August 5 – 12 2017 | Ultimate Yoga Holiday in Tuscany with Bella Betulia
We come together on the mat to build balance, strength, and flexibility.
If you have ever desired to take your practice to a deeper level, why not join us for a Yoga Holiday in one of the most beautiful places on earth! Come practice with us during the day in Tuscany’s archetypal landscapes and in the evenings, enjoy local wine while eating delicious local cuisine.
For 7 nights we will be staying at Il Borghino, a Tuscan retreat villa nestled on a hilltop with incredible views overlooking the charming medieval town of Lucca. Il Borghino has many inviting accommodations including elegant Tuscan style rooms, “L’Olivo” – a hub for us all to gather to enjoy meals together, a wood-fired pizza oven, several outdoor terraces, a salt water swimming pool and a sauna.
Organized activities included during the retreat:
- A bike and walking tour of the ancient town of Lucca with a local guide (2 – 3 hours)
- A wine tasting excursion to an exquisite local winery – we go by foot!
- Cooking class (2-3 hrs) at the villa with a wonderful local cook
- Puccini Opera in Lucca. For opera lovers, Puccini was born in Lucca and every night, you can listen to one hour of arias from this famous composer.
There will also be plenty of free time for scenic walks, enjoying an in-house massage, a day trip to the breathtaking coastal villages of Cinque Terre or simply relaxing around the villa’s outdoor salt-water pool.
Yoga will be taught inside the yoga studio where all props are provided for you, as well as outside on the terrace overlooking the magnificent views. Yoga sessions include sustained poses as well as vinyasa flow and will be at mixed levels offering varying degrees of intensity so that everyone has the opportunity to advance their practice in an enjoyable way.
About Bella Betulia
Bella believes Yoga is not only a way to elevate her own practice, but also as the opportunity to share the insights and perspective from which she has benefited throughout her decades-long yoga journey. Throughout her Yoga journey starting with Baron Baptiste Institute in Hawaii, Bella has come to recognize the underlying key in her practice: that hidden spiritual reality is what matters most, and understanding the universe as an expression of that reality allows us to overcome any hardship and adversity.
Bella is the owner of Bella Vida Yoga Studio in Westfield, New Jersey where she offers a wide range of Vinyasa classes at various levels appropriate for all skill levels. Classes are designed to help students grow at their own pace.
- 7 nights accommodation
- Morning & afternoon yoga with Bella.
- Delicious Meals: 3 delicious vegetarian meals per day are provided (excluding one lunch out on Wednesday and one dinner out on a day to be decided where we are free to explore on our own). A fresh detox fruit and vegetable juice is provided daily at breakfast. Fresh fruit, water and herbal teas are available throughout the day and local wine is served at dinner.
- Retreat Excursions include a bike and walking tour of Lucca with a local guide, an authentic Italian cooking class at the villa, a wine tasting excursions and a night at Puccini Opera in Lucca.
- Last night celebratory dinner with Prosecco and delcious home made pizza cooking in our wood-fired oven
- Group transfer to and from Lucca at the beginning and end of the retreat (one scheduled pick-up and drop off only)
- Tourist tax
What’s Not Included?
- Airfare and travel to our meeting place in Lucca
- Travel insurance
- Airport transfers
- Other optional excursions such as the day trip to Cinque Terre
- Optional Spa and Massage Treatments
- Two meals eaten out
Room Type 1 – Twin room (two beds) with shared hallway bathroom. USD $1770 pp
Room Type 2 – Twin room (two beds) with private bathroom. USD $2000 pp
Room Type 3 – Twin room (double bed for couples) with private bathroom. USD $2000 pp
Room Type 4 – Single room (single bed) with private bathroom. USD $2600 **Limited availability.
Email Bella for more details: Bella@bellavidayogastudio.com
- Salt-water swimming pool (without heating)
- Steam room / sauna (limited to 2 sessions per week up to 3 consecutive hours at a time)
- Laundry facilities
- Hair Dryers
- Pool Towels
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino at 3:45pm. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure flights accordingly.