MAY25 – JUNE 1, 2019 | TUSCANY YOGA HOLIDAY with TOMME FENT
What would it be like to choose your life moment by moment, to find love and beauty even in life’s most challenging times, and to feel connected to the divine consciousness of the Universe?
Join us as we journey together, moment by moment, to the peace and joy that reside within each of us.
Join us for this retreat of a lifetime, in the Tuscan hills outside of Lucca, Italy!
Your senses awaken the moment you set foot on the grounds of Il Borghino. Nestled in the Tuscan hills among vineyards and olive groves, this private villa offers a yoga retreat venue unlike any other.
Gourmet vegetarian fare, local wines, and freshly-made juices are some of the delights served buffet style in the main building, or on the adjoining terrace next to the beautiful salt-water swimming pool. An outdoor wood-fired pizza oven is put to good use at our final dinner together.
We have access to a fully-equipped yoga studio with Manduka mats, bolsters, blankets and straps as well as a stunning outdoor yoga shala set amongst vineyards and olive trees. With incredible views to the surrounding country side and the valley below, this is the perfect space to practice our sunset restorative yoga and mediation sessions.Special mats are provided for outdoor yoga practice.
This retreat includes 30 Continuing Education hours for Yoga Teachers (5 hrs. yoga philosophy & ethics; 5 hrs. anatomy & physiology; 10 hrs. techniques, training, & practice; 10 hrs. teaching methodology).
Three separate houses on the property offer lovely, spacious accommodations. Each house includes common areas for gathering, a refrigerator, and tea and coffee making facilities. Because of the thick Tuscan walls, the houses remain cool indoors even in the summer months. The villa’s lovely grounds are home to fruit trees, a vineyard, and places to enjoy time with others or time alone.
Laundry facilities are available for use by guests. The estate of Il Borghino is booked solely for our yoga group of travelers and includes an outdoor salt-water pool, a steam room and large communal living areas.
Please note: The villa has numerous stairs throughout, and there is no elevator.
Twice daily yoga, delicious vegetarian meals served alfresco on the terrace, a fresh vegetable/fruit juice with breakfast and wine with dinner. All meals are included except for one lunch and one dinner out where you are free to explore on your own or take part in one of the optional excursions. Our final night will be filled with a celebratory pizza and prosecco dinner together.
Optional Excursions and Activities
There is additional free time in which you may choose to participate in other optional other activities, massages and spa treatments or do nothing but soak up the sweet life at Il Borghino.
About Tomme Fent
Tomme loves sharing yoga with students in her classes in Gresham, Oregon, and in beautiful settings around the globe in yoga retreats and trainings. She is committed to teaching yoga as a way of life, enabling students to be present in their bodies and their lives.
Her students include individuals from teenagers to octogenarians, and from those just beginning their yoga journey to advanced students and yoga teachers.
Tomme believes nearly everyone can benefit from yoga, regardless of their age, physical fitness, or health challenges. The physical practice of yoga – asana practice – benefits all of the body’s systems, and helps our bodies remain able to move with ease as we age. Asanas also help quiet our nervous system so we can truly relax and find peace. But the physical practice is only one aspect of yoga. For those who also embrace the teachings of yoga, the breathing practice (pranayama), and the meditative practices, yoga can become much more than a way of “doing” something – it can become a way of “being.”
Study + Experience
Tomme is a graduate of YogaWorks teacher training, and a certified Experienced Yoga Teacher (E-RYT) through Yoga Alliance, with over 1,000 hours of teaching experience to thousands of students. She is also a Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider. In addition, Tomme is a lead trainer for 200-hour yoga trainings through Epidavros Yoga School in Gresham.
She particularly enjoys studying yoga philosophy, and illuminating for her students the blueprint for living provided in the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and other ancient texts, while sharing stories from her own journey as a wife, mother, grandmother, attorney, author, businesswoman, artist, activist, and recovering addict.
More details about Tomme on www.momentbymomentyoga.com
- 2 daily yoga practices with Tomme (except on Wednesday). (Yoga practices are appropriate for all levels, from beginner to advanced.)
