September 23 – 30, 2017 | Tuscany Yoga Retreat with Elda Giardetti
An incredible week of grounding and deepening your yoga practice, relaxing your mind and recharging your spirit. Enjoy twice daily yoga with emphasis on Modo-inspired yoga, vinyasa, restorative yoga and Yin yoga.
Join Elda Giardetti for an unforgettable yoga holiday at Il Borghino, a Tuscan retreat villa nestled on a hilltop with incredible views overlooking the charming medieval town of Lucca.
We will practice yoga twice a day – sometimes in our fully equipped yoga studio and sometimes outside on our yoga deck overlooking the magnificent views. Yoga sessions include sustained poses as well as vinyasa flow and will be at mixed levels offering varying degrees of intensity so that everyone has the opportunity to advance their practice in an enjoyable way.
Optional excursions and activities:
During the day you can opt for one of the optional excursions, take a scenic walk, indulge in an in-house massage or simply relax with a book around the villa’s outdoor salt-water pool. Examples of some of the optional excursions and activities include:
- A bike and walking tour of the ancient town of Lucca with a local guide (2 – 3 hours)
- A day trip to the breathtaking coastal villages of Cinque Terre
- A wine tasting excursion to an exquisite local winery – we go by foot!
- An excursion to the seaside town of Viareggio – the longest stretch of beach in the Mediterranean
- A Cooking class (2-3 hrs) at the villa with a wonderful local cook
- Puccini Opera in Lucca. For opera lovers, Puccini was born in Lucca and every night, you can listen to one hour of arias from this famous composer.
About Elda Giardetti
Elda Giardetti is a RYT-500 and E-RYT-200 with Yoga Alliance and teaches Hot Yoga, Hatha Yoga, SUP Yoga, Restorative Yoga, Partner Yoga, Yin Yoga, and Vinyasa Flow. She has taught yoga to kids, teens and chair yoga to seniors and she especially loves introducing yoga to those who think yoga is not for them! She was introduced to Yoga by her mother at an early age and she continued to practice it on and off. In 2011 she started practicing regularly finding that it helped her manage the day to day stresses of a very busy sales consultant career. Elda experienced the benefits of yoga first hand and couldn’t keep it to herself any longer! Wanting to share her love of yoga with others she completed Moksha /Modo Yoga teacher training in 2012.
Elda has trained with Ted Grand, Jessica Robertson, Judith Hanson Lasater, Seane Corn, Elena Brower, Janet Stone, Amy Ippoliti, Tiffany Cruickshank, Joe Barnett, Natasha Rizopolous, Ana Forrest and the list goes on!
Elda is an inspiring, empathetic teacher known for her clear instruction and focus on alignment. She is encouraging and always takes time before, after and during class to help students with their practice. She is a true yogi at heart , a vegan and has a passion for environmentally conscious and healthy living.
- 7 nights accommodation
- Morning & afternoon yoga with Elda
- 3 delicious vegetarian meals per day (excluding one lunch out on Wednesday and one dinner out on a day to be decided where we are free to explore on our own).
- Fresh detox fruit and vegetable juice at breakfast. Fresh fruit, water and herbal teas are available throughout the day and local wine is served at dinner.
- A guided hike (2 – 4 hrs)
- Last night celebratory dinner with Prosecco and delcious home made pizza cooking in our wood-fired oven
- Group transfer to and from Lucca at the beginning and end of the retreat (one scheduled pick-up and drop off only)
- Tourist tax
What’s Not Included?
- Airfare and travel to our meeting place in Lucca
- Travel insurance
- Airport transfers
- Other optional excursions such as the day trip to Cinque Terre
- Optional Spa and Massage Treatments
- Two meals eaten out
Prices quoted are per person
Room Type 1 – Shared accommodation CAD $700 non-refundable deposit + EUR €1300
Room Type 2 – Private Accommodation CAD $700 non-refundable deposit + EUR €1500 **Limited availability.
Email Elda for more details: email@example.com
- Salt-water swimming pool (without heating)
- Steam room / sauna
- Laundry facilities
- Hair Dryers
- Pool Towels
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino at 3:45pm. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.