yoga practice and use of yoga room, yoga mats, blocks, blankets, belts, and bolsters, plus additional yoga mats for use outdoors
- 3 delicious vegetarian meals daily, except one lunch & one dinner out
- Local wine at dinner (1/2 bottle per person, per night)
- Unlimited fruit, water, and herbal tea throughout the day.
- Planned activities (including day trip to Cinque Terre, tour of Lucca, cooking class, and winery visit), entrance fees, and local guides
- All group transportation, including one transfer from Lucca to villa (9/30), and back to Lucca (10/7)
- Outdoor salt-water pool
- Steam room /sauna (first session free, thereafter €70 per session)
- Laundry Faciliities, Hair Dryers & Pool Towels
- Tourist tax
What’s Not Included?
- Airfare from/to your home city
- Ground transportation other than one scheduled pick-up and drop-of on the day of arrival and departure. *
- One lunch, one dinner, and any other additional meals
- Supplemental activities (i.e. massages, shopping, opera, etc.) and transportation outside planned group activities
- Short-term traveler’s insurance
- Other travel-related expenses
- Teacher/guide gratuitie
* Transfers to/from the airport can be arranged for an additional fee
Retreat Prices, per person
Room Type 1 – Double / Twin room with shared hallway bathroom. USD $2400 pp
Room Type 2 – Double / Twin room with private bathroom. USD $2515 pp
Room Type 3 – Single room with shared hallway bathroom. USD $2700 pp pp *Limited availability.
Room Type 4 – Deluxe single room with private bathroom. USD $3125 pp *Limited availability.
** Last minute discount of 10% available on the last 2 places **
Email Michael for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino at 3:45pm. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to email@example.com as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.