- 30 Continuing Education hours for Yoga Teachers (5 hrs. yoga philosophy & ethics; 5 hrs. anatomy & physiology; 10 hrs. techniques, training, & practice; 10 hrs. teaching methodology)
- Lively discussions.
- 7 nights’ accommodation at beautiful Il Borghino.
- All linens and towels. (Bed linens are not changed during the week. Bath towels are refreshed mid-week. One pool towel per person is also provided.)
- 3 delicious vegetarian meals per day featuring fresh, locally-sourced ingredients (with the exception of Sunday dinner in Lucca, and Wednesday lunch to be eaten on an excursion or day of exploration).
- Fresh fruit/vegetable juices at breakfast.
- Unlimited fresh fruit, water, and herbal teas throughout the day.
- Local wine at dinner (limited to 1/2 bottle per person each night).
- Unlimited use of the salt water swimming pool.
- One complimentary session in the Turkish Sauna/Steam Room.
- Use of the yoga room, yoga props, indoor and outdoor yoga mats.
- Free WiFi .
- Pool Towels, Hair dryers and laundry facilities
- All tourist taxes.
- One scheduled pick-up in Lucca at 15:45 on Saturday, May 25th.
- One scheduled drop-off in Lucca at approximately 9:30 on Saturday, June 1st (somewhat flexible depending on participants’ flight/train schedules).
What’s Not Included?
- Travel to Lucca from your home location (airfare, train tickets, car rental, etc.).
- Travel insurance (highly recommended for all guests).
- Airport transfers.
- Transport to and from Lucca (except for the scheduled pick-up and drop-off).
- One lunch and one dinner – to be eaten out.
- Optional massages and holistic treatments (€60 for 60 mins.; €75 for 75 mins.; €90 for 90 mins.)
- Optional excursions, and any transport for excursions except as may be specified in the excursion package.
- Gratuities for Il Borghino staff (we recommend €15-€30 per day, per guest – collected in cash and presented to staff on Friday)
- Other travel-related expenses
* Transfers outside the scheduled pick-up or drop-off can be arranged for an additional fee
Retreat Prices, per person
Room Type A – Double room with 2 single beds. Shares a bathroom with another double room (4 people sharing the bathroom).
$1,950 USD per person
Room Type B – Double room with 2 single beds and private bathroom.
$2,075 USD per person
Room Type C1 – Double room with 1 double bed and private bathroom.
$2,075 USD per person
Room Type C2 – Single room with 1 double bed and private bathroom.
$2,575 USD per person
Room Type D – Single room with 1 single bed and private bathroom.
$2,325 USD per person
Terms and Conditions
A Deposit of $500 USD will hold your spot. Please note the deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE.
A second payment of $1,000 USD is due by February 22, 2019.
Any remaining balance is due by April 12, 2019.
For more information, click on the button “Reserve Your Place” or contact Tomme at email@example.com
The $500 deposit is non-refundable. Guests who cancel before February 22, 2019, will receive a refund of all amounts paid over and above the $500 deposit. Cancellations on/after February 22, 2019, and before April 12, 2019, are subject to an additional $1,000 charge (so all amounts paid over and above $1,500 will be refunded). No refunds will be given for cancellations on/after April 12, 2019.
Transport Options – Getting to and From Il Borghino
- The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa international Airport “Galileo Galileo” – 18 Miles from Lucca
- Florence International Airport “Amerigo Vespucci” is 50 Miles from Lucca
- If you are flying into Rome, Fiumicino Airport is 162 miles from Lucca.
- Regular trains and buses run from both Pisa and Florence airports to Lucca and are very reasonably priced. Trains also run regularly from Rome airport but the trip is much longer and takes around 4.5 hours.
Check-in and Check-out
- Check-in at Il Borghino is strictly 4pm on the day of arrival.
- When booking your flights, we recommend you plan your arrival time in Lucca for around 15:30pm, to coincide with the group transfer to Il Borghino at 3:45pm. There will be one scheduled pick-up only. Please email your arrival details to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as they are available. If you are unable to make the pick-up, we can arrange for a taxi to bring you to Il Borghino.
- Check-out at Il Borghino is strictly 09:30am on the last day. Please plan your departure trains and flights accordingly.